What are the key differences between these two bikes?

PDXPean

Feb 23, 2010
And does one stand out as better than the other?

TORKER BICYCLES / COMMUTER LIFE / 2010 U-DISTRICT

Trek Bikes | Bikes | Bike Path | 7000

Both can be found for around $300 right now. I haven't tested them out yet (plan on going tomorrow) but was wondering if you all could provide some insight.

My needs are something for the road, that can accept a rear rack, something relatively light (keep in mind I'd like to stay around $300 though), occasional grocery getter, etc.

If you have any other suggestions, staying around $300, please let me know!

The Trek looks like it's made for either urban use or light trail rides (gravel, loose dirt), while the Torker looks to be a basic urban street bike.

PDXPean said:
And does one stand out as better than the other?

TORKER BICYCLES / COMMUTER LIFE / 2010 U-DISTRICT

Trek Bikes | Bikes | Bike Path | 7000

Both can be found for around $300 right now. I haven't tested them out yet (plan on going tomorrow) but was wondering if you all could provide some insight.

My needs are something for the road, that can accept a rear rack, something relatively light (keep in mind I'd like to stay around $300 though), occasional grocery getter, etc.

If you have any other suggestions, staying around $300, please let me know!
The two bikes are very different.

The TORKER has a steel frame (that's a good thing) which is set up as a SINGLE SPEED (that may-or-may-not be a good thing for you & where you will be riding).

The particular TREK has an aluminum frame (I know someone who has repeatedly declared that he would never own a bike with a steel frame ... he has been trying to figure out how to turn his 18 pound bike into a sub-16 pound bike ... I prefer steel framed bikes).

The TORKER should be a very low maintenance bike ...

The particular TREK has low end Shimano & SRAM components (nothing wrong with that, but more frequent maintenance will undoubtedly be required).

If you rode a bike when you were a kid AND you didn't have a bike with multiple gears AND you didn't feel as though you needed multiple gears, then the TORKER will be fine ... otherwise, you may want to get the TREK.

Lares said:
The Trek looks like it's made for either urban use or light trail rides (gravel, loose dirt), while the Torker looks to be a basic urban street bike.
I totally agree with your reply. Thanks for nice sharing.

You're welcome. Glad I could help.