UK and Europe · Public discussion

Was he wearing a helmet

Started by Tilly · · Last activity · 55 posts · 2,157 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
6 July 2005
Last activity
13 July 2005
Original author
Tilly
Posts
55
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,157
Views / 30 days
21

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 55
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. George Bush was in a collision with a policeman when he went out for a
    bicycle ride in the Gleneagles Hotel Complex and has hurt his ankle.

    I wonder if he was wearing a helmet!?

  2. Tilly said:

    George Bush was in a collision with a policeman when he went out for a
    bicycle ride in the Gleneagles Hotel Complex and has hurt his ankle.

    I wonder if he was wearing a helmet!?

    If not you'd have thought he'd have learned a lesson after his
    Brush With Death on a Segway...

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  3. "Tilly" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    George Bush was in a collision with a policeman when he went out for a
    bicycle ride in the Gleneagles Hotel Complex and has hurt his ankle.

    I wonder if he was wearing a helmet!?

    Apparently, it was the policeman he rode into who suffered the ankle injury.
    Should he have been wearing a helmet?

  4. "Tilly" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    George Bush was in a collision with a policeman when he went out for a
    bicycle ride in the Gleneagles Hotel Complex and has hurt his ankle.

    I wonder if he was wearing a helmet!?

    Given that George W's brain is somewhere else other than his head, I don't
    think they make helmets that would fit is [censored].

  5. Tilly said:

    George Bush was in a collision with a policeman when he went
    out for a bicycle ride in the Gleneagles Hotel Complex and has
    hurt his ankle.

    I wonder if he was wearing a helmet!?

    How did he not see the policeman, they are all wearing bright
    yellow reflective jackets.
    --
    the.Mark

  6. "Rich" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Tilly" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    George Bush was in a collision with a policeman when he went out for a
    bicycle ride in the Gleneagles Hotel Complex and has hurt his ankle.

    I wonder if he was wearing a helmet!?

    Given that George W's brain is somewhere else other than his head, I don't
    think they make helmets that would fit is [censored].

    Point of order Mr Chairman! There is an assumption there that there is a
    brain at all in said personage!

    Cheers, helen s

  7. the.Mark said:
    Tilly said:

    George Bush was in a collision with a policeman when he went
    out for a bicycle ride in the Gleneagles Hotel Complex and has
    hurt his ankle.

    I wonder if he was wearing a helmet!?

    How did he not see the policeman, they are all wearing bright
    yellow reflective jackets.

    Err, we are taking GW Bush are we not and you have to ask?
    BTW didn't he fall off a MTB at his Texas ranch 3-4 years ago? We may
    have a rare example of a need for training wheels here.

    John Kane
    Kingston ON

  8. On 07/06/2005 20:42:38 Tilly said:

    George Bush was in a collision with a policeman when he went out for a
    bicycle ride in the Gleneagles Hotel Complex and has hurt his ankle.

    Quoted message said:

    I wonder if he was wearing a helmet!?

    Doubt it, otherwise he would not have hurt his ankle.

    --

    Buck

    I would rather be out on my Catrike

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  9. In article <[email hidden]>, wafflycat

    waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk said:

    Point of order Mr Chairman! There is an assumption there that there
    is a brain at all in said personage!

    <applause>

    Very well put madam

    <applause>

    --
    A T (Sandy) Morton
    on the Bicycle Island
    In the Global Village
    http://www.millport.net

  10. "Sandy Morton" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    <applause>

    Very well put madam

    <applause>

    Why thank you kind sir!

    Cheers, helen s

  11. "John_Kane" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Err, we are taking GW Bush are we not and you have to ask?
    BTW didn't he fall off a MTB at his Texas ranch 3-4 years ago?

    And a Segway (duh, turn it on!) and forgetting that food (particularly
    pretzels) need chewed.

