"The Joneses" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
: Rick & Cyndi wrote:
:
: > "Nancree" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:20040211155326.21785.00001929@mb-
: > m14.aol.com...
: > : >the above, served in a dish (no bread and NO parmesan,
: > bleah!), it's
:
: > : A good Parmesan--like Parmigiano Reggiano, shaved with a
: > vetegable peeler is
: > : wonderful on this. Also on salads.
: > : ----------------
: > Yeah, I'm with you. While in the Detroit area 2 weeks ago, we picked up some
very,
: > very yummy Parmigiano Reggiano. Rick (DH) had grated some of
it
: > into something and the next thing we know he forgoes the
grater
: > and starts handing out little chunks of the stuff.... oh my
stars
: > is that some incredible stuff!
:
: This is a great thread. My newest favorite cheese is actually
aged -
: manchego from Spain. Might be nice for people who want a
subtler taste.
: It's a hard cheese but milder than parmesan and not quite so
salty. I
: prefer the deli techs to cut it off the wheel (& trim the
rind - for $8
: a pound I want to use *all* of it!). I tried some manchego
from another
: store all hermetically wrapped in plastic and it was kinda damp
and
: sticky. I'll be out planting the dill this month and lots of basil next
month.
: Edrena
:
------------------------------
Hmmmmmm. I haven't tried manchego... Yet! That sounds delicious! While I LOVE the flavor of
Parmesan, there are times that I'd prefer a little less saltiness. I will definitely be seeking that
out, soon!
Are you starting your dill and basil indoors or are you in a warm enough climate to plant directly
outdoors? I reckon if we'd finally comply to my relatives wishes... we'd already be in Florida and
be planting too. I would love to be down there the end of next month; just in time for the citrus
trees to be in bloom. Man, do I love orange blossoms!!!
--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply