water in ML ?

Smith Kennies

Guest
Will drinking too much water speed up metabolism ? If i'm not wrong, it is not good for the emzim in
our body (exspecially for digesting food)

The short answer is NO---excess water consumption will not speed up metabolism.

Consumption of water is necessary for virtually every process in the body, including the reverse of
the dehydrative process of converting complex carbohydrates into fats (I gather this is your
interest).

Consumption of COLD water will require a few extra calories to heat that water to body temperature
(basic calorimetry: ~1/4 calorie to heat 1 gram of water (1 cc/ml) 1 degree celsius (in short, a cup
of ice would require about 2.4 Kilocalories (how food is measured) to heat to room temperature)---
yes, that's right, a McDonald's "Big Mac" has about 600 KILOcalories, not just "calories."

Further, excess water consumption can lead to "water intoxication" which is a dilution of your
body's essential electrolytes, which can lead to anything from cramping, to epileptic-like
seizures!!

I hope this clears everything up

Regards,

Murray A.W. Hudon, R.N.