Weight limit for Fuji Team Pro road bike

jemister

Aug 12, 2007
I'm planning on a very very light transamerica tour with Fuji Team Pro bike. It has a 56 inch C4 Monocoque-Carbon frameset with 16 and 20 spoke 700x23 (22?) Shimano wheels. I weigh around 140 and planning on a 20-35 lb. load. Any suggestions about racks or panniers? Does a trailer put too much stress on the forks? What exactly is the weight limit?

jemister said:
I'm planning on a very very light transamerica tour with Fuji Team Pro bike. It has a 56 inch C4 Monocoque-Carbon frameset with 16 and 20 spoke 700x23 (22?) Shimano wheels. I weigh around 140 and planning on a 20-35 lb. load. Any suggestions about racks or panniers? Does a trailer put too much stress on the forks? What exactly is the weight limit?

30 plus lbs. hanging off the back of that bike will make it squirrely, that comes from experience, not mine personally but a friend riding along side me for over 300 miles. I had front and rear panniers on a on an older Schwinn with a heavy Al frame. It rode quite stable with the weight distributed evenly front and rear.

Since my bike was not a touring bike and thus had no eyelets for attaching pannier racks I used a rear rack that clamped to the seat post and a front rack that attached with clamps to the fork. I also used a handlebar bag and trunk rack.

If you keep your load around 20 lbs on a rear rack I think you'd be OK. A trailer will add something like 20 lbs to your load upping your total (high end) to over 50 lbs. a real ***** to pull on hills.

One more note on rear panniers on a racing bike is your heals may hit the panniers because of the short chain stays.