Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

WA state 40k TT - the aftermath

Started by byron27 · · Last activity · 6 posts · 686 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
13 March 2006
Last activity
14 March 2006
Original author
byron27
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
686
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Here are the results:

    atta.asn.au40ch 06.html

    Happy with my result. Just did under the hour, which on that course i am very happy about (for the record the course is actually 40.6km).

    Def and gumby also completed their maiden voyages on the rough roads of Hopelands and seemed to come out of the experience with a relatively positive outlook, which is great as this course can really mess with your head.

    Eddie blew everyone apart as per normal, but what i was really stoked about was that i matched him for fastest time from the turnaround (24k mark) to the finish!

    Now if i can only get my head around that first section i reckon sub 58 is on the cards.....

  2. byron27 said:

    Here are the results:

    http://www.atta.asn.au/results/results2_6k/40ch_06.html

    Happy with my result. Just did under the hour, which on that course i
    am very happy about (for the record the course is actually 40.6km).


    Well done and matching Eddy on the home stretch is pretty impressive.

    Quoted message said:


    Def and gumby also completed their maiden voyages on the rough roads of
    Hopelands and seemed to come out of the experience with a relatively
    positive outlook, which is great as this course can really mess with
    your head.


    As usual, one looks back at TTs with more fondness than towards them.
    I was pretty happy with my ride although I've got to learn to pace
    myself over the distance. I rode 1:19 inside my standard time. I
    was byron27's minute man and he got me after about 14 minutes, I was
    hoping to hold him off for 10 so there was one goal achieved! I got
    my minute man after about 22km (he was in view for bloody ages!) only
    to have him go past me on the return leg. I really faded on the
    return leg. I was 17 seconds up on Lorraine Schutz at the turn around
    but ended up coming in 52 seconds down in the end. At around the 30km
    mark, I was really struggling to get the HR up. I agree with the
    course messing with your head, very difficult to get a rhythm with
    the road surface and also the slight undulations. The wind was tricky
    as well - my speed was up and down quite a bit on the return leg. I
    came 55th out of 150 finishers, there's no-one above me who was slower
    than me on the return leg but plenty below me who were faster, if you
    see what I mean. My target was 1:05 but I missed out by 11 seconds.

    I was happy to do a better time than other B-grade (and an A-Grade)
    vets riders. Still can't get comfortable on the tri-bars though.

    Quoted message said:


    Eddie blew everyone apart as per normal, but what i was really stoked
    about was that i matched him for fastest time from the turnaround (24k
    mark) to the finish!


    Well done!

    Quoted message said:


    Now if i can only get my head around that first section i reckon sub 58
    is on the cards.....

    The wind was hard on the first section (down Hopelands Rd) and mentally
    it is hard to push hard on a straight, rough, undulating road.

    Next TT is Bibra Lake and then at least the Wandi 20km in May.

    DeF.

    --
    e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
    To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

  3. byron27 said:

    Here are the results:

    atta.asn.au40ch 06.html

    Happy with my result. Just did under the hour, which on that course i am very happy about (for the record the course is actually 40.6km).

    Def and gumby also completed their maiden voyages on the rough roads of Hopelands and seemed to come out of the experience with a relatively positive outlook, which is great as this course can really mess with your head.

    Eddie blew everyone apart as per normal, but what i was really stoked about was that i matched him for fastest time from the turnaround (24k mark) to the finish!

    Now if i can only get my head around that first section i reckon sub 58 is on the cards.....

    Well done

    SteveA

  4. Young Byron broke the hour!
    DeF broke 66min!
    Gumby broke 70 as well as several sphincters!

    <space>

    I was too wacked after the event to say too much but when I checked the
    stop watch at sixty minutes and realised I had six kays to go...respect
    to Byron27. That was a good ride into that southerly, for that final
    time and average speed of 40.3!

    TT'ing is about the mental and headwinds just do me in even more than
    hills. Whatever I tried to do going south, the wind, the terrain, the
    treeline, the road surface, just seemed to be against me, but it was
    against every rider. Turning the 180 degrees at Lakes Rd was the best
    feeling. I rode down the middle of the road, aware of following
    traffic, because it was smoother. Managed the 16kays home in 22minutes.
    Very happy my 9 minute man crossed the line after me and the 'poon
    was kept in abeyance. I was passed by my 3 and 4 minutemen on the
    outward leg, who finished 6th and 8th outright respectively, and just
    seemed to keep riding away. Very demoralising though I did try and keep
    them in sight.

    Getting off the bike I was sore, but not as sore as last week at Wandi.
    I was able to operate heavy machinery, think, converse, and try to be
    human. Finishing the ride I felt pins and needle through my legs despite
    spinning, not comfortable. Walking like a penguin. Wak wak. Linux.

    I have to say that ATTA do put on a great event. It is safe, well
    organised and after a year I am starting to comprehend the madness that
    is time trialling and time triallists.
    Steven

    byron27 said:

    Here are the results:

    http://www.atta.asn.au/results/results2_6k/40ch_06.html

    Happy with my result. Just did under the hour, which on that course i
    am very happy about (for the record the course is actually 40.6km).

    Def and gumby also completed their maiden voyages on the rough roads of
    Hopelands and seemed to come out of the experience with a relatively
    positive outlook, which is great as this course can really mess with
    your head.

    Eddie blew everyone apart as per normal, but what i was really stoked
    about was that i matched him for fastest time from the turnaround (24k
    mark) to the finish!

    Now if i can only get my head around that first section i reckon sub 58
    is on the cards.....

  5. byron27 said:

    Here are the results:

    http://www.atta.asn.au/results/results2_6k/40ch_06.html

    Happy with my result. Just did under the hour, which on that course i
    am very happy about (for the record the course is actually 40.6km).

    Def and gumby also completed their maiden voyages on the rough roads of
    Hopelands and seemed to come out of the experience with a relatively
    positive outlook, which is great as this course can really mess with
    your head.

    Eddie blew everyone apart as per normal, but what i was really stoked
    about was that i matched him for fastest time from the turnaround (24k
    mark) to the finish!

    How did a bloke on his own beat a tandem?! Wow ...

    Quoted message said:

    Now if i can only get my head around that first section i reckon sub 58
    is on the cards.....

    Maybe look at your equipment too? How well set up is it for TT work?
    Maybe get some coach to write a program for you that's designed to up
    your TT speed? I heard you were preparing for a RR, not an ITT, and
    that this was a training ride 🙂

    Top effort!

  6. Bleve said:


    Maybe look at your equipment too? How well set up is it for TT work?
    Maybe get some coach to write a program for you that's designed to up
    your TT speed? I heard you were preparing for a RR, not an ITT, and
    that this was a training ride 🙂

    Top effort!


    Ha!, yes coach!

    Im using tribars and do the old raise the seat 1cm and push it forward another 1cm. So not too much research goes into my position. When it comes down to it it was a training ride but i must foster my competitive side every so often...:p

    Maybe we can look into my position in May? No TT's for me now until i go away anyhow.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.