rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Unicycle Injury Comparison Chart

Started by Tmornstar · · Last activity · 7 posts · 732 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
16 April 2004
Last activity
17 April 2004
Original author
Tmornstar
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
732
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi everybody,

    I seem to remember, when I was first starting out, a comparison chart
    comparing various sports injuries, including unicycle injuries.

    Do any of you remember seeing this chart?

    Tommy

    --
    Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

    Tommy Thompson
    Memphis Unicycle Club
    Please vist our web site:
    http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31846

  2. Was it 'this chart ?' (http://muniac.com/mesite.htm#exercise)
    -eric

    --
    onefiftyfour - Eric
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onefiftyfour's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3495
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31846

  3. Interesting chart! I'm new to these bizaar half bikes but 99.9% of the
    time I've found crashes to be 'step-offs.' The chart lists a helmet as
    safety equipment and, being new to the sport, I've been wearing one. I
    took a really nasty header 2 days ago while pedalling way too fast
    trying to keep the wheel under me and when I came off the front of the
    uni my head smacked the pavement pretty hard. Glad I had the helmet.
    I'm not gonna get on any soapbox here about helmets. Just take it for
    what it's worth.

    --
    underdog - level 0.5 rider

    I feel a lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31846

  4. obviously the chart does not include muni, trials, or street riding.

    --
    muniracer - Hell On Wheel

    The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

    http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31846

  5. muniracer said:

    *obviously the chart does not include muni, trials, or street riding.
    *

    Actually, the chart is referring solely to MUni.

    --
    James_Potter - ***** ***** *****

    -[censored], [censored], [censored]!!-
    -- Kris Holm
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31846

  6. James_Potter said:

    *

    Actually, the chart is referring solely to MUni. *

    i didnt even see that. i assumed that since it said low price and only
    helmet needed, that it only referred to freestyle or performance riding.

    --
    muniracer - Hell On Wheel

    The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you!!

    http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuq25
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31846

  7. I think that this chart was made before trials, MUni were even
    invented.

    Tommy

    --
    Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

    Tommy Thompson
    Memphis Unicycle Club
    Please vist our web site:
    http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/31846

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.