rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

unicycle.com gipped me

Started by AllThingsUni · · Last activity · 51 posts · 958 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
22 January 2005
Last activity
27 January 2005
Original author
AllThingsUni
Posts
51
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
958
Views / 30 days
5
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 51
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. short version-they said they were giving me a 20x2.5 tire and they gave
    me a 20x1.95 tire. i called them to see if they would make it right..
    andthey really just blew me off. i read in one of tyler cox's recent
    posts that they sent him a white tire when it didnt come with one. ne
    ways has anyone else had similar problems with unicycle.com. cuz i felt
    rejected.dig?

    jon

    --
    AllThingsUni - A Hog Noob

    I will prepare and one day my time will come. - Abe Lincoln

    You become brave by doing brave things - Aristotle
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AllThingsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8306
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  2. oohhh yeah, there have certainly been similar problems. I just ordered
    my Profile Hub/Crankset, and now I'm waiting for them to send the wrong
    product, or forget one of the cranks or something, so I can send it back
    and have them send me the right one.

    Don't want to explain here, but check out my site with a -few- of ways
    unicycledotcom has screwed over my friends and I:
    http://geocities.com/unicuber/unicycledotcom.html

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  3. AllThingsUni said:

    *short version-they said they were giving me a 20x2.5 tire and they
    gave me a 20x1.95 tire. i called them to see if they would make it
    right.. andthey really just blew me off. i read in one of tyler cox's
    recent posts that they sent him a white tire when it didnt come with
    one. ne ways has anyone else had similar problems with unicycle.com.
    cuz i felt rejected.dig?

    jon *

    Are you sure? They wouldn't blow you off like that. Also, if the tire
    came on a unicycle it wouldn't fit. They make mistakes but they do
    correct them. Call them up, and if the person who answers isn't helpful,
    ask for John or Amy.

    --
    TheObieOne3226 - Fo'shizzle, ma nizzle

    'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
    'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)

    AIM/ICQ:TheObieOne3226
    Yahoo:TheObieOne3226
    MSN:[email hidden]

    disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
    are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
    feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
    everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
    criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.

    Nick, Joe, Tim, Jim, Nick, Eric, Trip, Mike, Bevan, Sabin, Owen, Jagur,
    Brian, Michael, Pete, Evan, Andrew, Justin, Kyle, Dave, Kevin, and Laura
    are my main man.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheObieOne3226's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4851
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  4. You sure you were not mistaken on your order? I'm not sure if there is
    even a 20x2.5 in production. I could be wrong about this but the largest
    20" tire I've heard of is the Onza 20x2.3

    on a side not about tires the dual compound hookwork is a 20x1.95 and
    sure does look sweet in white and black.

    [image:
    http://www.maxxis.com/intellicms/_exec/ecommerce_thumbnail.aspx?maxmode=true&noresizeiffit=false&dozoom=false&width=300&height=300&url=/bike_images/3_4/done/hookworm%20dual_w_bmx~91.jpg]

    --
    Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

    No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
    odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
    to do it right. H20

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  5. Checkernuts said:

    *You sure you were not mistaken on your order? I'm not sure if there
    is even a 20x2.5 in production. I could be wrong about this but the
    largest 20" tire I've heard of is the Onza 20x2.3

    on a side not about tires the dual compound hookwork is a 20x1.95 and
    sure does look sweet in white and black.
    'Link to Image' (http://tinyurl.com/5mlre) *

    Chex, that is a nice tire. But personally, I like the orange/black HW.

    After a quick check on Unicycle.com, the only 20x2.5 tires I saw were
    Trials tires. Are you sure you ordered a 20x2.5? I have seen some
    20x2.5 (that fit on a 20 inch rim) tires at a bike shop. I believe they
    came on a new Giant Cruiser (I don't think it was the stiletto, but I
    could be wrong).

    --
    daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

    Check out my 'pics ' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino)
    'My X-a-n-g-a' (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=fingerpies)
    I need to find a job
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    daino149's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/933
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  6. I have a 20" x 2.5" tire on my summit. Its got a 19" rim unlinke most
    20" unis.

    -Lee

    --
    leeman180 - Single Track Mind
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    leeman180's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8441
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  7. Uni.com has made several mistakes on my orders. However, they have
    ALWAYS make good when I called them.

