General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Uses of Light Rum

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 6 posts · 291 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
11 August 2005
Last activity
15 August 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
291
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a bottle of light rum waiting to be used for cooking. I've
    tried rum balls, but they require dark rum IMHO.

    I'm not much of a mojito fan, so any good recommendations for use in
    cooking? I'd like to try to stay away from super sweet recipes. Uses
    as part of soups or sauces would be preferable.

    Jesse

  2. Quoted message said:

    I have a bottle of light rum waiting to be used for cooking. [snip[

    May I ask why? I also have a bottle of light rum, but mine is waiting
    to be drunk. Usually with a squeeze of lime juice and a glass of Coca
    Cola. Why do you want to cook with yours? -aem

  3. Quoted message said:

    I have a bottle of light rum waiting to be used for cooking. I've
    tried rum balls, but they require dark rum IMHO.

    I'm not much of a mojito fan, so any good recommendations for use in
    cooking? I'd like to try to stay away from super sweet recipes. Uses
    as part of soups or sauces would be preferable.


    Christmas is just around the corner... spike your eggnog with it and
    make some rumballs.

  4. Quoted message said:

    I have a bottle of light rum waiting to be used for cooking. I've
    tried rum balls, but they require dark rum IMHO.

    I'm not much of a mojito fan, so any good recommendations for use in
    cooking? I'd like to try to stay away from super sweet recipes. Uses
    as part of soups or sauces would be preferable.

    Jesse

    http://www.rumshop.net/recipes.html

    Recipes using rum in desserts, appetizers, main courses.

    Sandi

  5. Drink.

    DRINK.

    D_R_I_N_K.

    *D*R*I*N*K*

    _*D*_*R*_*U*_*N*_*K*_

    I think I just found you when I lost an eye... I... even...

    Shaun aRe
    --
    The use of absolutes is never appropriate.

  6. Thanks all for the suggestions.

    I'm not much of a Coke and rum (or coke and whiskey) drinker. This
    particular hooch is nothing special (Trader Joe's $6.99 variety) and I
    would prefer to cook with it than let it sit. I have a feeling it will
    also be used for egg nog and whipped cream at Christmas time. I'll see
    if I can get through it.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.