rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

UniBC

Started by mornish · · Last activity · 44 posts · 713 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
21 August 2006
Last activity
22 August 2006
Original author
mornish
Posts
44
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
713
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 44
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. What will this peice of "matal" catch on? How do you go aobut attatching
    cranks to a rear hub? No splines to line up the cranks, all you could
    do is eyeball it and tighten the Qr.

    --
    Evan Byrne
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  2. mornish said:

    what wheelsize does everyone think would work best?

    not this debate again

    --
    dan de man

    GLID said:

    Don't they have MacD Drive-Thru's in Whales?

    I got post 77000 in 'MR'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27264)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  3. lololol.. ur 14 and u think bout a car ? the idea is cool I get fricken
    tired or pedalin sometimes and freewheling would be useful for long
    distance.. how can it be a dumb idea ? cauz u dint think of it evan ?
    or cauz it dont got some E.B plates on it ?.. fricken lame forums..just
    rememberd me why I stoped posting..

    --
    maxisback

    *Hit em with a little ghetto gospel*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  4. Max, Learn to spell.

    First off, who wants to seat drag down a hill?

    Second, why not just learn to glide?

    Third, Why would someone put eb plates on something that has cranks and
    pedals?

    Fourth, Why would I say something is a bad idea just because I didn't
    think about it?

    Personally, I think the concept of effortless downhill riding and the
    capability to go up hills faster than walking is cool, but there is no
    need to fill the forums with threads every time you have a new idea.

    I'm almost 15, Plus, having someone drive me somewhere is better than
    seat-drag-29'er-coasting to my destination.

    --
    Evan Byrne
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  5. Well that seems to be a ridiculously dangerous and ill thought out plan

    --
    trials_uni

    TRIALS 4 LIFE !
    'Check Out The Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez)
    'And the Spline Maintenance Guide!'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52195)

    *Caution-I may have no idea what im talking about*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    trials_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10953
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  6. Evan Byrne said:

    Max, Learn to spell.

    First off, who wants to seat drag down a hill?

    Second, why not just learn to glide?

    Third, Why would someone put eb plates on something that has cranks and
    pedals?

    Fourth, Why would I say something is a bad idea just because I didn't
    think about it?

    Personally, I think the concept of effortless downhill riding and the
    capability to go up hills faster than walking is cool, but there is no
    need to fill the forums with threads every time you have a new idea.

    I'm almost 15, Plus, having someone drive me somewhere is better than
    seat-drag-29'er-coasting to my destination.

    Ok, firstly. Sorry to totally thread jack and take this completly off
    topic, but it has to be said!

    I have been a member of the forums for a while now and found most
    people polite, pleasent and really friendly to talk to. With the
    exception of Evan. When I used to see posts of his, I would bite my
    tounge(or fingers?) and not mention anything. Then it got to the point
    where, I completly ignored any posts or threads by him, thinking, he's
    14 and will probably grow out of putting people down soon.

    Your still doing it! It annoys me how you constantly rubbish peoples
    ideas and speak coldly to people. Recently I noticed Mike (Swarbrim)
    got annoyed with you aswell. I love the fact that unicyclists are such
    friendly, warm hearted people and am proud to be part of the community,
    but I wish you would grow up a bit and stop with the useless posts!
    Just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn't mean you
    have to be nasty or rude to them.

    Mayby you just really are like that, in which case, please try to think
    about others before you post, and the forums might be a nicer place!

    You will probably write some smart-ass comment back, but I wouldn't
    bother if I were you, I won't read it!

    Sorry to lower the tone for everyone else, but that has been simmering
    away for weeks now!

    Back on topic:

    I have been thinking about making a coasting uni for a while, I just
    don't have the time! I would love to have a go on one though!

    Rock on!
    Edd

    --
    Eddbmxdude

    Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

    "May you tread lightly through the dark time of the day and may your
    nose stay chunk-free." - Mrboogiejuice

    "Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
    Unisteve
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Eddbmxdude's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11584
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  7. no offence or anything, but i agree with Edd.

    and back on topic:

    it seems like a totally stupid, pointless idea to me, but if i had the
    time i would try to make one and try to ride it for fun. good luck with
    it!

    oh yeah and how would i go about making a 60" uni?

    --
    iridemymuni

    Evan Byrne said:

    hope you like my super crappy present, but hey, you said you needed a
    wrench.

    ~~hold bananas and chug counterfeit tobasco for christ~~

    'Bike Coalition!!' (www.bikecoalition.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  8. i agree with evan....i dont thinks its possible and if it is congrats
    but im convinced just by logical thinking thats its not......hahah
    sorry...

    --
    connorunicycle

    keepin' it real on one wheel......
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    connorunicycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12937
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300


  9. Quoted message said:


    thaths juth thupid.

    What, riding a one wheeled bike is stupid? *boggle*

    Seriously Evan, you've come up with some pretty wacky inventions
    yourself over time. We all ride crazy machines and do crazy things on
    them, what's wrong with experimenting?

    Quoted message said:


    No its not. A car is.

    Depends what you're comparing it to, really, doesn't it? Compared to a
    normal uni, being able to coast down hills would be pretty nice. Using
    your feet is a more practical way of jumping on and off picnic tables,
    but it never seems to feature much in trials competitions ;-)

    As far as I can tell you're a really talented rider / builder and all -
    I love your BC vids, for instance - they helped persuade me to buy a BC
    in the first place. I used to think you were pretty cool, but having
    seen you be mean to so many people I'm not so sure anymore.