    I've had some fun experiences (read with extreme sarcasm) with the
    "customer support" of some large organizations. SBC/Cingular in
    particular.

    While they do make mistakes, it's nice to deal with a company in which
    you can talk to somebody that actually cares about customer service. Amy
    and John have always taken care of any problems I've had.

    My experiences with SBC/Cingular have reminded me of that.

    --
    mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  8. I always wondered how they can stil get away with that.

    On the bright side, when the pedal ripped out of the crank on my Torker
    CX, they sent replacement cranks free of charge. Granted they were the
    wrong size, but they sent the proper sized ones for free as well. Now I
    have a spare pair of cranks.

    --
    PopeSamXVI - Resident Hogwasher/Hornswaggler

    Karol Jozef Wojtyla Forever!

    I really am the president of my own fan club. www.samhunterfanclub.tk
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PopeSamXVI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6661
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  9. AllThingsUni said:

    *short version-they said they were giving me a 20x2.5 tire and they
    gave me a 20x1.95 tire. i called them to see if they would make it
    right.. andthey really just blew me off. i read in one of tyler cox's
    recent posts that they sent him a white tire when it didnt come with
    one. ne ways has anyone else had similar problems with unicycle.com.
    cuz i felt rejected.dig?

    jon *

    Dude, not cool.

    Anyone who is been riding a uni or 5 has done business with
    unicycle.com. I admit to having a glitch here and there with not only
    them but other uni sources. Every company and/or person is gonna make a
    mistake.

    The telling point is what happens after the mistake is brought to their
    attention. Uni.com has been superb in dealing with any problems on my
    orders that have presented themselves, and not all orders have problems.
    That's why I am and will continue to be a returning customer. Great
    customer service.

    Ranting on an internet forum, soliciting other negative posts through a
    public [censored] session? We all know they read this forum as well and
    while this may indeed get their attention to resolve this situation, you
    can bet they could care less about your business in the future. I
    wouldn't.

    After this is resolved, are you gonna at least start a message thread
    telling the world how uni.com took care of you and got you what you had
    coming? But by reading some of these other posts, It sounds like it is
    your fault... ordering a tire brand that doesn't exist in that size.

    Ed Hansen

    --
    Ed Hansen - You know you want to be me.

    "I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to
    have been only a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in
    now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than
    ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before
    me." (Isaac Newton)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ed Hansen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6013
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  10. My experiences with uni.com have always been positive. Just discuss it
    with them and give them a chance to make it right.

    --
    newtouni - Self Proclaimed Unicycling Dufus

    Download UniCalc
    (The Unicycle Calculator) free from
    http://www.ironjungle.com/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    newtouni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5465
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  11. Ed Hansen said:

    *Dude, not cool.

    Anyone who is been riding a uni or 5 has done business with
    unicycle.com. I admit to having a glitch here and there with not only
    them but other uni sources. Every company and/or person is gonna make
    a mistake.

    The telling point is what happens after the mistake is brought to
    their attention. Uni.com has been superb in dealing with any problems
    on my orders that have presented themselves, and not all orders have
    problems. That's why I am and will continue to be a returning
    customer. Great customer service.

    Ranting on an internet forum, soliciting other negative posts through
    a public [censored] session? We all know they read this forum as well and
    while this may indeed get their attention to resolve this situation,
    you can bet they could care less about your business in the future. I
    wouldn't.

    After this is resolved, are you gonna at least start a message thread
    telling the world how uni.com took care of you and got you what you
    had coming? But by reading some of these other posts, It sounds like
    it is your fault... ordering a tire brand that doesn't exist in that
    size.

    Ed Hansen *

    Ditto. I also have a business that does a lot of shipping, and if any
    of you have a way of getting shipping errors to 0% while allowing the
    majority of my orders to be shipped within 24 hours and not cost me more
    than the business makes I'd love to hear it.

    I can assure you that the last thing they want to do is have a order
    ship out incorrectly. It cost them time and money. Many times when a
    mistake like this occurs, it costs more to fix the problem than they
    made on the initial sale.

    It is also very well known in this forum that John and Amy take care of
    misshipments when they occur, so if your are not getting the resolution
    you want, there must be more to the story.

