rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Unicycle Tricks Compared To Skateboarding Tricks

Started by trials2k · · Last activity · 10 posts · 919 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
20 March 2006
Last activity
21 March 2006
Original author
trials2k
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
919
Views / 30 days
6

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. talkin about the sex change in "any artists here" thread got me thinkin,

    there seems to be some relevance with skate tricks and uni tricks, and
    wat tricks compare to what uni tricks!!

    like the uni hop is like an ollie, and i think the crankflip is like a
    kickflip!

    what other tricks do u think r similar to skateboarding tricks?

    for example: 'Crankflip'
    (http://munimanpete.unicyclist.com/streettips.htm#crankflips) ----
    'Kickflip' (http://tinyurl.com/7qdxp)

    no need for links tho :p hehe unless u want them

    --
    trials2k

    One Wheel, One Foot, Why Not !!??😉 **
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47900

  2. Grinding <-> Grinding

    Any skateboard stall <-> Pedal/Crank Grab

    Body Varial <-> Body Varial

    Shove-it* <-> Unispin

    *i'm not completely sure what a shove-it looks like so i'm not sure on
    that one.

    --
    dudewithasock

    'My Unicycling Journal'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44950)
    officially ended.
    😎
    'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
    I am an MRian prophet, follower of 768
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47900

  3. if you havent noticed, shaun names almost all of the unicycle tricks
    after skateboarding tricks. so most of the flipping tricks are also
    skateboarding tricks.

    --
    obscene_suggestions

    I'm going to kill two birds with one gun
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    obscene_suggestions's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11853
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47900

  4. Kickflips are easy crankflips are waaay hard

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    😄 add me at [email hidden]

    "I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
    Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
    -- Mike Fule
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47900

  5. You are right about the shove-it. I want to add
    180 flip = 180 flip
    casper (as a manual) = seat push/drag.
    indy = tire grab
    If we are doing this proper though we should also be using BMX names
    Saran wrap = seat wrap (not sure about the uni name)
    Decade = body varial
    Manual = one foot
    Also, no offense but I would bet this thread has been done a few times
    already.

    --
    koebwil

    "I used to eat erasers in grade school...." James_Potter
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    koebwil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11308
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47900

  6. koebwil said:


    Manual = one foot

    manual = coasting

    --
    onetrack

    "People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
    lines."
    -Klaas Bil
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47900

  7. coating is like 60 billion times harder than doing a manual.

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    😄 add me at [email hidden]

    "I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
    Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
    -- Mike Fule
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47900

  8. You'll like this check it
    Unitrick names - Skatetrick names

    Crankflip - Kickflip
    Backcrank - Heelflip
    Hickflip - Varialflip
    Varialflip - Bigflip
    (Hating it yet)
    Blind Hickflip - Hardflip
    Outbackflip - Varial Healflip
    Sex Change - Sex Change
    Varialbackcrank - Laserflip
    Doubleflip - Doubleflip
    180 flip - Backside flip, or frontside flip
    Treyflip - 360flip
    360flip - 360 kickflip (frontside, or backside)
    Inward smallflip - No name in skateboarding, maybe varialflip sex
    change
    180 backcrank - Backside heelflip, or frontside heelflip
    360 backcrank - 360 heelflip (frontside, or backside)
    Lateflip - Lateflip
    Those are all the ones I care to post, but yeah.

    -Shaun Johanneson

    --
    unifreak7

    FLIP IT... Twice
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unifreak7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47900

  9. thats pretty cool ....tell the truth ive never related uni tricks to
    skate tricks...but it all seems to fit.

    --
    trials_uni

    TRIALS 4 LIFE !

    'Check Out The Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez)

    *JONNY IS MY HERO!*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    trials_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10953
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47900

  10. unifreak7 said:

    You'll like this check it
    Unitrick names - Skatetrick names

    Crankflip - Kickflip
    Backcrank - Heelflip
    Hickflip - Varialflip
    Varialflip - Bigflip
    (Hating it yet)
    Blind Hickflip - Hardflip
    Outbackflip - Varial Healflip
    Sex Change - Sex Change
    Varialbackcrank - Laserflip
    Doubleflip - Doubleflip
    180 flip - Backside flip, or frontside flip
    Treyflip - 360flip
    360flip - 360 kickflip (frontside, or backside)
    Inward smallflip - No name in skateboarding, maybe varialflip sex
    change
    180 backcrank - Backside heelflip, or frontside heelflip
    360 backcrank - 360 heelflip (frontside, or backside)
    Lateflip - Lateflip
    Those are all the ones I care to post, but yeah.

    -Shaun Johanneson

    yeah thats well wild Shaun, its ur tricks that i got to thinking that
    the tricks compare alot to skating tricks and bmx!!

    --
    trials2k

    One Wheel, One Foot, Why Not !!??😉 **
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/47900

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.