General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

weird allergy

Started by notbob · · Last activity · 36 posts · 1,187 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
16 June 2005
Last activity
20 June 2005
Original author
notbob
Posts
36
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,187
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–36 of 36
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On Sun 19 Jun 2005 08:52:13a, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    On Sat 18 Jun 2005 11:50:17a, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:43:11 -0500, notbob wrote:

    > On 2005-06-16, Dimitri <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > > As you know I am not a doctor
    > >
    > > I don't think its a food allergic reaction. Generally they get
    > > worse and worse with exposure to the allergen.
    >
    > The first couple times was from the same dish. No dish, no
    > allergy. That would seem pretty conclusive. OTOH, this time it's
    > gone further. I woke up this morning and my afflicted lip is now
    > a fat lip. Maybe it wasn't the dish, but I can't think of
    > anything else to attribute it to.
    >
    If no other part of your body is affected, the doctor will probably
    tell you it's a "concact" allergy.

    What the hell is a "concact" allergy?

    contact, contact, contact
    Do you know what a CONTACT allergy is or not?

    See what happens when I don't correct myself online?
    I get reactions like yours.
    If I DO correct myself, I'm called a drama queen.

    Maybe I should just shut up and not read rfc anymore, because what
    normal person can read and not respond?

    <snipped virulent stuff about unknown people who claim to have been
    lurking for years - yeah right, you downloaded several years worth of
    posts and read a few>

    sf
    who needs a cup of coffee fast

    Aw, come on, sf... I was just funnin' ya. Mebbe you need a tranq with
    that coffee! :-) You simply can't go away. Who the hell would I tease?

    Quoted message said:

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
    Tested on: 6/19/2005 9:01:41 AM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
    Tested on: 6/19/2005 9:03:48 AM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  2. On Sun 19 Jun 2005 09:05:18a, cathyxyz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:
    sf said:


    contact, contact, contact
    Do you know what a CONTACT allergy is or not?

    See what happens when I don't correct myself online?
    I get reactions like yours.
    If I DO correct myself, I'm called a drama queen.

    Maybe I should just shut up and not read rfc anymore, because what
    normal person can read and not respond?

    <snipped virulent stuff about unknown people who claim to have been
    lurking for years - yeah right, you downloaded several years worth of
    posts and read a few>

    sf
    who needs a cup of coffee fast

    Don't worry about it... enjoy the coffee. I had to check and see if it
    was full moon or not... everyone who is posting to RFC the last couple
    of days has been "fighting fit". And is it my imagination or has there
    been more than the usual number of trolls around too?
    Cheers
    Cathy - who enjoys reading your posts

    I am not a troll, Cathy, and have been on rfc for a long time. sf knows
    who I am. Maybe she was in a foul mood and didn't like my teasing.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
    Tested on: 6/19/2005 9:13:27 AM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  3. Wayne Boatwright said:


    I am not a troll, Cathy, and have been on rfc for a long time. sf knows
    who I am. Maybe she was in a foul mood and didn't like my teasing.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    I am fully aware of that Wayne,.. sorry if I made it sound like you
    were 🙁
    I was just referring to other threads that have been doing the
    rounds....
    It's just that sf sounded a bit upset (happens to all of us, I am
    sure), and I like reading sf's posts...

    Liked your recipe for 1000 Island Dressing BTW.
    Cheers
    Cathy

  4. On Sun 19 Jun 2005 09:23:55a, cathyxyz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:


    I am not a troll, Cathy, and have been on rfc for a long time. sf knows
    who I am. Maybe she was in a foul mood and didn't like my teasing.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    I am fully aware of that Wayne,.. sorry if I made it sound like you
    were 🙁
    I was just referring to other threads that have been doing the
    rounds....
    It's just that sf sounded a bit upset (happens to all of us, I am
    sure), and I like reading sf's posts...

    Liked your recipe for 1000 Island Dressing BTW.
    Cheers
    Cathy

    Thanks, Cathy. I love reading sf's posts. We banter back and forth at
    times. She is not without a sharp and teasing tongue herself. :-)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
    Tested on: 6/19/2005 9:27:07 AM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  5. Wayne Boatwright said:

    On Sun 19 Jun 2005 09:23:55a, cathyxyz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks, Cathy. I love reading sf's posts. We banter back and forth at
    times. She is not without a sharp and teasing tongue herself. :-)

    Third time lucky.... not having much luck posting this side... ISP seems
    to think that it's time to do "testing" (and I keep losing all my
    "wordss of wisdom"... 🙁

    What I was trying to say was...

    I also like reading sf's posts.... and I still think that "laughter is
    the best medicine" <groaning about the cliche>
    Also wanted to apologise again... to you.

    Cheers
    Cathy

    --
    I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it

  6. On Sun 19 Jun 2005 09:47:30a, cathyxyz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:

    On Sun 19 Jun 2005 09:23:55a, cathyxyz wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks, Cathy. I love reading sf's posts. We banter back and forth at
    times. She is not without a sharp and teasing tongue herself. :-)

    Third time lucky.... not having much luck posting this side... ISP seems
    to think that it's time to do "testing" (and I keep losing all my
    "wordss of wisdom"... 🙁

    What I was trying to say was...

    I also like reading sf's posts.... and I still think that "laughter is
    the best medicine" <groaning about the cliche>
    Also wanted to apologise again... to you.

    Absolutely no need to apologize, Cathy. I'm glad you're here!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
    Tested on: 6/19/2005 10:24:11 AM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  7. Wayne Boatwright said:
    Quoted message said:

    sf
    who needs a cup of coffee fast

    Aw, come on, sf... I was just funnin' ya. Mebbe you need a tranq with
    that coffee! :-) You simply can't go away. Who the hell would I tease?

