Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racycles
Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion
Web sites that ship to Australia
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Australia and New Zealand
- Published
- 15 February 2007
- Last activity
- 27 February 2007
- Original author
- Spinners_are_winners
- Posts
- 32
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,853
- Views / 30 days
- 14
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Some I have used with good results:
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/
http://www.settlecycles.co.uk/shop/
http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/index.html
And I've bought a fair amount of cycling gear off eBay over the past few
years.Nick
"Spinners_are_winners" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racycles -
As well as probikekit, I have also used 3ringcycles.com3ringcycles.comOpen ↗ in the USA.
I heard about 3ring on an older thread like this and have used them 3 or 4 times with great service each time. They price match other USA web stores and charge very reasonable shipping. They also trade on ebay as "geargurl".
-
In article <[email hidden]>,
Spinners_are_winners said:
Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racyclesThere are many US based sites that'll ship to Australia. But the problem
is postage. They typically start at US$22-25 for the minimum order.
That's a significant cost compared with A$18 of PBK.
-- -
Spinners_are_winners said:
Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racycleswww.Kennedydirect.com reckon they will be running live by this weekend and are aiming to be competitive with pbk and others ... you might still find pbk lower if you can avoid GST.
there's www.velomaster.com from NZ have some good prices on US stuff at much lower than retail in Oz.
-
Spinners_are_winners said:
Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racyclesJenson are pretty good, especially for mountain bike stuff.
Friday
-
Spinners_are_winners said:
Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racycles
And Torpedo7: NZ based with an AU serverQuick, reliable and cheap delivery.
--
Bean"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink FloydRemove "yourfinger" before replying
-
On Feb 15, 11:13 pm, "Spinners_are_winners" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racyclesAnother US site that I have used and was happy with is gotta ride
bikes - http://www.gottaridebikes.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT
.. They will send light packages by post which is a lot cheaper than
courier. I email them with my intended purchase before I actually
order and they give an idea of postage etc. -
"Spinners_are_winners" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racyclesDepends what you're after. www.aebike.com are good.
-
"Resound" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
"Spinners_are_winners" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racyclesDepends what you're after. www.aebike.com are good.
Yes I've had some good deals from aebike. They have a good range of gear,
including commuting-type stuff.Also don't forget:
www.phantomcycles.com.au
www.sjscycles.com great variety, especially good for touring gear
www.wallbike.com--
Cheers
Peter~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*) -
Spinners_are_winners said:
Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racycles
I've used PBK and http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Default.aspx
Both have given good service and both give prices in Aussie dollars. 5
days postage for both so far. Chain Reaction's postage was a bit more
expensive, but it was registered.
On comparisons I have found the English sites to be cheaper than the US
places.eg. Just checked the price of Ultegra pedals - 6610, Chain
Reaction A$97 and 3 Ring $112 and I think that will be US$ too
Halcyon -
Halcyon said:
Spinners_are_winners said:
Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racycles
I've used PBK and http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Default.aspx
Both have given good service and both give prices in Aussie dollars. 5
days postage for both so far. Chain Reaction's postage was a bit more
expensive, but it was registered.
On comparisons I have found the English sites to be cheaper than the US
places.eg. Just checked the price of Ultegra pedals - 6610, Chain
Reaction A$97 and 3 Ring $112 and I think that will be US$ too
HalcyonI get stuff from Chainreaction, my forks were 1/2 the Australian price
of Phantom. (Including postage)You don't pay VAT which usually covers the postage. Good service and
about the cheapest in the UK. 4 day delivery to here.At present you get another 10% off if you spend over 100pounds.
I have found that parts made in the EC are cheap in the UK.
-
On Feb 15, 11:13 pm, "Spinners_are_winners" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racyclesI've had good dealings with these guys:
http://www.debcoelectronics.com/
....but they're probably not selling stuff that you'd be interested in.
BTH
(Technically correct, but practically useless). -
On Feb 15, 10:13 pm, "Spinners_are_winners" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racyclesHas anyone dealt with Performance in the US? I often find good prices
on their sites and several times have ordered, then a few days later
they bounce my order. The story is my bank (CBA) won't confirm my
address, because of privacy legislation, so Performance won't take my
order. I don't know if this is a CBA issue or what. Has anyone had
success with Performance using a different credit card?Donga
-
Donga said:
On Feb 15, 10:13 pm, "Spinners_are_winners" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racyclesHas anyone dealt with Performance in the US? I often find good prices
on their sites and several times have ordered, then a few days later
they bounce my order. The story is my bank (CBA) won't confirm my
address, because of privacy legislation, so Performance won't take my
order. I don't know if this is a CBA issue or what. Has anyone had
success with Performance using a different credit card?Donga
I have bought from them using Amex. In the comments field on the order, I give them the Australian Amex merchant enquiries phone number so they can ring and check. (I am in the office at present and don't have it with me but I can get it for you if you need it).They will not send to an international address unless they can confirm that the delivery address is the same as the card billing address. Hence the call to the bank or Credit card company.
When I first started having problems with them , I spoke to Amex in Australia and confirmed that Amex would be happy to confirm my details for Performance.
The monkeys that work for Performance are not real bright so you have to make it clear that it is the Australian Amex phone number and give them the US dial code for Australia. Otherwise, they ring the 'Merkin office of Amex or just keep ringing the wrong number and getting nothing.
