Velonews: Aldag Did Not Have Ticket For Doomed Flight

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
AldagE3-320x213.jpg
Rolf Aldag was behind the wheel at E3 Harelbeke for Etixx-Quick-Step, despite false reports that he nearly boarded the jet that crashed in the Alps earlier this week. Photo: Andy Hood | VeloNews.com
Former pro Rolf Aldag confirmed to VeloNews that he did not have a ticket to fly on the doomed Germanwings flight from Barcelona to Dusseldorf, Germany, which crashed in the French Alps on Tuesday, killing all 150 people onboard.
Aldag characterized media reports as “ridiculous” that the technical director at Etixx-Quick Step had a ticket for the flight, but did not board.
“I don’t know where these reports have come from. I never had a ticket for that flight. I never planned to fly from Barcelona,” Aldag told VeloNews. “I was never in Spain this week.”
A news story that Aldag had a ticket on the doomed flight went viral over social media, but Aldag just laughed and shook his head when he heard about the story. He said his phone was ringing off the hook the past few days following the unfounded media report.
“Perhaps there was some confusion, because I often do fly to Dusseldorf airport,” Aldag said. “I traveled straight from Italy after Milano-Sanremo to Belgium. I never went to Spain.”
On Friday morning, he was very happy to be safe and sound in Belgium for the start of E3 Harelbeke, and expressed condolences for the victims of the accident.
The post Aldag did not have ticket for doomed flight appeared first on VeloNews.com.

View the full article