What can I buy for under $1500.00

Jan 18, 2006
Hey Everyone,

I'm a roadie who wants to put in a lot of miles on jeep trails near my home in the off season to stay in shape. I don't know anything about mountain bikes except that I like the idea of a hard tail. Any suggestions about what I should be looking for in a decent bike? I guess I should say that for starters, I'm not looking at doing any aggressive riding (downhill, stumps, etc.). Also, I have a feeling I'm going to be converted after I try mountain biking. :)

Thanks for any advice you guys can give me!

If you are 5'9" or taller, look at the RALEIGH XXIX+G as a possible choice ...

lance_armstrong said:
Hey Everyone,

I'm a roadie who wants to put in a lot of miles on jeep trails near my home in the off season to stay in shape. I don't know anything about mountain bikes except that I like the idea of a hard tail. Any suggestions about what I should be looking for in a decent bike? I guess I should say that for starters, I'm not looking at doing any aggressive riding (downhill, stumps, etc.). Also, I have a feeling I'm going to be converted after I try mountain biking. :)

Hey, Lance you are rich and you would think money would be no problem.

lance_armstrong said:
Hey Everyone,

Google: Bikes 60% off.