rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion

Wanted - Tour du Whidbey Route Map

Started by David White · · Last activity · 6 posts · 637 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides
Published
24 September 2007
Last activity
19 October 2007
Original author
David White
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
637
Views / 30 days
6

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just moved to Whidbey Island, wanted to sign-up for and do this ride
    last weekend but could not due to schedule conflicts. I want a copy of
    the route map(s) so I can learn some bike routes on the island. If you
    have the ability to scan/copy this and email it, it would be
    appreciated. Thanks.

  2. "David White" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I just moved to Whidbey Island, wanted to sign-up for and do this ride last
    weekend but could not due to schedule conflicts. I want a copy of the route
    map(s) so I can learn some bike routes on the island. If you have the
    ability to scan/copy this and email it, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Have you tried contacting the organizing club?

    http://www.seattlebiketours.org/index.html

  3. "Frank Drackman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "David White" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I just moved to Whidbey Island, wanted to sign-up for and do this ride
    last weekend but could not due to schedule conflicts. I want a copy of the
    route map(s) so I can learn some bike routes on the island. If you have
    the ability to scan/copy this and email it, it would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

    Have you tried contacting the organizing club?

    http://www.seattlebiketours.org/index.html

    I just looked at their site. The have maps/que sheets for Whidbey.

    http://www.seattlebiketours.org/members/maps/islands.html

  4. David White said:

    I just moved to Whidbey Island, wanted to sign-up for and do this ride
    last weekend but could not due to schedule conflicts.

    They should call this ride, Tour de Goyim, since this year they held
    it on Yom Kippur and I think it was last year that they held it on
    Rosh Hashanah.

    -CP

  5. Claire ,, can't Jews ride a bicyle on a holiday?

    If I didn't live in the great white north, I would go riding on Christmas
    day for sure.

    I've gone skiing on Christmas, Easter, and even Ground Hog Day.

    ====
    "Claire" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    David White said:

    I just moved to Whidbey Island, wanted to sign-up for and do this ride
    last weekend but could not due to schedule conflicts.

    They should call this ride, Tour de Goyim, since this year they held
    it on Yom Kippur and I think it was last year that they held it on
    Rosh Hashanah.

    -CP

  6. On Sep 25, 2:26 pm, "Sir Thomas of Cannondale" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    ===="Claire" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    David White said:

    I just moved to Whidbey Island, wanted to sign-up for and do this ride
    last weekend but could not due to schedule conflicts.

    Quoted message said:

    They should call this ride, Tour de Goyim, since this year they held
    it on Yom Kippur and I think it was last year that they held it on
    Rosh Hashanah.

    Claire, can't Jews ride a bicyle on a holiday?

    If I didn't live in the great white north, I would go riding on Christmas
    day for sure.

    I've gone skiing on Christmas, Easter, and even Ground Hog Day.

    You're supposed to be spending all day in shul on High Holy Days. On
    Yom Kippur, I arrived at at the synagogue 10:00 AM and services
    finally ground to a halt at 7:15 PM, and we ran into the Friendship
    Hall for the Break Fast Dinner.

    It's like riding a century. Your friends think you're nuts for doing
    it. At the end, you don't know if you're exhilerated or exhausted (or
    probably both), you're certainly hungry, and your butt hurts. Oddly,
    the next year, when the event rolls around again, you eagerly sign up
    for it one more time.

    Warm Regards,

    Claire

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.