  12. On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 20:42:38 +0100, Tilly <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    George Bush was in a collision with a policeman when he went out for a
    bicycle ride in the Gleneagles Hotel Complex and has hurt his ankle.

    I wonder if he was wearing a helmet!?

    He was!

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/06/AR2005070601559.html

  13. Tilly said:

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 20:42:38 +0100, Tilly <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    George Bush was in a collision with a policeman when he went out for a
    bicycle ride in the Gleneagles Hotel Complex and has hurt his ankle.

    I wonder if he was wearing a helmet!?

    He was!

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/06/AR2005070601559.html

    "Bush, an avid and aggressive mountain biker,..."

    "Bush took up hard-core bicycling a few years ago after a knee injury
    forced him to quit running. His pace was known to leave even some
    well-conditioned Secret Service agents huffing."

    contrasted with

    "...an afternoon ride at a golf resort here, scraping his hands and arms
    when he hit the asphalt."

    You think they'd point him towards some hard-core aggressive terrain.

    Colin

  14. in message <[email hidden]>, Tilly

    (') said:

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 20:42:38 +0100, Tilly <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    George Bush was in a collision with a policeman when he went out for a
    bicycle ride in the Gleneagles Hotel Complex and has hurt his ankle.

    I wonder if he was wearing a helmet!?

    He was!


    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/06/AR2005070601559.html

    Oh, good. World Democracy is safe.

    --
    [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

    ' ' <------- this blank intentionally spaced left

  15. Colin Blackburn said:


    "Bush, an avid and aggressive mountain biker,..."

    "Bush took up hard-core bicycling a few years ago after a knee injury
    forced him to quit running. His pace was known to leave even some
    well-conditioned Secret Service agents huffing."

    contrasted with

    "...an afternoon ride at a golf resort here, scraping his hands and
    arms when he hit the asphalt."

    You think they'd point him towards some hard-core aggressive terrain.

    You can never tell from the varied press stories which is closest to
    reality but my understanding from reading between the lines of the
    various stories was he was caning it and the wheels washed out on him.

    At least the guy has one redeeming feature but its a pity he can't
    convince more of his compatriots to cycle.

    --
    Tony

    "I did make a mistake once - I thought I'd made a mistake but I hadn't"
    Anon

  16. "wafflycat" <waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Rich" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Tilly" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    George Bush was in a collision with a policeman when he went out for a
    bicycle ride in the Gleneagles Hotel Complex and has hurt his ankle.

    I wonder if he was wearing a helmet!?

    Given that George W's brain is somewhere else other than his head, I
    don't think they make helmets that would fit is [censored].

    Point of order Mr Chairman! There is an assumption there that there is a
    brain at all in said personage!

    You really shouldn't assume *anything* about *anything* 😉

  17. John_Kane said:


    Err, we are taking GW Bush are we not and you have to ask?
    BTW didn't he fall off a MTB at his Texas ranch 3-4 years ago? We may
    have a rare example of a need for training wheels here.

    John Kane
    Kingston ON

    Two falls in 3-4 years means training wheels required - a bit harsh.
    You'd better sign me up for them too.

    PhilO

  18. Rich said:

    Given that George W's brain is somewhere else other than his head, I don't
    think they make helmets that would fit is [censored].


    He cant be all that bad (evil) as he does ride a bike. Better than not riding
    at all?

  19. Rich said:


    Given that George W's brain is somewhere else other than his head, I don't
    think they make helmets that would fit is [censored].

    If they did it would explain Crook and Feikh though. One helmet could
    protect two "brains" - Gdubya's and B.Liars ;-)

    --
    Tony

    "I did make a mistake once - I thought I'd made a mistake but I hadn't"
    Anon

  20. erics said:
    Quoted message said:

    Point of order Mr Chairman! There is an assumption there that there is a
    brain at all in said personage!

    You really shouldn't assume *anything* about *anything* 😉

    oooooh.
    Pumps drawn at dawn ;-)

    John B

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.