Craig Brossman said:Tom Purvis said:... the local ski area (Monarch) was reporting 14 new inches at 4:30am! Here in Southern
Colorado, that is HUGE. Betcha won't hear from MattB today.
Telluride had 8, Purg 4.
Are you still allowed to call it Purg? Won't the thought police come to your house and force you to
call it, uh, whatever it's called now?
Quoted message said:I'm still 4 weeks from the stick or a mountain bike!
Four weeks will pass like nothing. And CO is going to have a snowy Spring. I feel it in my bones.
Guess it could just be time for my motrin.
Shoulder dislocation about 4 weeks ago, and I'm pretty pleased how it's coming so far. I can ride,
gently and in a fairly upright position, but I'm still a ways away from being able to safely ride
offroad. Can't safely ski either, dangit. Pole plants would be really bad. And if I fell on my elbow
again before it firms up some, the shoulder would probably pop out pretty easy.
I don't want that.
I won two ski passes to Monarch at a benefit ride this past Summer. Today would have been a good day
to use them. Nice powder day for folks who could afford to play hooky on a Monday.
--
Tom Purvis - arkansasvalley.nettpurvisOpen ↗ Salida, CO