Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Velocity wheels/rims

Started by MT · · Last activity · 12 posts · 2,521 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
1 March 2005
Last activity
2 March 2005
Original author
MT
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,521
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
    I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
    They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
    (170 lbs approx.)

    Thanks

  2. MT said:

    Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
    I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
    They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
    (170 lbs approx.)

    Yes I agree. Round. Tough. Not light.

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

  3. "MT" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
    I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
    They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for
    me (170 lbs approx.)

    Thanks

    I've had a set of wheels made with Deep V rims and Shimano hubs for over a
    year. Like them a lot - plenty durable so far, and I've bashed them through
    many unnoticed road irregularities. The ones I have are powder-coated
    instead of anodized. No cracking seen around the spoke holes. I'm about 5
    lbs heavier than you. I'd buy them again.

    Cal

  4. MT said:

    Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
    I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
    They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
    (170 lbs approx.)

    Thanks

    Deep V is very stiff and will hold up quite well with your wieght and 100 pounds more if properly built.
    David Ornee - Western Springs, IL

  5. On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 04:12:46 GMT, "MT" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
    I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
    They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
    (170 lbs approx.)

    Thanks

    I weigh ~200 lbs. and have been using the Velocity OC w/o problems. I
    would assume that the Deep V would make good wheels but I don't like
    using long valve tubes and see no reason for the extra rim weight.


  6. Quoted message said:

    I weigh ~200 lbs. and have been using the Velocity OC w/o problems. I
    would assume that the Deep V would make good wheels but I don't like
    using long valve tubes and see no reason for the extra rim weight.

    I have a set on my road bike and now for my bent. I have deep v and arrowhead on
    front on my road bike and deep v match on my bent. I used velocity hubs and they
    work well too. I wanted very durable wheels that don't need much truing.

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
    Custom made wooden planes at reasonable prices
    See http://www.knight-toolworks.com For prices and ordering instructions.

  7. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
    I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
    They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
    (170 lbs approx.)

    I've built a few sets of wheels with velocity rims. They have worked fine
    for me. If built properly, they will work fine for you. They also come
    lots of colors.
    --------------
    Alex

  8. \

    Quoted message said:

    I weigh ~200 lbs. and have been using the Velocity OC w/o problems. I
    would assume that the Deep V would make good wheels but I don't like
    using long valve tubes and see no reason for the extra rim weight.

    a regular stem is just enough and they are only 4oz more. Plus they look cool.

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
    Custom made wooden planes at reasonable prices
    See http://www.knight-toolworks.com For prices and ordering instructions.

  9. Peter Chisholm said:

    [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: ISO-8859-1, 12 lines --]

    Quoted message said:
    MT said:

    Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
    I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
    They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
    (170 lbs approx.)

    Thanks


    We build hundreds of wheels each year with Velocity rims. Aerohead,
    Aero, Fusion, Deep V, Synergy-GREAT rims.

    Quoted message said:

    [-- text/x-vcard, encoding 7bit, charset: utf-8, 9 lines, name: peter.vcf --]

    Try to use ASCII next time.

    Jobst

  10. Quoted message said:
    Peter Chisholm said:

    [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: ISO-8859-1, 12 lines --]

    Quoted message said:
    MT said:

    Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
    I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
    They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
    (170 lbs approx.)

    Thanks


    We build hundreds of wheels each year with Velocity rims. Aerohead,
    Aero, Fusion, Deep V, Synergy-GREAT rims.

    Quoted message said:

    [-- text/x-vcard, encoding 7bit, charset: utf-8, 9 lines, name: peter.vcf --]

    Try to use ASCII next time.

    Jobst

    Dear Jobst,

    First Peter changes.

    Now your signature?

    Are hell's foundations quivering?

    Flustered,

    Carl Fogel

  11. "Peter Chisholm" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:1109771810.4f722fdc79d84975dc718db27d8c0a65@teranews...

    Quoted message said:
    MT said:

    Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
    I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
    They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially


    durable for me

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    (170 lbs approx.)

    Thanks


    We build hundreds of wheels each year with Velocity rims.


    Aerohead,

    Quoted message said:

    Aero, Fusion, Deep V, Synergy-GREAT rims.

    Peter, how has your luck been with mechanical damage to the
    Aeroheads? I have built a few of the Aerohead OCs and have had
    two rims with sidewall dents after less than 500 miles --
    probably something that could be solved with wider tires, but
    still a little surprizing for me. I have not had the same
    problems with Open Pros. Overall, though, the OCs are great rims
    and solve a real problem. -- Jay Beattie.

  12. -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Quoted message said:
    Peter Chisholm said:

    [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: ISO-8859-1, 12 lines --]

    Quoted message said:
    MT said:

    Does anyone have any experience with Velocity rims or wheels?
    I'm thinking of buying a set, specifically the 'Deep V' rims.
    They're not light at all, but seem like they'd be especially durable for me
    (170 lbs approx.)

    Thanks


    We build hundreds of wheels each year with Velocity rims. Aerohead,
    Aero, Fusion, Deep V, Synergy-GREAT rims.

    Quoted message said:

    [-- text/x-vcard, encoding 7bit, charset: utf-8, 9 lines, name: peter.vcf --]

    Try to use ASCII next time.

    - - "text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: ISO-8859-1" is
    ASCII. If you're going to whine about "progress" at least get
    the vintage right. What you want to whine about is the use
    of MIME multi-part encoding. I'm not sure what newsreader you're
    using but even my ancient version of trn groks MIME enough
    to read the plain text part.

    _ Booker C. Bense

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: 2.6.2

    iQCVAwUBQiYqEGTWTAjn5N/lAQEs4QP9EWQI5NfqlGKKUj6xSZMwvG3YD7JO1ZI8
    GaYWmyHg2JK1iVQ/OFeqSlYgdouvqkp5X4JBxN7C3ZJuEAa90koz0yYrp0yFoGvq
    yF2WgI8qBD2PcYCWoLW9wCmY4Skuj90rHS2VZnUyFdDbCOepq0fIuptDruLqd3Tu
    3+MMybFMGU0=
    =gC5X
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.