I am hoping to visit the unicycle.com store in Marietta GA this summer. Has anyone been there before? Do you have any tips for a first-time visitor? I was wondering what kinds of unicycles they have for trying out, and how many.
I'm most interested in the KH 24 but I wanted to ride as much as possible.
I go there about once a month. They are located about 2 minutes from where I graduated highschool. They have a lot of uni's to try out in the front of the "store". It isn't a store in the conventional sense. It has a small, and I mean small retail display area. The majority is warehouse. I assume most visitors are allowed into the warehouse area, where there is another couple thousand unicycles stored.
They have a large parking area in the front and back of the building and pretty much let you ride anything on display. The first time I rode a KH24 was the one they have on display. I then placed my order and waited a couple of months for the container to come in with my uni in it.
Why are you coming to Marietta? Friends, Family ? If you want to ride with some others let us know dates and time availability and we will try to get something together.
I'm overdue for a second visit. On my first visit, Unicycle.com was a computer upstairs, a boxing and assembly area in the garage, and a lot of stuff taking up half the basement. Product photos were taken in the front and back yards. That was May 1999. They've come a long way, baby!
-- johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge
John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" www.unicycling.com
"I should be wearing a helmet here -- so should you." -- George Peck, who prefers not to wear one, in the 1991 video Rough Terrain Unicycling ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832 View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32318
*I'm overdue for a second visit. On my first visit, Unicycle.com was a computer upstairs, a boxing and assembly area in the garage, and a lot of stuff taking up half the basement. Product photos were taken in the front and back yards. That was May 1999. They've come a long way, baby! *
That inspired me to take a little look into the past.
"...I speculated that if we all got to know each other, one lawn mower would be enough for any neighborhood." -Keith Cash ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892 View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32318
"...I speculated that if we all got to know each other, one lawn mower would be enough for any neighborhood." -Keith Cash ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892 View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32318
Man that is a big change in the look of their site! I am going to have to give John a hard time. Wait... maybe not since mine looks the same as it did in 2000!🙁 :o Well my prices have changed.😄
Why are you coming to Marietta? Friends, Family ? If you want to ride with some others let us know dates and time availability and we will try to get something together. [/B]
I wish I had time to take you up on your idea of getting together. Unfortunately, I'm just passing through from Florida to Indiana with only a little time to stop off and look at uni's. Great idea, though!
Thanks for your description of unicycle.com's environment.
Remember, the business started out at www.unicyclesource.com. Point your Wayback Machine there: http://tinyurl.com/3faa7
Then wait for that huge (filesize) animated gif to load!
-- johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge
John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" www.unicycling.com
"We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." -- John F. Kennedy, 1961 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832 View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32318
John and Amy are two of the coolest people you will ever meet. Go there. Listen to Chad. Take some more time if you can. Organize a ride of some kind with the locals. Local groups always have unicycles they can loan. Chad is a cool guy, too.
-- harper - Statuesque
-Greg Harper
B L U E S H I F T
"Stoke your own thread as much as you see fit, no problem." - Klaas Bil