Wanted: Celeste (Bianchi green) brake hoods and cable housing

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by lahlypop, May 26, 2004.

  1. lahlypop

    lahlypop New Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2004
    Hi All, I'm trying to spruce up my 1989 Bianchi and would really love to have the original color of cable housing and brake hoods. These turn out to be not so easy to find but I'm hoping someone may have some stuff kicking around in a garage or back of a shop or something? If anyone has these items to sell please let me know, or if you have some idea of where else I might look I'd love to get that info too. The brakes are modolo, internal cables by the way. I'd be willing to buy other brakes for the right coloured hoods though, I'm quite committed to the idea of keeping the color original and the brakes aren't that great.

    Lori

    Tags:

  2. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Hi Lori, You make no mention of what color cable housings,
    and Brake Hoods you are trying to replace? If you can be
    more descriptive, someone here might be able to point you in
    the right direction. Also, pose this question to the Rec
    bicycles Tech group.

    If you're looking for Celeste Green Cable housings, I
    myself have no idea who carries these. Brandford Bike
    carries high quality LeTour Cables, and Housings in a slew
    of colors (Yellow White Blue Black Silver) but no Celeste
    Green. Even Bianchi USA does not show these. Bar Tape Yes,
    but Cables, no.

    Could you get away with just replacing the Cables
    themselves, and not the housings? Or are these shot too?

    As far as Modolo Parts/Brake Lever Hoods, one place to check
    might be Ebay. Do a search online, and you may find someone
    who carries what you seek. Hope this helps you, Mark
    (Bianchi Owner)

    lahlypop <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi All, I'm trying to spruce up my 1989 Bianchi and
    > would really love to have the original color of cable
    > housing and brake hoods. These turn out to be not so
    > easy to find but I'm hoping someone may have some stuff
    > kicking around in a garage or back of a shop or
    > something? If anyone has these items to sell please let
    > me know, or if you have some idea of where else I might
    > look I'd love to get that info too. The brakes are
    > modolo, internal cables by the way. I'd be willing to
    > buy other brakes for the right coloured hoods though,
    > I'm quite committed to the idea of keeping the color
    > original and the brakes aren't that great.
    >
    > Lori
    >

    > --

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Sorry Lori, I do see you mention Celeste Green Parts in
    your header.

    If the Cable housings are not damaged in any way,
    perhaps the oustide can be cleaned with Simple Green,
    and Amour All'd.

    Then replace inside cables with a good quality
    replacement, and thoroughly lube all cables before
    installation into the Housings.

    I understand your desire to keep your beloved Bianchi
    looking original, with original parts. On Rare occasion,
    these parts you seek also may pop up on Ebay. If your
    Brakes are that bad, by all means, replace them with good
    cables/housings, regardless of color for now (White or
    Black does not look bad), and keep an eye open on ebay for
    what you need.

    Again, I hope this helps you, Mark

    lahlypop <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi All, I'm trying to spruce up my 1989 Bianchi and
    > would really love to have the original color of cable
    > housing and brake hoods. These turn out to be not so
    > easy to find but I'm hoping someone may have some stuff
    > kicking around in a garage or back of a shop or
    > something? If anyone has these items to sell please let
    > me know, or if you have some idea of where else I might
    > look I'd love to get that info too. The brakes are
    > modolo, internal cables by the way. I'd be willing to
    > buy other brakes for the right coloured hoods though,
    > I'm quite committed to the idea of keeping the color
    > original and the brakes aren't that great.
    >
    > Lori
    >

    > --

  4. David White

    David White Guest

    I know you did not mention it but I know someone who has
    some Celeste Look pedals that he would part with if you
    want them.

    David

    lahlypop wrote:

    > Hi All, I'm trying to spruce up my 1989 Bianchi and
    > would really love to have the original color of cable
    > housing and brake hoods. These turn out to be not so
    > easy to find but I'm hoping someone may have some stuff
    > kicking around in a garage or back of a shop or
    > something? If anyone has these items to sell please let
    > me know, or if you have some idea of where else I might
    > look I'd love to get that info too. The brakes are
    > modolo, internal cables by the way. I'd be willing to
    > buy other brakes for the right coloured hoods though,
    > I'm quite committed to the idea of keeping the color
    > original and the brakes aren't that great.
    >
    > Lori
    >

    > --

  5. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Hi Lori, I too, also have a brand new pair of Look Celeste
    Green Pedals that came off my brand new 2000 Bianchi if your
    interested. I myself dislike clipless pedals, and when I
    bought my Bianchi, I immediately installed a pair of NOS
    Campagnolo Superleggeri Cage pedals. Inquire at
    [email protected] if possibly interested. Best of luck
    finding what you need Lori, Mark

    news:<[email protected]_s01>...