General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Vitamins and where to get them

Started by drhowarddrfinedrhoward · · Last activity · 11 posts · 479 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
18 July 2004
Last activity
30 July 2004
Original author
drhowarddrfinedrhoward
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
479
Views / 30 days
8

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I haven't seen any recent posts about quality of vitamins/minerals. Am I
    safe getting them from Vitamin Shoppe and iherb.com? Are there any brands
    to avoid or go for?

  2. I guess I should avoid any brand you recommend then, eh?

  3. Now that I've looked into it again, I guess my question really relates to
    brands rather than who to buy from. About five years ago, someone posted
    that Vitamin Shoppe brand is not very good. Is that still true? Their
    prices are good but if you pay a little more you can get TwinLabs which
    seems to be one of the best.

    Any other ideas?

  4. "drhowarddrfinedrhoward" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I haven't seen any recent posts about quality of vitamins/minerals. Am I
    safe getting them from Vitamin Shoppe and iherb.com? Are there any brands
    to avoid or go for?

    I think the 'rule of thumb' is this: avoid any brands that get a spamming
    piece of [censored] like you to advertise them in a newsgroup.

    Got that? Good.

    Now go kill yourself, spammer.

    P.

  5. "drhowarddrfinedrhoward" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I guess I should avoid any brand you recommend then, eh?

    You are a spamming piece of [censored]. [censored] off and die, net-turd.

    P.

  6. "drhowarddrfinedrhoward" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I haven't seen any recent posts about quality of vitamins/minerals. Am I
    safe getting them from Vitamin Shoppe and iherb.com? Are there any brands
    to avoid or go for?

    The problem with vitamins and herbs is that their quality is not ensured by
    the FDA like the quality of other drugs. For vitamins, you are just as well
    off going to Target, Rite Aid or your local supermarket. The prices are
    cheaper and the quality is just as good.

    Jeff

  7. "Philippic" <jhdudfgdcfgid·@1cddfgjsbcfcak.com> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "drhowarddrfinedrhoward" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I guess I should avoid any brand you recommend then, eh?

    You are a spamming piece of [censored]. [censored] off and die, net-turd.

    P.

    This a mature a comment.

    Jeff

  8. How do you know? consumerlabs.com says some have less than 30% of the
    material they claim to have and others even have none. True, most are fine
    but, sometimes, as many as 1/3 fail their test.

  9. "drhowarddrfinedrhoward" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    How do you know? consumerlabs.com says some have less than 30% of the
    material they claim to have and others even have none. True, most are


    fine

    Quoted message said:

    but, sometimes, as many as 1/3 fail their test.

    Are your odds better or worse at stores like Target or Rite Aid?\

    Jeff

  10. Don't know. That's what I'm trying to find out. Kirkland at Costco is
    supposed to be good.

  11. That's what I take. The "Performance Premium" Kirkland brand. 5
    cents/pill/daily.

    -Chad

    "drhowarddrfinedrhoward" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Don't know. That's what I'm trying to find out. Kirkland at Costco is
    supposed to be good.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.