What are the advantages of a modern bike?

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:54:58 +0000 (UTC), "jtr"
<[email protected]> blathered:

>http://www.bikemagic.com/forum/forummessages/mps/dt/4/utn/59850/last/1/V/1/SP/
>>
>> Note that I'm not Klein bashing. I ride an Attitude and it's far and
>> away the best riding frame I've had in the 14 years I've been mountain
>> biking. The design ****les on my 2001/2 frame (cable routing, dropout
>> design, disk mount) have been addressed on the current model.
>>

>Thanks for the advice. It won't be a snap decision and maybe I'll give the
>hardtail another year to see if the arms and teeth survive undamaged.

I had tennis elbow two years ago, although it wasn't generally a
problem while cycling unless I was frequently pulling up the front
wheel. It got quite bad, so I went the cortisone injection route -
first one didn't do much, second one almost completely cured it.

However, the way I finally eradicated it completely was to smash my
radius and wrist to bits in a fall - by the time I came out of
plaster, my elbow had had such a good rest it was completely cured! It
worked for me, give it a try...

Now, gotta go, time to ride the Attitude.

Pete Jones

Pete Jones wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:16:31 -0600, Shawn
> <[email protected]> blathered:

>>>When you do, take a look at one of the Maverick-sus offerings (Maverick, Klein
>>>Palomino, Seven Duo).
>>>

>>Listen to that Pete, he's a smart man. I've been happy with my Maverick
>>designed Klein Palomino for two seasons. My experience has been like
>>Pete's, it may have some weakness, but I haven't uncovered it.

> http://www.bikemagic.com/forum/forummessages/mps/dt/4/utn/59850/last/1/V/1/SP/
>
> Note that I'm not Klein bashing. I ride an Attitude and it's far and
> away the best riding frame I've had in the 14 years I've been mountain
> biking. The design ****les on my 2001/2 frame (cable routing, dropout
> design, disk mount) have been addressed on the current model.

So I'm riding a time bomb? I'll worry about that tomorrow. :)
I haven't had problems with the bearings, but I ride in a dry climate.
I am on my second frame, but the first was warrantied because the seat
post couldn't be tightened enough to prevent slipping (and I would've
been happy with a piece of Coke can).

Shawn

Shawn <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> My experience has been like
> Pete's, it may have some weakness, but I haven't uncovered it.

I like mine as well.

I may be talking out my <censored>, but I think the bike is hard to tune do
to the sus. I tried, and utterly failed, to do it myself so I took it into
the bike shop to get it done. They tuned it pretty well but when I came to
pick it up they told me that since it was a Klien I needed to be on it
before they could be certain they'd tuned it correctly and I should come
back if it needed to be adjusted.

--
- Joel C.

Does Alanis Morissette stress you out? Her sweater is on backwards and
inside out, and you say, "Hey, your tag is showing."

RE/
>They tuned it pretty well but when I came to
>pick it up they told me that since it was a Klien I needed to be on it
>before they could be certain they'd tuned it correctly

If they're setting the sag, I'd think the user (or at least somebody that weighs
the same) would have TB on *any* bike...
--
PeteCresswell