    --
    bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
    are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

    Albert Einstein

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bugman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3812
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  12. i've ordered from unicycle.com from my friendly local bike shop who, is
    of course, an authorized dealer. the bike shop has occasionally screwed
    non-uni orders up for me, so if they ever mess up a uni order(haven't so
    far, knocks on wood) i'd probably blame them.

    --
    markf - movie nerd

    stuck in iowa and unemployed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  13. well when i caleld them to see if they could correct it, they were very
    short on words

    jon

    --
    AllThingsUni - A Hog Noob

    I will prepare and one day my time will come. - Abe Lincoln

    You become brave by doing brave things - Aristotle
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AllThingsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8306
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  14. [quote="AllThingsUni"][B]well when i caleld them to see if they could correct it, they were
    very short on words

    Like we don't have a 20 x 2.5" tire.

    Unless you ordered a trials tire which wont fit a standard 20" rim,
    I'm not sure what they could do to help you. is it for a trials 19"
    rim and they sent you a standard tire by mistake?

    What kind of uni is the tire for?

    Dan.[/quote]



    --
    Tellurider - Dan Wilson

    There's a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tellurider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4972
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  15. I just recently ordered a 20" LX for my son. When it arrived, there was
    no frame. Just a seat and post, wheel and cranks, and pedals. I called
    them that evening. They apologized profusely. Then, they got the rest of
    the order on the way the next day and threw in a free t-shirt for the
    inconvenience.

    IMO, they covered their error VERY professionally.

    Chad

    --
    pilotfox
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pilotfox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8918
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  16. For a while I've defended unicycle.com... but honestly I would order
    from Roger before Amy and John. I live in Florida if that says anything
    to anyone.

    We are all running into the same problems, over and over... and possibly
    over again.

    Get organized, find a new system, do something. It's wonderful that they
    provide great customer service, but hell sometimes I just want the right
    parts at the right time.

    Amy and John,
    I know you guys are slammed and that your company is most likely
    expanding exponentially, but please build an organized infrastructure as
    your business expands.

    --
    AccordNSX - Adam Coast Choppers

    If I had a signature, would you forge it?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AccordNSX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/541
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  17. there are 20"x2.5" tyres.

    they are either Lunas or montys or maxxis creepy crawlers...

    its the RIM thats 19" because trials TYRES have huge sidewalls that make
    up the extra 1"

    --
    tomsey - hardcore unicyclist

    www.ozextremeunicycling.cjb.net
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  18. AccordNSX said:

    *Amy and John,
    I know you guys are slammed and that your company is most likely
    expanding exponentially, but please build an organized infrastructure
    as your business expands. *


    i totaly agree.

    its hard to belive that many orders are still getting messed up after so
    many years of increasing sales. thats not the way business's usally
    increase their sales. ive never had a mistake from Bedford in 7 orders
    and hes in another country !

    i think Banjo.com has somthing to do with it too. they may be spead to
    thin. Also i dont know if its like this anymore but a year ago they had
    12 years olds boxing up the orders....

    anyway, im ordering from them tonite, i cant wait to see what i
    get....one thing i always get is the "in case your new to
    unicycling....Tips" letter. they have never forgot that and i have about
    40 of them.

    the packing of the boxes needs help to...why do thousand dollar
    unicycles get put in three dollar boxes? and spare parts get the run of
    the whole box, loose and flying around in there for 8 days till its at
    my house? a bad pack job cannot be blamed on UPS.

    --
    jagur - Total Gimp

    obie is an awesome guy and i cant make football pic's
    ---------------------------------------------------
    -forget_your_life-
    --------------------------------------
    -------*muni militia *-------
    *one wheeled death squad*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    jagur's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/502
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  19. I am fortunate enough to have Christmas year round. Many of my orders
    with unicycle.com have been similiar to Secret Santa programs... I know
    how much money I'm going to spend, and I know within reason when the
    package is going to arrive, but there is one downside.

    I never know what I'm going to recieve or the condition of it.

    --
    AccordNSX - Adam Coast Choppers

    If I had a signature, would you forge it?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AccordNSX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/541
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

  20. I agree too, they say they make mistakes while trying to get every order
    sent within 24 hours. How about you change that to 48 hours, and make
    sure everything that you're shipping off is what you're -supposed- to be
    shipping off.

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37735

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.