what to serve with calzones?

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 02:12:02 -0500, Levelwave©
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Loki wrote:
>
> > Since a calzone is just a folded pizza, have whatever you like with pizza. Maybe a salad. My
> > sister always swore by coke and water (half and half) with pizzas (she lives in Italy.)
>

> Coke and water? Strange.

Maybe it's carbonated water. I find that coke doesn't quench my thirst, so maybe by cutting it with
water - it would.

sf wrote:
> Levelwave© wrote:
>> Loki wrote:
>>
>> > Since a calzone is just a folded pizza, have whatever you like
>> with > pizza. Maybe a salad. My sister always swore by coke and water (half > and half) with
>> pizzas (she lives in Italy.)
>>

>> Coke and water? Strange.
>>
> Maybe it's carbonated water. I find that coke doesn't quench my thirst, so maybe by cutting it
> with water - it would.

You think that's strange ? I know an ex-pat South African that drinks Brown Cows ( I always thought
that was kahlua and milk ) - but noooo, it's COKE and MILK. Apparently that's not weird where he's
from. I only request that he mix it in the can where I can't see it :(

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:26:07 +1100, "lea b"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> sf wrote:

> >> with > pizza. Maybe a salad. My sister always swore by coke and water (half > and half) with
> >> pizzas (she lives in Italy.)
> >>

> >> Coke and water? Strange.
> >>
> > Maybe it's carbonated water. I find that coke doesn't quench my thirst, so maybe by cutting it
> > with water - it would.
>
> You think that's strange ?

I hope you're NOT talking to me!

:) It's rather disconcerting to see your post directly
after mine, which is an explanation of sorts.

> I know an ex-pat South African that drinks Brown Cows ( I always thought that was kahlua and milk
> ) - but noooo, it's COKE and MILK. Apparently that's not weird where he's from. I only request
> that he mix it in the can where I can't see it :(

Coke & milk is no more strange than tea & milk. <ducking and running>

> > Since a calzone is just a folded pizza, have whatever you like with
:> > pizza. Maybe a salad. My sister always swore by coke and water (half and half) with pizzas (she
:> > lives in Italy.)
:>
:>
:> Coke and water? Strange.

: Quite common. The full coke tastes too sweet and thick. On a hot day bottled gassed water
: is lovely.

Then Pepsi would _really_ need watering down, as it's much sweeter than Coke!