UK and Europe · Public discussion

What I'm mostly worried about when on a cycle.

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 6 posts · 390 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
13 April 2007
Last activity
14 April 2007
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
390
Views / 30 days
6

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Two hands on the handlebars means your in great position for a right
    or left hander from somebody. Always worries me when I go past a group
    of neds. A wrestling-style clothesline too. No chance of getting out
    the way of that.

    They'd hit me, and I'd topple over, and they [censored] would have my
    bike.

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] writes:
    |> Two hands on the handlebars means your in great position for a right
    |> or left hander from somebody. Always worries me when I go past a group
    |> of neds. A wrestling-style clothesline too. No chance of getting out
    |> the way of that.

    I haven't seen any Neds in YEARS! Where DO you live? And have you
    tried riding further out?

    |> They'd hit me, and I'd topple over, and they [censored] would have my
    |> bike.

    They'd have a job riding mine :-)

    Regards,
    Nick Maclaren.

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Two hands on the handlebars means your in great position for a right
    or left hander from somebody. Always worries me when I go past a group
    of neds. A wrestling-style clothesline too. No chance of getting out
    the way of that.

    They'd hit me, and I'd topple over, and they [censored] would have my
    bike.


    Either duck, or ride into them hard using your shoulder or elbow for
    maximum effect, then leave quickly. :-)

  4. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Two hands on the handlebars means your in great position for a right
    or left hander from somebody. Always worries me when I go past a group
    of neds. A wrestling-style clothesline too. No chance of getting out
    the way of that.

    They'd hit me, and I'd topple over, and they [censored] would have my
    bike.

    David, I think you worry too much. I don't mean just about this, but nearly
    all of your threads is a "cycling is dangerous" style post.

    "Worst Injury?"
    "Man attacked"
    "Do people fly over handlebars?"
    "wise to cycle in Feburary?"

    and so on.

    I suggest you either give cycling up for your peace of mind, or just don't
    worry about it all and get on with it.

  5. "elyob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Two hands on the handlebars means your in great position for a right
    or left hander from somebody. Always worries me when I go past a group
    of neds. A wrestling-style clothesline too. No chance of getting out
    the way of that.

    They'd hit me, and I'd topple over, and they [censored] would have my
    bike.

    David, I think you worry too much. I don't mean just about this, but
    nearly all of your threads is a "cycling is dangerous" style post.

    "Worst Injury?"
    "Man attacked"
    "Do people fly over handlebars?"
    "wise to cycle in Feburary?"

    and so on.

    I suggest you either give cycling up for your peace of mind, or just don't
    worry about it all and get on with it.


    He hasn't deliberated about the merits of helmets yet......

  6. vernon said:
    Quoted message said:


    He hasn't deliberated about the merits of helmets yet......

    You sod. :-) You'll start him off on another tedious thread.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.