Velorazzo frames

Kaboom

Oct 31, 2003
I just caught glimpse of a cheap frame in ebay, and it seems like a decent deal, but i have never heard of the name. Anyone know anything about velorazzo frames, especially the Vincitore? any help much appreciated

Kaboom said:
I just caught glimpse of a cheap frame in ebay, and it seems like a decent deal, but i have never heard of the name. Anyone know anything about velorazzo frames, especially the Vincitore? any help much appreciated
got one.. a bit heavy..for a AL (4.lbs) 3.2 being the norm, but if you dont really cheap out and buy good components you ll get back the pound.. Mine weighs 17.92 lbs (velosity Deep V rims with tires & tubes = 5.2 lbs ) and c2 aerobar and look pedals included to boot. very rigid frame.. very fast.

hey, I got the same frame, what kind of forks are available?

where did you get yours?

thanks,

Derek

bikebuilderd said:
hey, I got the same frame, what kind of forks are available?

where did you get yours?

thanks,

Derek
you need a 1 1/8th threadless fork (any) and a cane creek or simular integrated headset.

I am riding this frame and it's great. You can get one at nashbar.com. I am riding it with a manitou super axel fork, monkey XC elite handle, XT components, mavic rims and some fast @55 hookworm 2.5"X26" tires. I love it, and I hit 65-70 kmh everyday on my way home from work. To give you an idea of my riding style I am 5'10" 220 lbs (100 kilos) and I "power" my way up hills. I only use the 44 tooth ring on my xt (but I am about to install a shimano 105 52x42x30 to go faster) and I average over 100 miles a week of "abusive beat my bike to **** I will not shift to a lower gear riding". Oh yeah, I have the 18" frame and I took a pic of my son (18 months old at the time) holding it up. Basically, it's light and it takes abuse and for the price you can't beat it. If you want to know anything else about this frame email me at [email protected]. Hope you have a good ride!!!!!!

notryt said:
you need a 1 1/8th threadless fork (any) and a cane creek or simular integrated headset.
I bought one of these frames and i can't find a head set to fit. do you know the dimenisions of the head set that you are using. Or what head set are you using. any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks

1 1/8th Integrated headsets NOT AHEADSET (cane creek IS or others) can buy them anywhere even on Ebay.. $30-80. use a search engine and just type "integrated headset" you actually need to add some stack spacers inside the top cap to compress the bearing with this frames headtube or else you will get creaking. / I have about 3 or 4 mm of stack spaces under my top cap. No creaking anymore.

notryt said:
1 1/8th Integrated headsets NOT AHEADSET (cane creek IS or others) can buy them anywhere even on Ebay.. $30-80. use a search engine and just type "integrated headset" you actually need to add some stack spacers inside the top cap to compress the bearing with this frames headtube or else you will get creaking. / I have about 3 or 4 mm of stack spaces under my top cap. No creaking anymore.
I am not sure if i understand what you are saying. I am not sure what you mean by stack spacers. Would you please look at http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=93&subcategory=1191&brand=&sku=8737&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=
And let me know if this is what i need for my bike. thank you very much.

poleary said:
I am not sure if i understand what you are saying. I am not sure what you mean by stack spacers. Would you please look at http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=93&subcategory=1191&brand=&sku=8737&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=
And let me know if this is what i need for my bike. thank you very much.

yep thats what you need!!!

Ps they also sell stack spacers.. get some.. if you dont know what your doing get someone who does... if you cut your fork tube too short..youll have to buy a new one. take it to a bikeshop if your unsure.. about $30 to cut and fit.. plus the headset and stack spacers (stack spacers look like washers)