Power meters · Public discussion

What's your CTL?

Started by kmavm · · Last activity · 28 posts · 3,436 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
19 October 2006
Last activity
23 October 2006
Original author
kmavm
Posts
28
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,436
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–28 of 28
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. JohnMeyers said:

    Do you guys feel a bit over-trained with 100+ CTL's? The last time I was above 100, I had finished a 21 hour week. Granted, I was following a more periodized training plan, so every 4th week had a low TSS total, but 120+ is kinda nutty.

    The only time I had weeks with 20 hours, my CTL was 130. Right now my CTL is about 115 on 15 hours a week.

  2. Woofer said:

    The only time I had weeks with 20 hours, my CTL was 130. Right now my CTL is about 115 on 15 hours a week.

    Wow, you boys get the intensity in, thats for sure!

  3. JohnMeyers said:

    Wow, you boys get the intensity in, thats for sure!

    A CTL of 115 TSS/d on 15 h/wk (to mix time units 🙂 ) would mean an average IF of 0.73...which is pretty typical, i.e., doesn't require devoting an inordinate percentage of one's time to high intensity training/racing.

  4. acoggan said:

    A CTL of 115 TSS/d on 15 h/wk (to mix time units 🙂 ) would mean an average IF of 0.73...which is pretty typical, i.e., doesn't require devoting an inordinate percentage of one's time to high intensity training/racing.


    Here's probably another Q for another poll ... what are your CTL ramp rates per week? Put another way, what is the average change in CTL from week to week?

    Thanks!

    Paul

  5. Season peak 158; currently at 132 and TSB has been positive ~ 3 weeks.

    It looks like TSS will fall between 47,600 - 48,000 for the year, or an average of ~ 131/day.

    It's been a darn good season 🙂

  6. hairball said:

    Season peak 158; currently at 132 and TSB has been positive ~ 3 weeks.

    It looks like TSS will fall between 47,600 - 48,000 for the year, or an average of ~ 131/day.

    It's been a darn good season 🙂

    Hi Dave,
    48000 for the year!! Wicked

    rmur

  7. hairball said:

    Season peak 158; currently at 132 and TSB has been positive ~ 3 weeks.

    It looks like TSS will fall between 47,600 - 48,000 for the year, or an average of ~ 131/day.

    It's been a darn good season 🙂

    That's huge.
    It looks like I'll come in at about 30k for the year. Just a little less.
    My CTL right now is climbing through 88.

  8. I just let it "drop" to 65 this last week from 72. I'm going to push it as high as I can over the next two weeks before trying to peak for cyclocross.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.