Wanted: Celeste (Bianchi green) brake hoods and cable housing

lahlypop

New Member
May 26, 2004
Hi All, I'm trying to spruce up my 1989 Bianchi and would really love to have the original color of cable housing and brake hoods. These turn out to be not so easy to find but I'm hoping someone may have some stuff kicking around in a garage or back of a shop or something? If anyone has these items to sell please let me know, or if you have some idea of where else I might look I'd love to get that info too. The brakes are modolo, internal cables by the way. I'd be willing to buy other brakes for the right coloured hoods though, I'm quite committed to the idea of keeping the color original and the brakes aren't that great.

Lori

Hi Lori, You make no mention of what color cable housings,
and Brake Hoods you are trying to replace? If you can be
more descriptive, someone here might be able to point you in
the right direction. Also, pose this question to the Rec
bicycles Tech group.

If you're looking for Celeste Green Cable housings, I
myself have no idea who carries these. Brandford Bike
carries high quality LeTour Cables, and Housings in a slew
of colors (Yellow White Blue Black Silver) but no Celeste
Green. Even Bianchi USA does not show these. Bar Tape Yes,
but Cables, no.

Could you get away with just replacing the Cables
themselves, and not the housings? Or are these shot too?

As far as Modolo Parts/Brake Lever Hoods, one place to check
might be Ebay. Do a search online, and you may find someone
who carries what you seek. Hope this helps you, Mark
(Bianchi Owner)

lahlypop <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi All, I'm trying to spruce up my 1989 Bianchi and
> would really love to have the original color of cable
> housing and brake hoods. These turn out to be not so
> easy to find but I'm hoping someone may have some stuff
> kicking around in a garage or back of a shop or
> something? If anyone has these items to sell please let
> me know, or if you have some idea of where else I might
> look I'd love to get that info too. The brakes are
> modolo, internal cables by the way. I'd be willing to
> buy other brakes for the right coloured hoods though,
> I'm quite committed to the idea of keeping the color
> original and the brakes aren't that great.
>
> Lori
>

> --

Sorry Lori, I do see you mention Celeste Green Parts in
your header.

If the Cable housings are not damaged in any way,
perhaps the oustide can be cleaned with Simple Green,
and Amour All'd.

Then replace inside cables with a good quality
replacement, and thoroughly lube all cables before
installation into the Housings.

I understand your desire to keep your beloved Bianchi
looking original, with original parts. On Rare occasion,
these parts you seek also may pop up on Ebay. If your
Brakes are that bad, by all means, replace them with good
cables/housings, regardless of color for now (White or
Black does not look bad), and keep an eye open on ebay for
what you need.

Again, I hope this helps you, Mark

lahlypop <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi All, I'm trying to spruce up my 1989 Bianchi and
> would really love to have the original color of cable
> housing and brake hoods. These turn out to be not so
> easy to find but I'm hoping someone may have some stuff
> kicking around in a garage or back of a shop or
> something? If anyone has these items to sell please let
> me know, or if you have some idea of where else I might
> look I'd love to get that info too. The brakes are
> modolo, internal cables by the way. I'd be willing to
> buy other brakes for the right coloured hoods though,
> I'm quite committed to the idea of keeping the color
> original and the brakes aren't that great.
>
> Lori
>

> --

I know you did not mention it but I know someone who has
some Celeste Look pedals that he would part with if you
want them.

David

lahlypop wrote:

> Hi All, I'm trying to spruce up my 1989 Bianchi and
> would really love to have the original color of cable
> housing and brake hoods. These turn out to be not so
> easy to find but I'm hoping someone may have some stuff
> kicking around in a garage or back of a shop or
> something? If anyone has these items to sell please let
> me know, or if you have some idea of where else I might
> look I'd love to get that info too. The brakes are
> modolo, internal cables by the way. I'd be willing to
> buy other brakes for the right coloured hoods though,
> I'm quite committed to the idea of keeping the color
> original and the brakes aren't that great.
>
> Lori
>

> --

Hi Lori, I too, also have a brand new pair of Look Celeste
Green Pedals that came off my brand new 2000 Bianchi if your
interested. I myself dislike clipless pedals, and when I
bought my Bianchi, I immediately installed a pair of NOS
Campagnolo Superleggeri Cage pedals. Inquire at
[email protected] if possibly interested. Best of luck
finding what you need Lori, Mark