USPS Trek 5500

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by Mike, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I take care of landscaping and lawnwork for a bikeshop and I have a
    Trek 5500 that they built up for me in 2001. It is all Dura Ace except
    for the headset and bottom bracket which are Ultegra and they
    explained to me were better sealed than the D.A. bottom bracket and
    headset. This is a 62 cm frame in excellent condition with no dings
    but a couple of the decals have scrapes in them from the wife leaning
    stuff on it in the garage. I have about 3000 miles on the bike and do
    not race. The casette is 12-23 the cranks are Shimano Team Dura ace
    175's with 39-53 rings.
    There are several upgrades on this bike also that I am including.
    1-Flite Gel saddle, 2-Mavic Kryserium wheels and like new Michelin
    Race Pro tires, 3- Complete Shimano integrated wireless Flite Deck
    computer system, 4-Blackburn Pro waterbottle cages, 5- Brand new
    Cinelli bar tape, 6-
    Control Tec stem handlebars and seatpost. There are over $800 in
    upgrades alone I am including. I will have this bike packed up by the
    guys at the shop and shipped to the lower 48 for $1750. I can also
    provide pictures of the bike if you would like to see it. Email me at
    [email protected] Thanks, Mike

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (Mike) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I take care of landscaping and lawnwork for a bikeshop and I have a
    > Trek 5500 that they built up for me in 2001. It is all Dura Ace except
    > for the headset and bottom bracket which are Ultegra.....

    Question Re. Landscaping... did you mention this because you used to
    haul around your gardening and landscaping tools with your 5500??

  3. Corey Green

    Corey Green Guest

    "rniak?away with [email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > [email protected] (Mike) wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I take care of landscaping and lawnwork for a bikeshop and I have a
    > > Trek 5500 that they built up for me in 2001. It is all Dura Ace except
    > > for the headset and bottom bracket which are Ultegra.....

    > Question Re. Landscaping... did you mention this because you used to
    > haul around your gardening and landscaping tools with your 5500??

    I think what he is saying is that he did work for the Bike Shop, they paid
    him a bike - now he is selling it so he can actually make some money on the
    deal.