UK and Europe · Public discussion

Wanted: Original Chopper brake cables

Started by Pete Biggs · · Last activity · 9 posts · 283 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
5 June 2004
Last activity
6 June 2004
Original author
Pete Biggs
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
283
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. You might remember I recently had a Chopper gear cable to sell (that I got
    from a mixed lot). Well, the buyer would now like some brake cables. I've
    got none, so as a favour, I'm trying to tack some down for him.

    He asks:

    Quoted message said:

    I am really desperate for original black ribbed front & rear brake
    cables.

    Anyone got some or know where to get them?

    Please email p[at]biggs[dot]tc

    cheers
    ~PB

  2. Pete Biggs said:

    You might remember I recently had a Chopper gear cable to sell (that I got
    from a mixed lot). Well, the buyer would now like some brake cables. I've
    got none, so as a favour, I'm trying to tack some down for him.

    He asks:

    Quoted message said:

    I am really desperate for original black ribbed front & rear brake
    cables.

    Anyone got some or know where to get them?

    Please email p[at]biggs[dot]tc

    cheers
    ~PB

    http://www.choppertrader.com/parts.htm seems to have them in stock. The
    fronts are £12.50 and the rear £70 though!

    Tony

  3. Soup popped his head over the parapet,saw what was going on and said

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.choppertrader.com/parts.htm seems to have them in stock.
    The fronts are £12.50 and the rear £70 though!

    Tony

    S/he/it 's got to make a living etc., but for what was a not very good
    bike in the first place those prices seem a tad ridiculous; £26:00
    for a pair of nuts, £70 for a brake cable ... .
    Ho hum that's maybe what passes for reasonable in the
    aficionado's world.

    --
    Yours S. addy not usable (not that you would try it) ( )
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! / \
    www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php

  4. Pete Biggs said:

    You might remember I recently had a Chopper gear cable to sell (that I got
    from a mixed lot). Well, the buyer would now like some brake cables. I've
    got none, so as a favour, I'm trying to tack some down for him.

    He asks:

    Quoted message said:

    I am really desperate for original black ribbed front & rear brake
    cables.

    Doesn't anyone else make ribbed brake cables?

  5. In article <[email hidden]>, Tony Raven

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.choppertrader.com/parts.htm seems to have them in stock.
    The fronts are £12.50 and the rear £70 though!

    omg - I must be a theoretical millionaire:-))

    --
    A T (Sandy) Morton
    on the Bicycle Island
    In the Global Village
    http://www.millport.net

  6. In article <40c1fd47.0@entanet>,

    Zog The Undeniable said:

    Doesn't anyone else make ribbed brake cables?

    I think that I have ribbed outers in black, red or yellow but I'll
    need to check - I've got three drawers of odd outers.

    --
    A T (Sandy) Morton
    on the Bicycle Island
    In the Global Village
    http://www.millport.net

  7. Sandy Morton said:

    In article <40c1fd47.0@entanet>,

    Zog The Undeniable said:

    Doesn't anyone else make ribbed brake cables?

    I think that I have ribbed outers in black, red or yellow but I'll
    need to check - I've got three drawers of odd outers.

    ....and the price now is? ;-)

    Tony

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Tony Raven said:
    Quoted message said:

    I think that I have ribbed outers in black, red or yellow but I'll
    need to check - I've got three drawers of odd outers.

    Quoted message said:

    ...and the price now is? ;-)

    I'll have to have a serious rethink on the price - £2-00 rings a bell
    but I would have to add postage.

    --
    A T (Sandy) Morton
    on the Bicycle Island
    In the Global Village
    http://www.millport.net

  9. Sandy Morton <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    I'll have to have a serious rethink on the price - œ2-00 rings a bell
    but I would have to add postage.

    That'll be per centimetre of course :-)

    Graeme

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.