rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Unicycle christmas card

Started by sarah.miller · · Last activity · 21 posts · 559 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
23 November 2004
Last activity
6 December 2004
Original author
sarah.miller
Posts
21
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
559
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 21
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've just found a christmas card with a unicycling penguin ( actully on
    a muni giraffe on ice!). It is being sold by the Charity Christmas card
    people in the UK ( the ones that take over a church hall or a shop for
    a couple of months and sell cards for loads of charities, red father
    christmas logo) on behalf on the 1959 group of charities.

    So if your lucky you might find some too.
    Sarah

    --
    sarah.miller - unicycist
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  2. Thanks Sarah, I'll keep an eye out.

    I'm surprised nobody on here's designed any yet...

    (sow the seeds....😉 )

    --
    s7ev0 - level 1 and proud of it

    s7ev0

    Where there's a wheel there's a way
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    s7ev0's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7310
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  3. I'm doing a Christmas card now. I'tll replace the greeting card on this
    site:

    http://www.cafepress.com/unicycles

    There's some Xmas tree ornaments and such. Check 'em out.

    --
    Kayote
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  4. OkeeDokee, just in time for your Christmas card mailing (you know you
    haven't mailed them out yet) Here's some Unicycle Christmas cards:

    http://www.cafepress.com/unicycles.14778938

    --
    Kayote
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  5. s7ev0 said:

    I'm surprised nobody on here's designed any yet...

    We make our own new year cards every year, and about 3 years ago had
    one featuring a snowman blending into a unicycle.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    "Deflating pi does not reduce calories, it just concentrates them. - billham"

  6. Do you have one to scan and post here? Sounds pretty cool.

    --
    Kayote
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  7. oooh that charity thing was at the hall here a little while ago, wonder
    if they're still there...

    --
    theamazingmolio - A Unicylist, a juggler, and a prat

    Luke Duller ([email hidden])
    Never trust anything you read on the internet
    '~*~*Random Forums*~*~ ' (www.randomforums.tk)

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    theamazingmolio's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5931
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  8. Kayote said:

    *I'm doing a Christmas card now. I'tll replace the greeting card on
    this site:

    http://www.cafepress.com/unicycles

    There's some Xmas tree ornaments and such. Check 'em out. *

    I have tried to access the cafepress site several times. The different
    pages start to load then I get a browser message that says *The page
    cannot be displayed*. This makes it difficult to shop and does not give
    me a warm and fuzzy feeling about typing in my credit card info.

    --
    mucRider - Old Unicycling Newbie

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary
    and those who don't.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mucRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6119
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  9. I don't blame you, I'd be leery of a malfunctioning connection, too. I
    don't get trouble out of it when I try, though. Don't know what to tell
    you. I use Mac, and don't get some of the problems people on 'real' PCs
    get. I get totally different problems.

    Hope you can get it to work, though. I don't wanna be the only guy
    sending out unicycle cards this season.

    http://www.cafepress.com/unicycles

    Greg

    --
    Kayote
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  10. Kayote said:

    Do you have one to scan and post here? Sounds pretty cool.

    If you're talking to me: no, not handy (I think I have one somewhere).
    But to give you an idea: it was a folded cardboard (thick paper) card.
    The front displayed a drawing of a traditional snowman made out of
    three (or two?) large snowballs. There was a circular cutout just
    within the circumference of the lower ball, so you could see part of
    the drawing on the inside (i.e. some lines radiating from the middle
    and other junk that seemed just random) without being able to tell
    what it was. Folding the card open, they were spokes in the wheel of a
    unicycle, and cranks with pedals, and part of a fork. Thus the lower
    snowball changed into a unicycle wheel. And the text (in Dutch) Here's
    to a balanced 2002! The inside of the card is depicted at the top of
    my page <http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/rsu2001.htm> which I made at
    about the same time.

    There's another one at
    <http://www.unicycling.com/winteruni/96icetree.htm>. And John Foss
    makes (or at least used to make) a unicycling Christmas card every
    year.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    "Deflating pi does not reduce calories, it just concentrates them. - billham"

  11. mucRider said:

    *I have tried to access the cafepress site several times. The
    different pages start to load then I get a browser message that says
    The page cannot be displayed*. This makes it difficult to shop and
    does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about typing in my credit
    card info.

    This site set off my Firewall alert.

    This site attempts to use 'server' rights on users computers.

    I denied access rights, and the page didnt load properly for me
    either.

    This site has something they are 'hiding'.
    There is no reason they need server rights.

