Your Bloody Soap Box · Public discussion

Well Done ! Herr Schumacher

Started by limerickman · · Last activity · 13 posts · 1,424 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Your Bloody Soap Box
Published
5 January 2005
Last activity
6 January 2005
Original author
limerickman
Posts
13
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,424
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–13 of 13
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I read that Formula 1 World Racing Champion Michael Schumacher has donated
    10 million quid to the Tsunami Appeal for South East Asia.

    His manager, Willi Weber, announced that Schumie has made the donation as part of German TV Telethon fundraising.

    Well done, Schumie !

  2. limerickman said:

    I read that Formula 1 World Racing Champion Michael Schumacher has donated
    10 million quid to the Tsunami Appeal for South East Asia.

    His manager, Willi Weber, announced that Schumie has made the donation as part of German TV Telethon fundraising.

    Well done, Schumie !


    nice one...

    Bill Gates gave 1.5 Million (he's currently worth £70 Billion) thats like me giving 0.0005 pence.

  3. MountainPro said:

    nice one...

    Bill Gates gave 1.5 Million (he's currently worth £70 Billion) thats like me giving 0.0005 pence.

    Appalling isn't it ?
    You'd think that he'd donate more given his wealth.

  4. limerickman said:

    Appalling isn't it ?
    You'd think that he'd donate more given his wealth.


    Ever heard of the "Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation"? It's an ongoing non-profit enterprise that had a start-up fund in the BILLIONS (27 Billion). ALL of the capital from Bill Gates for what other than-you guessed it-Global Health 🙄 . http://www.gatesfoundation.org/default.htm
    His program is perpetual not just a spur of the moment donation. Nice try, taking a swipe at the Murkians but, sadly it did'nt work this time :p

  5. davidmc said:

    Ever heard of the "Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation"? It's an ongoing non-profit enterprise that had a start-up fund in the BILLIONS. ALL of the capital from Bill Gates. http://www.gatesfoundation.org/default.htm
    His program is perpetual not just a spur of the moment donation. Nice try, taking a swipe at the Murkians but, sadly it did'nt work this time :p

    First of all, you're paranoid - no one was taking a swipe at Merkins, we were discussing UberGeek Gates.

    Secondly, while Gates does have a charity, I think you'll find that he does so because it's also tax efficient.
    Microsoft and Gates long planned charity is a tax break - so while it is welcome that he does donate something, Philantrophy ain't the prime reason for his setting up his charity.
    But I am prepared to concede credit where it's due.

    Schumie on the other hand has made a very noble, impulsive gesture.
    No tax planning aspect either.

  6. davidmc said:


    Nice try, taking a swipe at the Murkians but, sadly it did'nt work this time :p


    not swiping at the Merkins, just at the rich who should really do more.

  7. limerickman said:

    Schumie on the other hand has made a very noble, impulsive gesture.
    No tax planning aspect either.


    Surely all donations to charity on that scale are deductible.
    Let's see how Posh and Becks do, I think David's OK on things like that. But it's the same old story with with the press, he will get called whatever he does.

  8. FredC said:

    Surely all donations to charity on that scale are deductible.
    Let's see how Posh and Becks do, I think David's OK on things like that. But it's the same old story with with the press, he will get called whatever he does.

    Probably are, but Schumie, I reckon, didn't get a whole load of corporate lawyers to create a shell-legal entity to make donations to the Tsunami disaster.
    Gates on the other hand formed legal entities for charitable donations.

    Schumacher already has a charity working with the Dalai Lama, and MS himself
    works on a communal farm, each year, doing physical work, free gratis.
    Read this recently in an article about the Dalai Lama

  9. limerickman said:

    Probably are, but Schumie, I reckon, didn't get a whole load of corporate lawyers to create a shell-legal entity to make donations to the Tsunami disaster.
    Gates on the other hand formed legal entities for charitable donations.

    Schumacher already has a charity working with the Dalai Lama, and MS himself
    works on a communal farm, each year, doing physical work, free gratis.
    Read this recently in an article about the Dalai Lama

    G'day, Yes, well said Limerickman, and not only that Schumie drives like the wind too, plays football with such gusto and enthusiasm, you would think he did it for a living. Everything he turns a hand to is done from the heart which makes him head and shoulders above most other mere mortals, he really is a great man in so many ways.

    Fantastic, excellent, what more can I say?

    Keep the wheels in motion, and don't look back, unless it's to see who you dropped on that last climb? TBC

  10. Brian Cotgrove said:

    Everything he turns a hand to is done from the heart which makes him head and shoulders above most other mere mortals, he really is a great man in so many ways.


    i like Schummie...perhaps he should take up professional cycling and we may get another German winning the TDF in my lifetime. 😄

  11. MountainPro said:

    i like Schummie...perhaps he should take up professional cycling and we may get another German winning the TDF in my lifetime. 😄

    G'day MountainPro, I agree, just pick a team, Michael Schumaker, Jan Ullrich, Erik Zabel, back them up with a team of slaves who would work for the glory of Deutchland and hey presto?

    I know I'm only dreaming but wouldn't it be a good?

    I did see in one of the "Formula One Magazines" that Schumie does ride a bike to keep fit and I seem to remember he was talking to Jan Ullrich about his interest in the sport of cycling too?

    Keep the wheels in motion, and don't look back, unless it's to see who you dropped on the last climb? TBC

  12. Brian Cotgrove said:

    G'day MountainPro, I agree, just pick a team, Michael Schumaker, Jan Ullrich, Erik Zabel, back them up with a team of slaves who would work for the glory of Deutchland and hey presto?

    I know I'm only dreaming but wouldn't it be a good?

    I did see in one of the "Formula One Magazines" that Schumie does ride a bike to keep fit and I seem to remember he was talking to Jan Ullrich about his interest in the sport of cycling too?

    Keep the wheels in motion, and don't look back, unless it's to see who you dropped on the last climb? TBC

    Read recently an article with a photo of Schumie rock climbing in the Grand Canyon !
    Seemingly he's a fitness fanatic and he goes rock climbing to keep the fitness
    levels up and is pretty good at it by all accounts.

    The photo showed Schummie suspended on the side of what was effectively a wall on a climb in the middle of the Grand Canyon !

  13. Brian Cotgrove said:

    G'day MountainPro, I agree, just pick a team, Michael Schumaker, Jan Ullrich, Erik Zabel, back them up with a team of slaves who would work for the glory of Deutchland and hey presto?

    I know I'm only dreaming but wouldn't it be a good?

    I did see in one of the "Formula One Magazines" that Schumie does ride a bike to keep fit and I seem to remember he was talking to Jan Ullrich about his interest in the sport of cycling too?

    Keep the wheels in motion, and don't look back, unless it's to see who you dropped on the last climb? TBC


    I don't know about Schumacher on a bike, but the racing driver Alain Prost probably could have made it into the Pro ranks.
    While you're on about Aussie bike riders my favourite rider was Neil Stephens, always gave it all as a domestique. I used to know an Aussie crackpot by the name of Bruce Hunt, he rode for Peugot at the time, he did daft things like the Trans Australia record. He had a few tiles missing.
    By the way what about Phil Andersons wife. Nobody likes her over here.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.