Weight Watchers Restaurant

Wouldn't it be awesome if they would come out with a Weight Watchers
restaurant? I know that some restaurants carry a few WW items, but
think about a whole restaurant! That would be awesome! ~ Toni,
Chattanooga,TN

"[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Wouldn't it be awesome if they would come out with a Weight Watchers
> restaurant? I know that some restaurants carry a few WW items, but
> think about a whole restaurant! That would be awesome! ~ Toni,
> Chattanooga,TN

There are restaurants in Montréal that will serve meals according to
the Montignac diet.

I fear though that WW would probably want some sort of kickback for the
use of their name. They are notoriously stingy on allowing the
existence of stuff they can't control, like Jim Button's WW point
calculator for Palm pilot. They don't encourage its use because they
didn't get to check it out and put their logo on it and sell it
themselves from 14$ instead of it being free.

--

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why
the poor have no food, they call me a communist."

Dom Helder Camara

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wouldn't it be awesome if they would come out with a Weight Watchers
> restaurant? I know that some restaurants carry a few WW items, but
> think about a whole restaurant! That would be awesome! ~ Toni,
> Chattanooga,TN

no, the whole idea of WW is not to eat "special" foods, unless your on the
core plan, and hardly w/ that.
The whole idea is limit your intake, eat what you want, but LIMIT it.
There, now you don't have to pay 12 bucks for your meeting this week :) lol

[email protected] wrote:
> Wouldn't it be awesome if they would come out with a Weight Watchers
> restaurant? I know that some restaurants carry a few WW items, but
> think about a whole restaurant! That would be awesome! ~ Toni,
> Chattanooga,TN

Here in las vegas we have Low Calzone, an Italian Lo Carb restaurant

The Low Carb Cafe

The Souper Sandwich

The Souper Salad and a few others.

I still love the steak houses best! :(

CJ

> Wouldn't it be awesome if they would come out with a Weight Watchers
> restaurant? I know that some restaurants carry a few WW items, but
> think about a whole restaurant! That would be awesome!

I agree. The only restaurant I know of that has any menu items tailored
to Weight Watchers is Applebee's, but their Weight Watchers menu is
prett sparce. Maybe like three each of appetisers, entrees, and main
courses. Its better than nothing though.

In article <%[email protected]>,
"Knit Chic" <[email protected]> wrote:

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Wouldn't it be awesome if they would come out with a Weight Watchers
> > restaurant? I know that some restaurants carry a few WW items, but
> > think about a whole restaurant! That would be awesome! ~ Toni,
> > Chattanooga,TN
> >

> no, the whole idea of WW is not to eat "special" foods, unless your on the
> core plan, and hardly w/ that.
> The whole idea is limit your intake, eat what you want, but LIMIT it.
> There, now you don't have to pay 12 bucks for your meeting this week :) lol

You miss the point the OP was making. What would be really nice is to
have menu items include the number of points each one represents on the
Weight Watchers Flex Plan.

In article <[email protected]>,
Michel Boucher <[email protected]> wrote:

> I fear though that WW would probably want some sort of kickback for the
> use of their name. They are notoriously stingy on allowing the
> existence of stuff they can't control, like Jim Button's WW point
> calculator for Palm pilot. They don't encourage its use because they
> didn't get to check it out and put their logo on it and sell it
> themselves from 14$ instead of it being free.

I am sure that Weight Watchers would want payment, but it would be nice
if more restaurants did reach an agreement with Weight Watchers. I know
that in the Weight Watchers meetings I attend, a lot of good quality
publicity is given to Applebee's because they manage to offer some menu
items that fit the Weight Watchers plan.

On 11 Feb 2006 15:44:49 -0800, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Wouldn't it be awesome if they would come out with a Weight Watchers
>restaurant? I know that some restaurants carry a few WW items, but
>think about a whole restaurant! That would be awesome!

There was something like that in San Diego severalmany years ago.
Everything was listed on the menu with its WW exchanges. I don't
remember how the food was -- it was a lonnnnnnng time ago.

serene

On 11 Feb 2006 15:44:49 -0800, in rec.food.cooking,
"[email protected]" <[email protected]> hit the
crackpipe and declared:
>Wouldn't it be awesome if they would come out with a Weight Watchers
>restaurant? I know that some restaurants carry a few WW items, but
>think about a whole restaurant! That would be awesome! ~ Toni,
>Chattanooga,TN

OMG! And if they had takeout in Tupperware! That would rule! And if
they had a salon in the back with Mary Kay, that would be the bombidy
bomb yo!!!

Sheesh...

Stan Horwitz wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't it be awesome if they would come out with a Weight Watchers
> > restaurant? I know that some restaurants carry a few WW items, but
> > think about a whole restaurant! That would be awesome!

> I agree. The only restaurant I know of that has any menu items tailored
> to Weight Watchers is Applebee's, but their Weight Watchers menu is
> prett sparce. Maybe like three each of appetisers, entrees, and main
> courses. Its better than nothing though.

"Lo -cal" restaurants concepts are largely a flop. People give healthy
eating lip service but when they eat out they want to treat themselves...

--
Best
Greg

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:39:02 -0500 while whitewashing the broccoli
Stan Horwitz <[email protected]> tossed a caber at the lizard while
remarking:

>I agree. The only restaurant I know of that has any menu items tailored
>to Weight Watchers is Applebee's, but their Weight Watchers menu is
>prett sparce. Maybe like three each of appetisers, entrees, and main
>courses. Its better than nothing though.

Also consider how often WW has changed their plan. I haven't been
recently, but it seems they are advertising new and varied counting
systems and plans on a fairly regular basis. A restaurant with a large
WW menu would be at their whim, having to change the menus and
possibly even what foods they offered in order to use the WW name. I
don't think I'd want to necessarily be tethered like that if I were a
restaurant chain.

Cheryl
~~~Always look on the bright side of life....~~~ (from "Life of Brian")

In article <[email protected]>,
Spuddie <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:39:02 -0500 while whitewashing the broccoli
> Stan Horwitz <[email protected]> tossed a caber at the lizard while
> remarking:
>
> >I agree. The only restaurant I know of that has any menu items tailored
> >to Weight Watchers is Applebee's, but their Weight Watchers menu is
> >prett sparce. Maybe like three each of appetisers, entrees, and main
> >courses. Its better than nothing though.

> Also consider how often WW has changed their plan. I haven't been
> recently, but it seems they are advertising new and varied counting
> systems and plans on a fairly regular basis. A restaurant with a large
> WW menu would be at their whim, having to change the menus and
> possibly even what foods they offered in order to use the WW name. I
> don't think I'd want to necessarily be tethered like that if I were a
> restaurant chain.

I have been participating in a local Weight Watchers group for the past
month. From what I can gather, their plan has not changed much in quite
some time. Even if WW does adjust their plan sometimes, what's the big
deal? Every restaurant that I frequent has a menu change two or three
times a year anyway to account for seasonal variety of ingredients and
customers' demands.