rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Unicycle.Com Rocks!

Started by joe · · Last activity · 53 posts · 799 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
1 August 2007
Last activity
12 March 2008
Original author
joe
Posts
53
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
799
Views / 30 days
7

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 53
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've had the pleasure of ordering through UDC both USA and UK, a number
    of times. Both are great.

    I have had nothing but excellent results from orders, questions and
    concerns. They certainly work to satisfy customers and to enhance the
    sport.

    Many thanks to UDC!

    --
    Chrashing

    Regards,
    Ken ... I say it's a great exercise. They say it's a mid-life thing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. I rate and trust UCD (UK) highly. I've messed up loads of orders by
    putting the wrong postcode and Roger is always polite and stuff comes
    quickly. Roger also built my wheel for me at BUC (for free! 😄).

    When I got a defective bumper Roger sent me a new handle aswell as a
    bumper incase that was bad too.

    They're only human and are bound to make mistakes.

    Toodles

    --
    andycookuk

    'Northern Unicycle Trials Sessions'
    (http://www.northernunicycletrials.tk)

    joe said:

    you are the man!


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. I've met both Roger at UDC UK and John and Amy at UDC USA. They are all
    nice people.

    John and Amy are very helpful. At NAUCC last year they helped me change
    my tire when I kept having tire problems.

    I ordered some 661's from them a few years ago, and when they came one
    of them had a little rip on the seam. I told them about it and they
    sent me a new pair.

    A couple years before that, when I was first getting into unicycling,
    they sent me a replacement saddle after the bolts on the one I first
    bought broke (really my fault).

    I've had nothing but great service when dealing with them.

    --
    forrestunifreak

    I will, because I can.
    '*-My Gallery-*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
    *www.qu-ax.com* *unicycle for
    christ*

    "Oh... they don't kick bricks, do they?" ~ Joe Hodgekins
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. For the record, I've dealt with UDC US 5 or 6 times over the last 2
    years (3 unicycles, so far) and am fully satisfied with their service.
    I think they provide a great service! They definitely don't deserve
    some of the trash-talking going on recently. :eek:

    --
    FlyByWire

  5. FlyByWire said:

    For the record, I've dealt with UDC US 5 or 6 times over the last 2
    years (3 unicycles, so far) and am fully satisfied with their service.
    I think they provide a great service! They definitely don't deserve
    some of the trash-talking going on recently. :eek:

    Because you got good service others will?

    Just sayin'

    Mike

    --
    Mikeswarbrick
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mikeswarbrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14276
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  6. Mikeswarbrick said:

    Because you got good service others will?

    Just sayin'

    Mike

    As an other I can say, yes they will.

    --
    Chrashing

    Regards,
    Ken ... I say it's a great exercise. They say it's a mid-life thing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  7. Chrashing said:

    As an other I can say, yes they will.

    Thanks for your witty reply mate.

    I do hope you can see where I'm coming from, obviously UDC US have done
    some wrong, otherwise some people wouldn't be nay saying the business.

    Cheers,
    Mike

    --
    Mikeswarbrick
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mikeswarbrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14276
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  8. IMHO UDC US's trouble stems directly from their policy of charging your
    card for an item as soon as the order is placed. To correct their
    "troubles", all they need to do is resist grabbing the cash until the
    product is shipped. To do otherwise is a ticket to free cash, and an
    invitation to trouble. Because they update their "in stock" listings on
    an apparently monthly basis, you can order something from them, be
    debited for it, and not receive it. Then they may send you the other
    stuff you ordered and just forget about you. In my case, I complained
    both directly to UDC US, and on the forums. I was told by email my
    account would be credited. So another 2 months goes by and I get my
    bank statement. They sent me the email telling me everything is ok,
    they are sorry, etc. ,then forgot to credit my account !
    In summery, I wish this was an "error". But it is not. It is terrible
    greedy policy.
    As a counter point, it is common knowledge among the KH lustful that
    there is great hope we may be able to get KH's again from AE Bike at
    their super great price. But they are out of stock. So their site
    doesn't list them anymore. They could no doubt collect and deposit
    1000's of $ from hopefuls if they were willing to do that. Charge today
    for a back ordered item.
    Just read the end part of this thread. You can see what I mean.
    Honest web sites will not charge your card before they ship. Period. If
    only UDC US could pass on the quick buck, I would so gladly stfu.
    Read the end of the thread, imagine how many people would put down
    money now, but A E Bike (as well as almost all sites), just won't go
    there. It's a simple rule. Box out, card charged.
    http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60873

    --
    feel the light
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    feel the light's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14551
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  9. Mr. Feel the Light, your top 40 responses have been heard by most of us
    too many times. I’m assuming that you’ve spoken to the evil UDC people
    many times with your concerns. It is a shame that you’ve had to deal
    with such an unfair company. Maybe it’s because they just don’t give a
    d@#$. It is also quite amazing that a company this bad is able to
    survive in business.