    --
    DigitalDave - scabless

    'nf7-s ~ xp2400mobile'
    (http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=21988)
    '19,748 3dm01' (http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8191641)

    my will to live was stronger than my will to die - iggy pop
    what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger - i dunno 🙁
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DigitalDave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8003
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  12. I've sent off a complaint to cafepress and asked what they can do about
    it. I won't pretend to be savvy enough to know what server rights
    are, so I copied and pasted both messages in my email to them. Sorry
    they're not playing nice, hope they can make it better.

    On a lighter note, Klaas Bil's Christmas card sounds mighty slick with
    the die-cut and all. Y'ourght to reprint 'em!

    Greg

    --
    Kayote
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  13. s7ev0 said:

    *I'm surprised nobody on here's designed any yet...*


    I did unicycle-related holiday cards from 1981-1998 or so. After that
    it was "me & Jacquie" cards, usually without unicycles. See my old card
    collection here:

    http://www.unicycling.com/cards.htm

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com

    "It's good to find something that makes boys into men and men into boys,
    my opinion is that unicycling fits the bill." -- Lloyd Johnson

    "Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/) -- 'USA Rulebook'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  14. They are great cards, John!

    I can see I'm going to have to get busy...

    So why no more unicycle cards?

    --
    s7ev0 - level 1 and proud of it

    s7ev0

    Where there's a wheel there's a way
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    s7ev0's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7310
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  15. Excellent cards! I'm kicking myself that I didn't use a wreath for a
    wheel on Santa's sleigh in my card this year.

    Greg

    --
    Kayote
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  16. Just got this from CafePress. Help me out and let me know any problems
    you have with their site and I'll pass the word back to 'em. I kinda
    like being able to post my unicycle ideas for sale, but not if they
    can't actually be sold. Gimme details and I'll fire 'em back to
    CafePress. Y'all.

    Greg

    ••••••

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Greg,

    I was fowarded your email, and I would like to know a little more
    information about this error message. From what I understand, it


    wasn't

    Quoted message said:

    you that was experiencing this problem, right? There shouldn't be
    anything on our site that requires "server rights" - you should be


    able

    Quoted message said:

    to disallow it, and the site should still load fine. Perhaps you


    can

    Quoted message said:

    give me the email of the person who was experiencing these problems,


    and

    Quoted message said:

    I can contact them directly. We have not had any complaints like


    this,

    Quoted message said:

    and I can only assume that the computer was possibly infected with
    spyware or adware that was trying to run.

    As a side note, I really like your designs, and I would like to


    possibly

    Quoted message said:

    feature your Christmas cards on our Holiday Gift Center in the


    Sports

    Quoted message said:

    section.

    http://www.cafepress.com/gifts/sports/

    Quoted message said:

    Please let me know how I can help with the "server rights" issue.

    Sincerely,
    Jenny Cu
    CafePress.com
    Online Marketing Specialist
    510.877.1576

    --
    Kayote
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  17. Kayote said:

    *Just got this from CafePress. Help me out and let me know any
    problems you have with their site and I'll pass the word back to 'em.
    I kinda like being able to post my unicycle ideas for sale, but not if
    they can't actually be sold. Gimme details and I'll fire 'em back to
    CafePress. Y'all.

    Greg *

    I found a computer that works with the web site. I got my order in.

    --
    mucRider - Old Unicycling Newbie

    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary
    and those who don't.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mucRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6119
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  18. Glad to hear it. Don't hesitate to tell 'em that you had trouble if you
    get the chance, though. Thanks very much.

    Greg

    --
    Kayote
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  19. Richard, your stuff was completed yesterday, according to the wildly
    elaborate report system that Cafepress has. I don't know how fast they
    ship once the things are made, but I'm guessing it'll all be there in
    plenty of time for every holiday you'd like to celebrate: Christmas,
    Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Eid, Agnostica, Winter Solstice...

    Anybody got any others? I love wishing people a whole list of
    possibilities. Do the Hindu celebrate anything this time of year?

    I propose we celebrate Unimas. Any takers? It involves riding a 26"
    wheel around a dirt trail until you fall off and thank the Earth just
    for being there to break your fall, if not your Ulna.

    What do you think?

    Happy Unimas, anyway.

    Greg

    --
    Kayote
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

  20. Thought I'd let everyone know that all the orders have been 'completed'
    according to Cafepress- Victor in BC, your order ought to be shipping
    shortly. Hope everyone enjoys their shirts and clocks and cards and
    such. It was a hell of a lot of fun doing the designs.

    If anyone doesn't already have your Christmas cards, get 'em while
    they're hot! I'd still like to afford a new set of cranks, Thanks!

    http://www.cafepress.com/unicycles

    --
    Kayote
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kayote's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8562
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/36459

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.