Unispins on a Giraffe?

edsbelly

Guest
hey there everyone.

i am thinkin of puttin in with a friend to get a giraffe unicycle.

from what i know, you can't do any tricks on a giraffe, i was wondering
if anyone out there has tried doing unispins on a giraffe?

thanks,

Ed

--
edsbelly

:D keep it wheel:D
:cool: :) edboy :):cool:
edsbelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11164

You can do lots of skills on a giraffe. Some skills on a giraffe are
easier to do than on a standard unicycle while others are more
difficult. You can do a lot more than just ride around forwards on a
giraffe.

There is video of a unispin on a giraffe in my 'Monster gallery'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Monster). Scroll down to The Swedish
Cycle Act video.

Here's some 'giraffe skills from the new proposed levels system'
(http://home.comcast.net/~carol.mclean/Home/tall.htm).

Seat out on a giraffe is more difficult on a giraffe due to physics
(there is some significant lever action going on that you don't have
with a standard unicycle). You have to hold on to the seat really good
cause it will try to rip from your grip.

Other skills are easier on a giraffe cause the wheel is not in the way.
Like cross-over riding (one foot riding with right foot on left pedal)
and uni spins.

Wheel walking on a standard giraffe is not practical but you can wheel
walk on a stack style giraffe (three wheels stacked, no chain).

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

In theory, a unispin might be easier on a giraffe than a regular uni. In
practice, I haven't had the nerve to try it.

Seat in front on a giraffe does require you to hold the seat tightly,
but I haven't found it to be difficult at all. Seat in back is much
more difficult; I'm just starting to get the hang of it. Seat on side
is easier than seat in back, but i have no idea how to ride out of it.

Some other things you can do on a giraffe are:
Ride backward seat in front.
Ride one-footed and backward one-footed.
Spins and pirouettes. (I pirouette better on my giraffe than on my
regular unicycle.)
Hop.
Ride stomach on seat.
Backspins and front spins.
Idling and one-footed idling, with the free foot in various positions.
Climb-up mount.
Rolling mount.
Frog mount. (You set the pedals level, jump as high as you can, and
land sqautting on the pedals with the seat in front. It's scary, but
do-able.)

If you like doing freestyle, a giraffe would probably be fun, but if
you prefer street, trials, or MUni, it will probably get old fast.

--
jsm

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia

"wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*" -chosen
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

chosen wrote:
> i landed my first 540 unispin on a giraffe. i say go for it!

me too, now I'm up to a 720 backcrankflip unispin.

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john lennon

mikael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
*President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*, reply number
'50,000' (http://tinyurl.com/d5pmu) in the most replys thread

mornish wrote:
> wat giraffe do u think I should get if i get a knew one. I have an old
> shwinn my cousin gave me and it sucks. it ways like 30 pounds and is
> sooo diffucult to carry around and ride. thx.
>
> Miles

ill sell you mine real cheap. its beautiful.! pm me if youre interested
or if anyones interested.

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/..._GALLERYSID=8dae63f415125608a6174179fa4f57bf]

--