Power meters · Public discussion

Wattage overload

Started by velomanct · · Last activity · 23 posts · 4,237 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
2 March 2008
Last activity
15 March 2008
Original author
velomanct
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,237
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–23 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Power analys is fun, enterteining, rewarding and makes yourself to get to know you better. Thats is excellent!.

    However I agree with Beerco in what he said as "over-prescribed". The science behind power training and power meeters barely exists (I mean "real" science ) and what is out there is not very solid (notes, paper articles and some books, in my opinion). So the problem is that many coaches out there with no scientific bacground nor a knowlege of cycling metabolism prescribe to cyclists, especially over the net in a "copy and paste" way, in many cases not knowing to who the are giving the info and what´s worse..if his/her client can assimilate that prescription with any physiological data. Otherwise it is real fun.

    Cheers

  2. mikeyp123 said:

    Is there something wrong with me if I have fun looking at all my ride data, geeking out on the numbers and charts? It's bonus after the ride fun.

    You and me brother! We're all freaks here. 😄

  3. And starting at around $1000 is there really any other pice of cycling gear that will get you the improvements that a power meter does? (eg. if you and I are the same speed today and I get a power tap at $1200, you get a set of Zipps for $2400, you may beat me tomorrow. but a month from now and anytime after I will blow you away!)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.