You might try a similar approach with your CBA card - give Amex the CBA merchant enquiries number with the US dial code for Australia etc. If you had not done that previously, the monkeys may have been ringing any number for CBA in 'Merka or 'Straya.
SteveA
-
Donga said:
Has anyone dealt with Performance in the US? I often find good prices
on their sites and several times have ordered, then a few days later
they bounce my order. The story is my bank (CBA) won't confirm my
address, because of privacy legislation, so Performance won't take my
order. I don't know if this is a CBA issue or what. Has anyone had
success with Performance using a different credit card?Donga
Have had this problem myself, although it was with colorado cyclist. After 5 days / nights exchanging emails in which I gave them phone numbers of my bank (with Aussie dial codes etc) as well as a scan of my most recent statement (with secure bits blacked out) confirming the address to which the statements were being issued - I just gave up and waited until probikekit had more stock of what I was after. -
On Feb 19, 4:09 pm, SteveA <SteveA.2m8...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com said:
Donga Wrote:> On Feb 15, 10:13 pm, "Spinners_are_winners" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racyclesQuoted message said:
Has anyone dealt with Performance in the US? I often find good prices
on their sites and several times have ordered, then a few days later
they bounce my order. The story is my bank (CBA) won't confirm my
address, because of privacy legislation, so Performance won't take my
order. I don't know if this is a CBA issue or what. Has anyone had
success with Performance using a different credit card?Quoted message said:
Donga
I have bought from them using Amex. In the comments field on the
order, I give them the Australian Amex merchant enquiries phone number
so they can ring and check. (I am in the office at present and don't
have it with me but I can get it for you if you need it).They will not send to an international address unless they can confirm
that the delivery address is the same as the card billing address.
Hence the call to the bank or Credit card company.When I first started having problems with them , I spoke to Amex in
Australia and confirmed that Amex would be happy to confirm my details
for Performance.The monkeys that work for Performance are not real bright so you have
to make it clear that it is the Australian Amex phone number and give
them the US dial code for Australia. Otherwise, they ring the 'Merkin
office of Amex or just keep ringing the wrong number and getting
nothing.You might try a similar approach with your CBA card - give Amex the CBA
merchant enquiries number with the US dial code for Australia etc. If
you had not done that previously, the monkeys may have been ringing any
number for CBA in 'Merka or 'Straya.SteveA
--
SteveAThanks Steve - shall try - though having spent the past three weeks in
USA, I can advise they have no higher rate of monkeydom than have we!Donga
-
monsterman said:
Have had this problem myself, although it was with colorado cyclist. After 5 days / nights exchanging emails in which I gave them phone numbers of my bank (with Aussie dial codes etc) as well as a scan of my most recent statement (with secure bits blacked out) confirming the address to which the statements were being issued - I just gave up and waited until probikekit had more stock of what I was after.
You need more patience*. It took me about that long to sort the monkeys at Performance. Now I have a standard instruction which I cut and paste whenever I send the monkeys an order.(* I gave someone some advice on a lease last August. He rang me to ask a question about my advice today - patience? or total lack of interest?)
Steve
-
Donga said:
On Feb 19, 4:09 pm, SteveA <SteveA.2m8...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com said:
Donga Wrote:> On Feb 15, 10:13 pm, "Spinners_are_winners" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
wrote:
> Does anyone know of any good web sites that ship to Australia? The
> only ones that I have come across so far are probikekit and racycles
Has anyone dealt with Performance in the US? I often find good prices
on their sites and several times have ordered, then a few days later
they bounce my order. The story is my bank (CBA) won't confirm my
address, because of privacy legislation, so Performance won't take my
order. I don't know if this is a CBA issue or what. Has anyone had
success with Performance using a different credit card?
Donga
I have bought from them using Amex. In the comments field on the
order, I give them the Australian Amex merchant enquiries phone number
so they can ring and check. (I am in the office at present and don't
have it with me but I can get it for you if you need it).They will not send to an international address unless they can confirm
that the delivery address is the same as the card billing address.
Hence the call to the bank or Credit card company.When I first started having problems with them , I spoke to Amex in
Australia and confirmed that Amex would be happy to confirm my details
for Performance.The monkeys that work for Performance are not real bright so you have
to make it clear that it is the Australian Amex phone number and give
them the US dial code for Australia. Otherwise, they ring the 'Merkin
office of Amex or just keep ringing the wrong number and getting
nothing.You might try a similar approach with your CBA card - give Amex the CBA
merchant enquiries number with the US dial code for Australia etc. If
you had not done that previously, the monkeys may have been ringing any
number for CBA in 'Merka or 'Straya.SteveA
--
SteveAThanks Steve - shall try - though having spent the past three weeks in
USA, I can advise they have no higher rate of monkeydom than have we!Donga
Performance once canceled an order of mine because they confused WA
(Western Australia) for Washington and the zipp code only had four
digits instead of five. Never mind the fact that the order says
AUSTRALIA. So you have to tell them that.Friday
-
These issues with Performance and Colorado are why I use 3ringcycles.com3ringcycles.comOpen ↗
No problems with credit cards (though you need a Paypal account). They use USPS air mail, not UPS or the other courier companies, which is a lot cheaper and gets to you in around a week. They will price match the big boys (Performance, Colorado, Jensen etc). What's not to like? As stated in an earlier post in this thread, I have used them 3 times (maybe more?) and been well looked after each time.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.