Vintage Campagnolo parts

chipbagjohn

Sep 15, 2013
I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a road bike equipped with a vintage Campagnolo Mirage group set. My problem is that the right brake/shifter is broken, it's the plastic housing that has broken. Does anyone know where I can get vintage parts, I'm not entirely sure of what year the group set is, I'm guessing it is around circa 1996/7 it's the 9 speed shifters. I'm in MA, USA Thanks in advance

Quote: Originally Posted by oldbobcat .
Are these what you're looking for? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Campagnolo-Record-9-Shifters-Power-Cycling-Speed-Alloy-Campy-Ergo-Road-Bike-/111165009147?pt=US_Shifters&hash=item19e1f36cfb

9-speed Ergopower is hardly vintage, but it's been out of production a long time. Ebay is probably your best source for older components. These are repairable, too, so you could ask your local shops for a second opinion.

Ummm ...

The seller of his Record 9-speed shifters must think his shifters are a collector's item ...

Unless they were used by Pantani & he has the provenance, then for the price he ought to be including the front & rear derailleurs, too.

The 9-speed V2 (in HUDZ nomenclature) Record shifters were quickly superseded with 10-speed shifters/etc. in all but the least expensive Campagnolo component lines

Supposedly, V1 & V2 9-speed shifters are not interchangeable ... I do NOT know if that is true, or not

Regardless, I think that the OP is looking for a replacement for the V1 version of the shifter whose hoods have pointy horns ...

• I do NOT know about replacement lever bodies (regardless, unless it went through a wood chipper then it CAN be repaired, BTW)
  • I think that a usable SET of non-Record/Chorus V1 9-speed shifters will probably cost under $100

Quote: Originally Posted by alfeng .

Ummm ...

The seller of his Record 9-speed shifters must think his shifters are a collector's item ...

I didn't even look at the price. Thanks for checking.