    Thanks for putting up with my snit fit, Wayne... I've had 2 cups of
    coffee (breakfast too) and am in a much better mood now. For some
    reason, I've had a slight, but nagging, headache for the past couple
    of days which just won't go away and it gets worse when my grandchild
    does the things that come naturally to a 3 turning 4 year old (at the
    top of his lungs).

    sf
    off to take some asparin

  8. Damsel said:
    sf said:

    See what happens when I don't correct myself online?
    I get reactions like yours.
    If I DO correct myself, I'm called a drama queen.

    Maybe I should just shut up and not read rfc anymore, because what
    normal person can read and not respond?

    Keep posting, sf. I think that most of us recognize (and enjoy) a good
    typo now and then. 🙂


    Thanks, Carol... I was being a little too touchy.

  9. cathyxyz said:
    Quoted message said:

    sf
    who needs a cup of coffee fast

    Don't worry about it... enjoy the coffee. I had to check and see if it
    was full moon or not... everyone who is posting to RFC the last couple
    of days has been "fighting fit". And is it my imagination or has there
    been more than the usual number of trolls around too?

    It's not your imagination and they are crossposting trolls.

    Quoted message said:

    Cheers
    Cathy - who enjoys reading your posts

    Thanks

  10. On Sun 19 Jun 2005 10:55:36a, sf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:
    Wayne Boatwright said:
    Quoted message said:

    sf
    who needs a cup of coffee fast

    Aw, come on, sf... I was just funnin' ya. Mebbe you need a tranq
    with that coffee! :-) You simply can't go away. Who the hell would I
    tease?

    Thanks for putting up with my snit fit, Wayne... I've had 2 cups of
    coffee (breakfast too) and am in a much better mood now. For some
    reason, I've had a slight, but nagging, headache for the past couple
    of days which just won't go away and it gets worse when my grandchild
    does the things that come naturally to a 3 turning 4 year old (at the
    top of his lungs).

    sf
    off to take some asparin

    Think nothing of it. I didn't. Headaches put me in a vile mood and I
    need to separate myself from everyone and everything when I get one. Hope
    yours goes away soon!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
    Tested on: 6/19/2005 11:04:58 AM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  11. sf said:
    Damsel said:
    sf said:

    See what happens when I don't correct myself online?
    I get reactions like yours.
    If I DO correct myself, I'm called a drama queen.

    Maybe I should just shut up and not read rfc anymore, because what
    normal person can read and not respond?

    Keep posting, sf. I think that most of us recognize (and enjoy) a good
    typo now and then. 🙂


    Thanks, Carol... I was being a little too touchy.

    Been there, done that. Recently, too. 🙁

    We're human.

    Carol, part-time [censored]

    --
    Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon

  12. sf wrote on 19 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    If I DO correct myself, I'm called a drama queen.

    You'll always be Queenie to me.

    --
    It's not a question of where he grips it!
    It's a simple question of weight ratios!

    A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

    Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

  13. On Sun 19 Jun 2005 12:07:06p, Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote in
    rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    sf wrote on 19 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    If I DO correct myself, I'm called a drama queen.

    You'll always be Queenie to me.

    Yes, royalty nonetheless.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*
    ____________________________________________

    Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
    Tested on: 6/19/2005 2:37:33 PM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com

  14. Wayne Boatwright said:

    On Sun 19 Jun 2005 12:07:06p, Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote in
    rec.food.cooking:

    Quoted message said:

    sf wrote on 19 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    If I DO correct myself, I'm called a drama queen.

    You'll always be Queenie to me.

    Yes, royalty nonetheless.

    sf is doing the hair flip thing... and thanking all the people who
    made this possible.

  15. That's interesting - I didn't realize that "--" was all that was showing on
    the "from" list - I thought my mail name was coming up.

    My excuse is -
    I have been on the net for over ten years but I had used a different
    browser- when I went to cable last winter, I switched to outlook express
    for the browser.

    I assumed that "--" was an internal way that Outlook Express used to
    indicate the particular user's posts on his own browser, for top-sorting the
    name, and my name showed everywhere else.

    (Having been around computers since holerith cards from fixing my own
    software and hardware and using several languages regularly, it's kind of
    embarrassing not be using the "simple" browser properly. I'll fix it asap)

    thanx

    "sf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:40:55 -0500, -- wrote:

    You've been with us a few weeks... so you're (sort of) a regular. I
    am going to ask you something I've wondered since you first appeared:
    Why did you decide to use " --" as your posting name? "--" is easy to
    miss.

  16. -- said:

    That's interesting - I didn't realize that "--" was all that was showing on
    the "from" list - I thought my mail name was coming up.


    What you see above is what's displayed everywhere.

    Quoted message said:


    My excuse is -
    I have been on the net for over ten years but I had used a different
    browser- when I went to cable last winter, I switched to outlook express
    for the browser.

    I assumed that "--" was an internal way that Outlook Express used to
    indicate the particular user's posts on his own browser, for top-sorting the
    name, and my name showed everywhere else.

    (Having been around computers since holerith cards from fixing my own
    software and hardware and using several languages regularly, it's kind of
    embarrassing not be using the "simple" browser properly. I'll fix it asap)

    thanx


    You're welcome. Please let us know what your "new" posting name will
    be so we can recognize you!

    Quoted message said:


    "sf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:40:55 -0500, -- wrote:

    You've been with us a few weeks... so you're (sort of) a regular. I
    am going to ask you something I've wondered since you first appeared:
    Why did you decide to use " --" as your posting name? "--" is easy to
    miss.


Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.