Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

What do You Take on a Ride?

Started by stinkycat · · Last activity · 9 posts · 1,186 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
23 November 2004
Last activity
10 December 2004
Original author
stinkycat
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,186
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I take the following:
    -spare inner tube
    -tube patch kit
    -An Alien brand multi tool (until recently - I lost it but maybe santa will bring me a new one)
    -medicine bottle with about ten bucks in change and some folding money
    -bandaids
    -battery operated headlight(only during the winter) and spare batteries
    - aspirin
    -water

    What about ya'll?

  2. All the above, plus a little gizmo with a compass/whistle/matches. Also bring a few replacement chain pins.

  3. Good point about the links Scotty dog. My goal is to be able to handle any debilitating situation on the ride. I guess I need to get some links to complete the kit.

  4. And I guess you'll need a pump too once you used that patch kit of yours. There's no need for pocket change if you bring along a cellphone instead and save some weight in the process? But do keep the big bills just in case...

  5. OOPS! Good point krayzie. I forgot to mention that. I used to keep a pump mounted to the frame but found that it gets weather damaged so now keep it in my bag.

  6. Do you guys bundle up your tubes? Or how else do you store em?

    Just asking, because one day I got a flat, and went to use my spare and found out it was riddled with holes all along the edges where it was folded. Has this happened to any of you? I don't know how else to pack it up properly.

  7. In addition I have found it handy to bring a little cash too. Has saved me a couple of times. Especially on a hungry epic ride day.

  8. I'm new to mountain biking and am putting together a repair/emergency kit based partially on the input here. I'd add tire tools. Also, being in the tire business, I can add this: Tubes will develop ozone damage quickly if exposed to the air, especially in higher altitudes. I'd keep them in tightly closed bags to prevent this. Not that it would be an issue, but being stored close to anything that has an electro-magnetic field of any significance will also cause them to deteriorate prematurely. I don't suppose anyone has a transformer in their house, but thought I'd mention this potential risk.

  9. stinkycat said:

    I take the following:
    -spare inner tube
    -tube patch kit
    -An Alien brand multi tool (until recently - I lost it but maybe santa will bring me a new one)
    -medicine bottle with about ten bucks in change and some folding money
    -bandaids
    -battery operated headlight(only during the winter) and spare batteries
    - aspirin
    -water

    What about ya'll?


    I really need to make up a kit before something does happen to me on a ride. Please keep the lists coming so I can see what ya'll take. Thanx.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.