    --
    mark williamson

    Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
    pedals!
    Mark: To answer a question with a question: What use is a skateboard?
    Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
    Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mark williamson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11301
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  10. Another random idea: if you stuck a little caster wheel on your seatpost
    / frame somewhere, when you drop the seat you can have it run along the
    ground (on the wheel) rather than having to hold it off the ground with
    something. This will also mean that if you brake, the braking force
    will be transferred to the ground, so that you don't have to compensate
    by balancing.

    You'd want a handheld brake trigger for this, obviously.

    Cheers,
    Mark

    --
    mark williamson

    Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no
    pedals!
    Mark: To answer a question with a question: What use is a skateboard?
    Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
    Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mark williamson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11301
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  11. let me explain better. on one crank(the one you seat drop with) would be
    afolding up peice of metal the flips out to catch the seat when you
    drop it, so that it doesn't hit the ground. there would be no BC
    plates, just when yous top pedalling it costs. there would be a brake
    so that hen you overbalance backwards you can put it on to lift you
    back up. You could pedal forward to gain speed/ correct your balance.

    what's bad about it?other than being a bit hard to ride.

    --
    mornish

    tobbogonist said:

    that was neat, now i only have to put it to use.
    parents banned my uni due to low school marks so if there are any nerds
    out there with a kind heart, i have a psychology assignment that is a
    few weeks over due, it is on intelligence.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  12. Eddbmxdude said:

    Ok, firstly. Sorry to totally thread jack and take this completly off
    topic, but it has to be said!

    I have been a member of the forums for a while now and found most
    people polite, pleasent and really friendly to talk to. With the
    exception of Evan. When I used to see posts of his, I would bite my
    tounge(or fingers?) and not mention anything. Then it got to the point
    where, I completly ignored any posts or threads by him, thinking, he's
    14 and will probably grow out of putting people down soon.

    Your still doing it! It annoys me how you constantly rubbish peoples
    ideas and speak coldly to people. Recently I noticed Mike (Swarbrim)
    got annoyed with you aswell. I love the fact that unicyclists are such
    friendly, warm hearted people and am proud to be part of the community,
    but I wish you would grow up a bit and stop with the useless posts!
    Just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn't mean you
    have to be nasty or rude to them.

    Mayby you just really are like that, in which case, please try to think
    about others before you post, and the forums might be a nicer place!

    You will probably write some smart-ass comment back, but I wouldn't
    bother if I were you, I won't read it!

    Sorry to lower the tone for everyone else, but that has been simmering
    away for weeks now!

    Back on topic:

    I have been thinking about making a coasting uni for a while, I just
    don't have the time! I would love to have a go on one though!

    Rock on!
    Edd

    What is mean about my post?

    --
    Evan Byrne
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  13. Though some might not think this is possible, but, *gasp*, a nice post
    by evan byrne....

    Cool idea miles, but wont the peice of tubing attatched to the crank,
    inhibit it tfrom going around when you are pedaling? Have you thought
    about using a disengaging hub for coasting? Verses the rear bike hub?
    That way you could ride it around as a normal uni, forward and
    backward, then when you get up to speed, pull a shifter lever, and your
    coasting like a BC. I think that would be something cool to build.
    Also, If you ever want to put one of these ideas into something real, i
    can help you build/make it, I have acess to metal, welders, Milling
    machines and lathes.

    --
    Evan Byrne
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  14. yea, the thing on the crank would have a hinge so that you could flick
    the bar with your foot and it would pop out to catch the frame. I
    didn't know about dissengaging hubs, are they expensive?

    lathes are awesome😎

    after I actually get a BC I might take you up on you offer Evan.

    --
    mornish

    tobbogonist said:

    that was neat, now i only have to put it to use.
    parents banned my uni due to low school marks so if there are any nerds
    out there with a kind heart, i have a psychology assignment that is a
    few weeks over due, it is on intelligence.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  15. mornish said:

    yea, the thing on the crank would have a hinge so that you could flick
    the bar with your foot and it would pop out to catch the frame. I
    didn't know about dissengaging hubs, are they expensive?

    lathes are awesome😎

    after I actually get a BC I might take you up on you offer Evan.

    Disengaging hubs dont really exist. It would be something you'd have to
    make, Pretty much you want a strong unicycle hub, with a locking pin,
    or some sort of clutch to engage and disengage when you want.

    --
    Evan Byrne
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  16. oh, I take it it would be pretty hard to make then?

    --
    mornish

    tobbogonist said:

    that was neat, now i only have to put it to use.
    parents banned my uni due to low school marks so if there are any nerds
    out there with a kind heart, i have a psychology assignment that is a
    few weeks over due, it is on intelligence.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  17. mornish said:

    oh, I take it it would be pretty hard to make then?

    The design would be the hard part.

    --
    Evan Byrne
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  18. maybe after I really learn how to BC then.

    lathes are so cool.🙂

    --
    mornish

    tobbogonist said:

    that was neat, now i only have to put it to use.
    parents banned my uni due to low school marks so if there are any nerds
    out there with a kind heart, i have a psychology assignment that is a
    few weeks over due, it is on intelligence.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  19. I don't like that idea.

    You guys are talking about making a coasting uni with a roller on the
    seat to ride it in a seat drag. So far you have reinvented the
    scooter...I am just waiting for the suggestion to put on some handle
    bars.

    --
    Spencer Hochberg

    (disclaimer: i may not know what i am talking about)

    Evan said:

    i just found some candy in a suitcase under my bed, i have no clue how
    old it is...i ate it anyway

    'Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer'
    (http://Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer)
    AIM: Litldude2
    Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
    'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

  20. ???

    the seat won't touch the ground.

    --
    mornish

    tobbogonist said:

    that was neat, now i only have to put it to use.
    parents banned my uni due to low school marks so if there are any nerds
    out there with a kind heart, i have a psychology assignment that is a
    few weeks over due, it is on intelligence.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52300

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.