rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Very happy monkey!

Started by semach.the.monkey · · Last activity · 31 posts · 525 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
6 February 2007
Last activity
14 February 2007
Original author
semach.the.monkey
Posts
31
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
525
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–31 of 31
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Oh yeah, that nimbus is so sexy. Too bad here in Canada we have to pay
    deadly duties to get *ANYTHING* across the border. When I go down to
    the US I will order meself one of those. God they*'re* (almost catched
    me there maestro8 🙂 )F* Niccccceee. Congratulations!

    --
    Danni

    leo said:

    Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

    '*Ha Ha haaaaa*' (

    )'!'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54347)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Danni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12990
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57563

  2. Danni said:

    Oh yeah, that nimbus is so sexy. Too bad here in Canada we have to pay
    deadly duties to get *ANYTHING* across the border. When I go down to
    the US I will order meself one of those. God they*'re* (almost catched
    me there maestro8 🙂 )F* Niccccceee. Congratulations!

    i believe it would be caught 😄

    --
    Chris.James

    "Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
    riding!" ~Me

    "Darwin was once of the greatest minds of our time!
    Then why is he making out with Satan?" ~The Simpsons
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57563

  3. I'd be interested to hear how Monkey is getting on with his new toy?

    --
    daveyearp
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    daveyearp's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13663
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57563

  4. Your an ape not a monkey! 🙄

    --
    thejdw

    dunawan said:

    why are koxx one unicycles so costly???

    forrestunifreak said:

    They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57563

  5. daveyearp said:

    I'd be interested to hear how Monkey is getting on with his new toy?

    Well, sadly Monkey hasn't had much play time recently. The day after I
    got it I did take it out for a quick 12 mile trip. I was very hesitant
    about it, and planned to take it easy and dismount at all major
    junctions or at any time I wasn't 100% confident. So the 6 miles out
    was done with only 1 dismount* and the 6 miles back again was
    dismountless. I only timed the route back, but even though I took
    things slowly, it was still 3 minutes quicker than I'd ever managed on
    my 29"

    That was the only trip I've been out on it, and this week I'm back in
    London commuting on my 29er again. I want to get a few more miles
    under my belt on the bigger wheel before I take it in to rush hour
    traffic. Maybe next week if I get chance to take it out on the
    weekend.

    My initial thoughts though are that it's great. It's like a gentle
    giant! Very easy to ride, very fast, and it takes the lumps and bumps
    in the road with ease. I've never use the saddle handle on my 29er
    much, so was in two minds about getting the T7 handle with this...
    however, within minutes of setting off my hands just seemed to fall
    there, and they stayed there for most of the journey. Well worth the
    extra bit of cash.

    STM

    * One of those cycle paths which lures you in, then leaves you stranded
    at a junction where the road has priority, even though you could have
    safely stayed on the road and gone strait through the junction. Grrrr
    🙁

    --
    semach.the.monkey
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    semach.the.monkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12078
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57563

  6. Sounds like it is going to be fun! ... I've been pondering about my next
    move up in size from a 24" ...not sure whether to go for a 29..29
    geared or 36, however now think that I may try the same 36" as you
    have.

    Will be interested to hear your comments in the future.

    Thanks Davey

    --
    daveyearp
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    daveyearp's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13663
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57563

  7. daveyearp said:

    Sounds like it is going to be fun! ... I've been pondering about my next
    move up in size from a 24" ...not sure whether to go for a 29..29
    geared or 36, however now think that I may try the same 36" as you
    have.

    Will be interested to hear your comments in the future.

    Thanks Davey

    Well, I've gone up from a 20" to 26" to 29" so I guess the 36" was
    going to happen sooner or later. I've spent a year on the 29 in
    Central London, as well as many many miles on longer trips (up to 43
    miles one day), so I think I've served my apprenticeship and earned the
    bigger wheel.

    I guess it depends what kind of riding you are expecting to do, but for
    the cost if it, maybe an intermediate 29 might be a good idea.

    I'll keep you all updated with my progress on the 36er though.

    STM

    --
    semach.the.monkey
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    semach.the.monkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12078
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57563

  8. im savin up for one of those

    --
    skianduniaddict

    unifreak7 said:

    IT makes me mad how skianduniaddict is so much better than me at
    street.
    -Shaun JOhanneson

    unifreak7 said:

    skianduniaddict kicks my ass at street
    -Shaun JOhanneson


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57563

  9. I’m contemplating commuting when it gets light enough .. about 8 miles
    to work, and just increasing distance ridden at weekends etc. What is
    your 29” setup ?

    --
    daveyearp
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    daveyearp's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13663
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57563

  10. Although not the monkey in question my 8 mile ride to work takes 1
    hour.
    This is 90% offroad. Standard KH29 with 150 cranks.

    --
    norry

    london uk uni meet 06 [ 'video '
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54700) ]
    my lastest video [ 'quarry muni'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51406) ]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    norry's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6901
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57563

  11. daveyearp said:

    I’m contemplating commuting when it gets light enough .. about 8 miles
    to work, and just increasing distance ridden at weekends etc. What is
    your 29” setup ?

    Light, dark, rain, sun, snow... I'm one of those mad buggers that rides
    in nearly every day 😎

    Well, the 29er is UDC gel saddle, Nimbus frame, 2" Big Apple tyre, Sun
    rim, 110mm square taper steel cranks and DK Iron Cross pedals. (plus
    other assorted bits inbetween). In the last 12 months it's been
    faultless.

    It's an 8 mile each way journey from East London in to Central London
    which typically takes 45- 50 mins. When I first started I'd get the
    underground in for the first 4 miles, which was great for gradually
    building up to the current mileage (80miles/week max, 56-60 miles
    average).

    STM

    --
    semach.the.monkey
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    semach.the.monkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12078
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/57563

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.