What to eat during a break in a long ride

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
I haven’t experienced a real long ride but I had the chance to ride along with long distance riders who were nearing their destination. After about 5 kilometers of uphill climb, they made a stopover on a vacant lot for a rest and some had their snack. Unfortunately, I was not able to take note of what they were eating except for 1 rider who was holding a piece of bread. Do you think that bread is the staple for such stopover?

I haven’t experienced a real long ride but I had the chance to ride along with long distance riders who were nearing their destination. After about 5 kilometers of uphill climb, they made a stopover on a vacant lot for a rest and some had their snack. Unfortunately, I was not able to take note of what they were eating except for 1 rider who was holding a piece of bread. Do you think that bread is the staple for such stopover?
There are all sorts of "athlete" foods and almost all of them are nonsense. You have to get nutrition in a manner that is easy and fast to digest. Sugar is usually the major component of these products since carbohydrates are easy and fast to digest. You also have to be careful not to get too much as once. After looking at all of the stuff available I just eat a Payday candybar and drink a Redbull drink. These slow you down for about a half hour but I don't much care anyway.

Reactions: Corzhens