juvel01 said:Actually, I'm not on a womens specific bike because the ones I tried were all uncomfortable for me (I dont know why). Then I tried an XS TCR and although I had to jack the seatpost up, it felt like it was made for me. I ended up buying the TCR T-Mobile frame because I wanted to build my own bike.
The last bike I had (outside of my mtn bike and my current OCR) was a Bianchi 48cm cross bike (actually the frame was a Bianchi, the rest of it was custom built). The reach was just too long even with an uber short stem. On that bike I had a 172.5 crank. I ended up selling it because I just couldnt get the reach to fit me, but the crank felt ok. My mtn bike is a 172.5.
The other hard part for me is that I have fairly wide shoulders for my frame so since I tend to want to be on a wider bar and that brings my stem even shorter.
Yes, I've been told I am a bike fitters nightmare and I am going to remeasure my inseam.
Thanks for all the input, it has been very helpful!
the reason i asked about the womans frame is because i was asking my LBS owner about a bike for my wife. i was wondering since her & i are about the same size, if she would be comfortable on my mans frame.
he told me women tend to have longer legs and shorter torsoes than men so a womans frame is designed to fit their longer legs but still allow a shorter reach to the handle bars. he delved more into the actual specifics of the frame design but i kind of glazed over and don't remember them.
he recommended that although my bike could be adjusted to fit her by raising the seat, possibly moving it forward, & putting a shorter handlebar stem on it, ultimately she would be better off on a womans frame for a proper or truer fit.