Simon Mason said:"mb" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:Quoted message said:
Hmm. When you get a puncture in the rain and dark after buying cheapo
tyres, do you think "Ah well, at least I've saved a few quid"?
It may surprise you to learn that expensive tyres get punctured as well.It is no surprise. The worst tyres I have had were Conti GP4000s at 30 odd
quid a pair. Wore out in no time at all.
Now that is odd. The best tyres I have had are Conti GP4000s at £25
were expensive but can now be got for £18. These tyres are still on my
summer bike despite having ridden a whole season on them under a two
punctures and they are changed rule.
When I went to replace them at the beginning of this summer there was so
little wear I swapped the front and rear tyres and am still riding them.
They have now done over 6000 miles.
I do check once a week for anything that is stuck in them, but I do that
with all tyres.
What is more the handling on the bike I perceive as being much better.
Good enough that when the rider in front of me went down on a left hand
bend in the rain recently I was able to avoid him, his bike and the tarmac.
Meanwhile my winter bike has not faired so well on it's Continental
gator skins. It now has GP4000s.
--chris