    I would suggest that the way that you can fix them is to not order from
    them anymore. That way you won’t be aggravated when they do something
    else bad to you. More importantly you won’t be continually complaining
    to us, the only people that _can’t_ help you solve your problem.

    --
    One on one

    "That's going to end up in somebody's sig." - rob.northcott

    "one on one is happy, so am I!...." -CKCrowe
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  10. You have missed the point. I am a fat idiot with little talent who just
    bought ti axles for his pedals to make my lame self feel better. No one
    can shame me. Dump on me all you want.:p
    UDC US owns the web name and will get the orders. That's a fact. I
    must order from them in the future. As must we all. They are the only
    source for lots of stuff. I want to change them because we need them. I
    have never met them, and do not doubt they are nice.
    My only real point is that it is considered, justifiably, unethical,
    wrong, plain bald face greedy give me the money now and trust me I'm
    nice so stfu be glad I'm here to take your cash and pray, wrong, wrong,
    and wrong.... to charge before the item is shipped. You don't have to
    love, respect, or even wish to ever read my drivel again. This has
    nothing to do with my ignorant low talent whiny ass. We Need UDC US to
    match the barest standard of legitimacy. Don't take the cash before you
    ship the goods. It is a sleazy practice. We need them to stop it for
    their good as well as the good of the sport. They only think they want
    that money. They are wrong.
    Follow the standards of other legitamate web businesses. 🙂

    --
    feel the light
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    feel the light's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14551
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  11. I have had nothing but good experiences with UDC US. I have ordered
    from them several times over the past year. Personally I wouldn't give
    a damn if a company charged the $ for a backordered item. I would
    rather have that then forget about an item, then when it's finally
    shipped have insufficient funds available. If it came about that the
    item was discontinued, or unable to be delivered, then I'd expect a
    refund. I realize that in ANY company there are faults. It just so
    happens that this is a company that has cornered such an elitist market
    to begin with, and it doesn't help any that there are forums regarding
    every tiny discrepancy.

    UDC US wouldn't recieve so many complaints if there were hundreds of
    places dealing unis. It is just that you can really only order unis
    from such few dealers. There's bound to be mistakes made sometimes.:o

    --
    SARIN

    http://www.MySpace.com/X_oskeletal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SARIN's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13613
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  12. I dunno how US unicycle.com handles payments, but the UK one at least,
    the reason they charge you as soon as you order on the website, is
    because they use a 3rd party secure payments server, which means that
    they never actually have your credit card details on the unicycle.co.uk
    site. So they can't hang onto the details until it ships, because they
    don't have them.

    I've phoned up and ordered stuff that wasn't in, and Roger said he'd
    call me back when it came in, and he got my credit card details then. I
    think that's typical for UK unicycle.com at least.

    Joe

    --
    joemarshall

    my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    joemarshall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1545
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  13. personally wots with the all the complaints about charging straight
    away? thats wot always happens on the net isnt it? even on ebay! - and
    good god thats unreliable.

    UDCUK have always done me proud, including when my mum ordered my
    unicycle (i had kinda told her wot to get but ehehe), without me
    knowing just before my birthday and they sent ME the confirmation email
    (obviously they had some kind of record of my house and sent me the
    confirmation email with the parcel tracking number. I then found out
    that my mum had ordered the unicycle at 2pm and it had arrived at like
    10am the next day... now thats wot u call service. Even though i only
    got the unicyle the next week. damn parents.

    As for the other order i've put in (i think i've only had two) it came
    in the next day as well.

    MDC which i also ordered from gave me a two day turnaround but since i
    ordered at 11pm... i think that counts as a 1 day turnaround.
    Impressive saying they are in germany.

    --
    brendan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    brendan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13680
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  14. feel the light said:

    You have missed the point. I am a fat idiot with little talent who just
    bought ti axles for his pedals to make my lame self feel better.

    least you can unicycle

    --
    thejdw

    kington99 said:

    A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
    just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage 🙂


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  15. feel the light said:

    UDC US owns the web name and will get the orders. That's a fact.

    Fact is, people could buy unicycles even before there was a
    Unicycle.com. They just started the trend to make it (lots) easier. By
    selling online.

    Quoted message said:

    They are the only source for lots of stuff.

    True, they created (or helped to create) many of the unicycles that are
    now popular. These can also be purchased through their many
    distributors also though. You might be able to get one of your local
    bike shops interested in being a distributor. then you can blame all
    the mistakes on them... 🙂

    Quoted message said:

    My only real point is that it is considered, justifiably, unethical,
    wrong, plain bald face greedy give me the money now and trust me I'm
    nice so stfu be glad I'm here to take your cash and pray...

