Health Nutrition and Supplements · Public discussion

What Energy Gels Do You Use?

Started by Vickeree · · Last activity · 8 posts · 1,364 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Health Nutrition and Supplements
Published
13 March 2015
Last activity
24 April 2015
Original author
Vickeree
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,364
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Can anyone share what energy gels they use? I've been experimenting with GU gels and cliff shots but most of the time I get gas problems and upset stomach if I combine it with pre-workout coffee and hydrate with gatorade on the road. Anyone here with the same experience?

  2. I don't use any gel for energy. I haven't felt the need to use any. I'm sure if I was a hardcore cyclist, I think I would look into it. For now I just eat right and fuel up frequently.

  3. Vickeree said:

    Can anyone share what energy gels they use? I've been experimenting with GU gels and cliff shots but most of the time I get gas problems and upset stomach if I combine it with pre-workout coffee and hydrate with gatorade on the road. Anyone here with the same experience?

    It is the fructose in both of them.

  4. Gels of that sort tend to have sugar and possibly caffine. You need to load yourself with good protein and carbs. If you are short on time and on the go, then I can see you using them, but for long term sustainable energy, that's not a good option.

  5. Weatherby said:

    It is the fructose in both of them.


    You mean sugar right? Fructose is found in fruits as well. That's why I limit my fruit intake. I don't like to eat too much fructose/sugar.

  6. I'd say cut back on all the pre-workout and maybe even the coffee. That's probably holding you back more than it's helping as far as I'm concerned. Energy gels aren't that great unless you're cycling incredibly long distances or with high intensity. Up the protein and carbs, and try to avoid so much sugar. I do like my caffeine personally, but it's usually better to cut back on it.

  7. I used to carry a small bottle of honey for long treks. A hit of honey works just as good as any gel. Nowadays, I usually get a chocolate milk or two during a long steady ride.

  8. maydog said:

    I used to carry a small bottle of honey for long treks. A hit of honey works just as good as any gel. Nowadays, I usually get a chocolate milk or two during a long steady ride.


    Wow honey. Try this next time when you go out on a ride. Mix some honey with water and add a shot of organic apple cider vinegar. Braggs is my choice of ACV. It's a good health drink.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.