Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

We love our old Bridgestones

Started by Paladin · · Last activity · 7 posts · 407 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
23 February 2005
Last activity
27 February 2005
Original author
Paladin
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
407
Views / 30 days
9

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I feel your pain, bro...

    http://tinyurl.com/44wrx

    CDB

  2. Quoted message said:

    I feel your pain, bro...
    http://tinyurl.com/44wrx
    CDB

    Damn. Good luck, Octomagneto! With his combination of superpowers and
    the fact that the frame is ferrous, he should have it back soon enough.
    I've had four stolen and 'retrieved' two of them years afterwards.

    /s

  3. Quoted message said:

    Damn. Good luck, Octomagneto! With his combination of superpowers and
    the fact that the frame is ferrous, he should have it back soon enough.
    I've had four stolen and 'retrieved' two of them years afterwards.

    How were you able to get them back after years had passed?

  4. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Damn. Good luck, Octomagneto! With his combination of superpowers


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the fact that the frame is ferrous, he should have it back soon


    enough.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I've had four stolen and 'retrieved' two of them years afterwards.

    Quoted message said:

    How were you able to get them back after years had passed?

    It was quite simple really. Both cases were rather similar.
    I rode up and said, "Pardon me, Sir, but I couldn't help but noticing
    that you're riding my bicycle."
    To which both gentlemen replied, "Oh dear. Quite sorry. Here, please
    take it. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience. Might I buy you some
    lunch?"
    "Oh, that's quite all right old chap. No harm done, really. I
    appreciate both the gesture and the obvious care you took in the
    upkeep."
    "Not at all, not at all. It was a pleasure to have borrowed her these
    past couple years."
    "Yes. Well then, I'll be off."
    "Right. I suppose I'd better start walking then. It was fine meeting
    you."
    "You too, Sir. Cheerio!"

    See, people are quite reasonable when you speak to them with a British
    affectation.

    /s

  5. Quoted message said:

    See, people are quite reasonable when you speak to them with a British
    affectation.

    Isn't "British affectation" a tad redundant?

    (Sorry Shaun, you've been much too sedate lately! 🙂 )

    International Instigator Bill

  6. "S o r n i" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    See, people are quite reasonable when you speak to them with a British
    affectation.

    Isn't "British affectation" a tad redundant?

    ITYF you misspelled 'affection' - and it's not so much redundant, as in
    certain cases, conciously withheld ',;~}~

    Quoted message said:

    (Sorry Shaun, you've been much too sedate lately! 🙂 )

    Like hell - you've just not been in an of the more ineresting places ',;~}~

    Quoted message said:

    International Instigator Bill

    In 'American', surely that would be just 'an IIB' ?!?

    Shaun aRe

  7. Dame pigs,fuss,flat foot,copper,and any other name the
    go by. Maybe he'll have to walk some day.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.