Usenet change

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
Hi

We've made a slight change to the access of newsgroup sections of the website. Your now required to belong to a special usergroup if you want posting access. To join the group do the following:

1) Make sure your logged into your account

2) Goto you userCP: http://www.cyclingforums.com/usercp.php?

3) In the left menu towards the bottom is an option called Group Memberships click the link.

4) Click the Join Group link on the right of the screen.

Your status as a member of this usergroup has to be approved by me, after that you'll have full posting access. Approval should be completed within 24hrs.

If there's any questions let me know.

cheers

steve said:
Hi

We've made a slight change to the access of newsgroup sections of the website. Your now required to belong to a special usergroup if you want posting access. To join the group do the following:

3) In the left menu towards the bottom is an option called Group Memberships click the link.

Your status as a member of this usergroup has to be approved by me, after that you'll have full posting access. Approval should be completed within 24hrs.

cheers
I note that my user email address has to be consistent with my ISP. That is fine for access from home but my user email address (which is my home email adress) will not be consistent with my work ISP. Does this mean I will not be able to post from work any more?

SteveA

steve said:
Hi

cheers

Does this above then permit me to read posts from sci.med.cardiology? It looks as though they have not been archived since mid-2004.

B'adant

Hi M8

I applied a couple of days ago and still haven't heard. Is this just one of those things, or would I be infoprmed igf my application was succesfull or not
Cheers
Steve

stevemtbsteve said:
Hi M8

I applied a couple of days ago and still haven't heard. Is this just one of those things, or would I be infoprmed igf my application was succesfull or not
Cheers
Steve
Sorry about that, I havent looked at the list of users who needed upgrading for a couple of days. You and the other 17 people waiting should have full access now.

regards,

What happened to the women's forum? Is it gone or do I not have permissions to view the threads? I applied last week.

Txcyn said:
Seems to be very few threads in Women's forum???
Hi

For some reason it was set to only show threads that are less than a day old, i've fixed it now though so you should be able to see all threads.

cheers

Hi,
Can you please advise me on how to delete a question I have placed on a forum group. The question I asked now has no relevance and I would like it to be removed, but can't find how to do this.
Thanks
Toni
steve said:
Hi We've made a slight change to the access of newsgroup sections ofthwebsite. Your now required to belong to a special usergroup if youwantposting access. To join the group do the followi1) Make sure your logged into your account

cheers

coastal said:
Hi,
Can you please advise me on how to delete a question I have placed on a forum group. The question I asked now has no relevance and I would like it to be removed, but can't find how to do this.
Thanks
Toni
Hi Toni

Can you please send me the URL to the post you would like removed?

Keep in mind we can only remove local postings, anything thats been sent to a newsgroup can't be deleted from that newsgroup.

regards

Hi Steve

I applied for usenet access yesterday. You haven't gotten back to me.

Anyway, aside from when I was in college, my ISP and my email have never matched. I feel like it's this way for a lot of people. I'm kinda wondering why these things need to match.

Also, free email systems, most notably Gmail, offer huge advantages over most email services. Why would I not be allowed access to usenet purely because I want a more efficient email experience?\

I'm just curious. You can tell me "none of your business," and I'll just apply again from campus using my alumni email account.

Thanks,

-Cosmo

steve said:
Hi

cheers
Too bad about the change. It makes this website less user friendly. I can't be bothered with the hassle of getting 'approval'. I'll just go elsewhere.

steve said:
Hi

cheers
anychance of getting access to the ausi.bicycle thread???

hi there

i requested to join aus.bicycle a few days ago, and still havent got access.
i hope my application hasnt been rejected, as there are a few threads i would like to contribute to.

cheers