    Could you please explain where you learned of this policy of charging
    the credit card for out-of-stock items? You seem sure it's a policy and
    are then projecting from that point. May I suggest to you that this is
    not a policy? It's a mistake. Naturally the most irate customers are
    the ones who get hit by consecutive mistakes, which indeed seems to be
    your situation. You have every right to be irate and make sure UDC
    knows about it. I hope you spoke to a live human at UDC before posting
    all your complaints here. That's always the best approach, and was
    reinforced by the Drummonds at NAUCC when they presented their annual
    check to the Unicycling Society of America. If you're having a problem,
    please call and they'll do their best to rectify it. But they do make
    mistakes.

    BTW, since they were up in Michigan for the past week or so, they're
    probably running a skeleton crew until they get back.

    --
    johnfoss

    John Foss
    Email: "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com
    -----------------------------------------------

    "pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
    weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
    of view
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  16. My $1,000 touring unicycle was stolen a month before my big tour and I
    called UDC the next weekday morning and spoke to Amy about it. She
    informed me that the parts would take two weeks to get and I also
    mentioned my tour and that I wouldn't have another $1,000 for about 3
    weeks....that put my unicycle arriving about a week or less before I
    left for the tour if assembly and shipping all went fast. This is no
    way to ride a 500 mile tour. Amy called me back 2 days later and
    confirmed that I would be re ordering. After I told her that, she said
    she put my wheel in the build queue and just to call them when I was
    ready to pay. Well I paid on July 13th and was informed that my
    unicycle was in the box and done....it would ship that evening! It
    arrived in one piece the following Tuesday (weekend shipping) and all
    was well. They even called to make sure everything was well...I have
    had small mishaps in shipping errors with UDC (slightly incorrect
    address, small changes in what I ordered to what I got) but they were
    all corrected with a phonecall. This was truly a point for me that UDC
    came through for me when I needed it most. Thanks to you all. I
    dedicated my RAGBRAI ride to you guys this year 🙂

    --
    mouse
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mouse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14148
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  17. UDC US is the unicycling Monopoly in America. Whenever you have a
    monopoly there are going to be inefeciencies. I mean just look at UDCs
    prices on KH unicycles compared to AEbikes! If UDC US had two more
    serious competitors in the US I bet that prices would be quite a bit
    lower. That includes shipping. I would also think that there would be
    more models of unicycles being sold and more agressive advertizing that
    would lead to more unicyclist and larger economies of scale in the long
    run, with happier consumers.

    I don't think that Feel The Light is all wrong. At FLUCK there was a
    lot of "hate" sentiment towards UDC US. Let us remember that it is
    zeolots like Feel the Light that expend the energy needed to get things
    changed!

    Unicorn

    --
    Unicorn

    Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
    accomplish great feats!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unicorn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12801
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  18. i just got six six one knee and shin guards from ucdc.au

    --
    Daviduni

    bc uni kid
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daviduni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16471
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  19. i like udcuk. roger's great- professional in business and nice to know.
    i've always felt valued as a customer, shipping's always been prompt
    and on occasions i've been pleasantly surprised by how swiftly my
    orders arrived.

    it's pleasurable doing business with them and back to the OP's
    intention i think it best just to show some love for them.🙂

    --
    epistolize

    affirmation: i will hit tricks in a heavy stylee, quit prehoppin and
    flow freely😎
    organise my th🙄ughts into lines
    😄 and WORK "I lli T!
    eratepeoplegetthefulleffectofalphabetsoup?"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  20. I have had the opportunity to order products from 6 suppliers so far.
    This ranges from whole unicycles to just parts.
    Some of them are recent startup businesses (so growing pains and
    established business practices have yet to gel, Others were a
    combination of LBS/Uni reseller)

    Of the Unicycle vendors I've dealt with so far two stand above the
    rest.
    They are ...
    Darren Bedford and UDC USA.

    Darren Bedford
    PROS: The best way to contact is by the phone. Hell, I even called him
    on a Sunday and ordered my uni right over the phone on Sunday. Very
    knowledgable. Gives his time to unicycle community, RTL, unicycle club,
    etc. Responds to emails. Provides tracking information promptly and
    confirmation of shipped goods. Good person to deal with. Has dedicated
    unicycle store in Toronto.
    He's CANADIAN EH.
    CONS: Web site is out of date, maybe from the jurasic period. 😉

    UDC USA:
    PROS: Good web site, full catelogue of inventory. 1800 number for help
    desk, friendly phone support. Amy is great, she really does seem to
    care. Sending her an email or phone call usually generates results.
    CONS: Minor inventory issue with new Nimbus 36 out of stock. Slow to
    respond to helpdesk emails (can alway call the 1800 number for prompt
    result though)

    --
    legtod2

    Terry Fox & Trish Crandall...
    my inspiration in life.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    legtod2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15732
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63102

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.