Velonews: Boonen Gets Green-light To Return To Training

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
SPTDW2024-320x212.jpg
Tom Boonen is back on the bike after a temporal bone fracture ended his season at the Abu Dhabi Tour in October. Photo: Tim De Waele | TDWsport.com (File).
Belgian classics star Tom Boonen is on the mend after a serious crash in October at the Abu Dhabi Tour, and on Tuesday, he revealed that he’s back on the bike and on track for a full recovery.
“Things are going well after my crash,” the 35-year-old said. “When I came back home from Abu Dhabi I was tired and in pain, but day by day I began feeling better and now everything is heading into the right direction. It’s a difficult fracture, but it’s healing well, even if I can’t compare it with any of the other fractures I’ve had. Still, I’m happy, because a few days ago I have finally returned to training — very intense ones, around three-hour long — followed by a couple of days of rest, as the doctors recommended me not to rush things. It’s really important to listen to my body and do things right before the new season.”
Speaking at a press conference prior to his Boonen and Friends charity cyclocross event, he would not confirm his race program for 2016. Initially, there were concerns that he would not recover in time to ride in his beloved spring classics.
“I can’t wait for the training camp to be underway. I miss the guys, the staff, that great feeling that I have when I’m with the whole team. Denia [Spain] will be perfect to outline my schedule and start focusing on 2016.”
The post Boonen gets green-light to return to training appeared first on VeloNews.com.

View the full article