On 14 Aug 2006 00:47:43 -0700, "Matt Jones" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
You can also check out dune-buggy stores. They've got all sizes, it seems, so you can see when another guy is coming over the top of a hill and try not to run into him.
Sadly, such stores are not plentiful in all areas.
OTOH, I've seen them on snowmobiles as well.
In the greater Houston, Texas area? '😉
Shucks, no, it was in Minnesota, eh? -- Typoes are a feature, not a bug. Some gardening required to reply via email. Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.
"As far as I know, there is no evidence whatever that these flags enhance safety in any way, and I wouldn't bother installing one. They are quite cumbersome and make the trailer cycle very awkward to store or to transport."
Quoted message said:
Ah, yes! The all-knowing Sheldon Brown. The expert's expert. What's that dark spot on the end of your nose, Fogel?
How does your employer feel about image you portray of Ozark Bicycle Service?? I'd be pretty embarrassed if I was him. \\paul -- Paul M. Hobson Georgia Institute of Technology ..:change the f to ph to reply:.
"As far as I know, there is no evidence whatever that these flags enhance safety in any way, and I wouldn't bother installing one. They are quite cumbersome and make the trailer cycle very awkward to store or to transport."
Quoted message said:
Ah, yes! The all-knowing Sheldon Brown. The expert's expert. What's that dark spot on the end of your nose, Fogel?
How does your employer feel about image you portray of Ozark Bicycle Service?? I'd be pretty embarrassed if I was him.
It's just him driving around in a 1973 Ford Econline van pretending to be a bike mechanic with a couple of crescent wrenches, screwdrivers, and a hammer, and a Farrah Fawcett poster on the ceiling for when things get slow, which is most of the time for him.
Greg -- "All my time I spent in heaven Revelries of dance and wine Waking to the sound of laughter Up I'd rise and kiss the sky" - The Mekons
What are the little gizmos called that seem to be some kind of "see and be seen" thing for bikes---they're small, orange flags on approx 4' long fiberglass rods, and I see 'em on the back wheel area of bikes???
I call them flags. They are good in very hilly areas when an auto driver ascending a hill will at least see the top the flag when you just happen to be ahead but out of sight on the descending side.
Quoted message said:
I need a couple. Where find and what do I call for?
I use a bamboo fishing pole and simply tie a piece of surveryor's ribbon on it's top end.