Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

What type of riding

Started by Simon · · Last activity · 18 posts · 2,017 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
23 January 2003
Last activity
23 January 2003
Original author
Simon
Posts
18
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,017
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–18 of 18
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Me again.

    Just wondering what type of riding most people here do? And where do you come from?

    I am from UK mainly ride street, jump singletrack and some mild cross country (on my tank of a bike)
    Bike is a 24 bikes "pornking"

    Simon

    --
    *************************************************
    ***-=[ tau-designs.co.uktau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
    *************************************************
    The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
    for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
    recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
    reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

    The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the views or policies of
    Tau-Designs.co.uk

  2. Simon said:

    Me again.

    Just wondering what type of riding most people here do?

    Mainly XC stuff (not racing). Used to race DH, but now leave that to my brother (who's UK senior
    men's champion). Nowadays, I just tend to potter along trying to find interesting stuff to ride, the
    more technical the better. Oh, and I'm contemplating doing the Mega Avalanche Cup on a rigid
    singlespeed.

    Also ride bmx (street and park), because although mountain biking is nice, I don't get to fall off
    enough. BMX gives me the pain fix I need 🙂

    And where do you

    Quoted message said:

    come from?

    Originally, I'm from Kent. Moved to Sheffield, then Grimsby, then Luxembourg and now Dusseldorf.
    Dusseldorf is superb - it's inherited all the [censored] bits of Holland (it's flat as a pancake) but
    hasn't retained any of the good bits (coffee shops, huge red light districts and a distinct lack
    of Germans).

    Quoted message said:

    I am from UK mainly ride street, jump singletrack and some mild cross country (on my tank of a
    bike) Bike is a 24 bikes "pornking"

    Be prepared for some grief about riding an adult bmx...

    BTW, how do you jump singletrack?

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: bombacommand.iwarp.comambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: bombacommand.iwarp.combmx faq.htm

  3. "Simon" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Me again.

    Just wondering what type of riding most people here do?

    Being that the newsgroup is "alt.mountain-bike", I would wager mountain bikng.

    Quoted message said:

    And where do you come from?

    The planet Zarcon.

    JD

  4. Simon said:

    Me again.

    Just wondering what type of riding most people here do? And where do you come from?

    I am from UK mainly ride street, jump singletrack and some mild cross country (on my tank of a
    bike) Bike is a 24 bikes "pornking"

    Simon

    Wooded single track, rocks, logs, drops, lots of hills....general mountain biking.

    bill

    The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
    an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

  5. "Simon" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Me again.

    Just wondering what type of riding most people here do? And where do you come from?

    Hills, dales, rocks, rolls, logs, sticks, roots, streams, dreams......................... you know,
    mountain bike stuff.

    I have no idea where I'm from.......... I was born at a very early age.

    Marty

  6. "Simon" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Me again.

    Just wondering what type of riding most people here do? And where do you come from?

    I am from UK mainly ride street, jump singletrack and some mild cross country (on my tank of a
    bike) Bike is a 24 bikes "pornking"

    Simon

    Here in Hymietown, I tend to do the kind of biking where I make little circles with my feet.

    /s

  7. |
    | UK here also, Lancashire.
    |
    | I ride your usual UK XC stuff on a bike I built up around the original
    BASE
    | jump frame (but with long seatpost, and raised front end to accommodate
    XC)
    | play around a little too, but I'm [censored] at jumps and drops. My bike's a
    tank
    | too, weighing in at about 35 pounds ',;~}
    |
    | Shaun aRe - Errrrmm, I almost forgot - "Now go blow yourself, you fecking newbie scumbag!" (Didn't
    | want to disappoint anyone).
    |

    I too am [censored] at jumps and drops but I like to die trying.

    Thanks for not dissapointing stagnant old timer!

    :o)

  8. Michael Dart said:

    Except for road riding, I think that's boring.

    You must not be doing it wrong.

    Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
    should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

  9. Simon said:

    | I ride your usual UK XC stuff on a bike I built up around the original
    BASE
    | jump frame (but with long seatpost, and raised front end to accommodate
    XC)
    | play around a little too, but I'm [censored] at jumps and drops.

    I too am [censored] at jumps and drops but I like to die trying.

    Ooh, ooh, newbie in to jumps and drops! Can I get out the picture of the cliff jump?

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: bombacommand.iwarp.comambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: bombacommand.iwarp.combmx faq.htm

  10. I see I mislaid a comma there. I am sure JH could jump singletrack after seeing the cliff drop pic.

    Glad people here have a sense of humour too, makes a change from some other newsgroups.

    Simon

    "Shaun Rimmer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    |
    | Jonathan Harris <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    | > Simon wrote:
    | > > Me again.
    | > >
    | > > Just wondering what type of riding most people here do?
    | >
    | > Mainly XC stuff (not racing). Used to race DH, but now leave that to my brother (who's UK senior
    | > men's champion). Nowadays, I just tend to potter along trying to find interesting stuff to ride,
    | > the more technical the better. Oh, and I'm contemplating doing the Mega Avalanche Cup on a rigid
    | > singlespeed.
    | >
    | > Also ride bmx (street and park), because although mountain biking is nice, I don't get to fall
    | > off enough. BMX gives me the pain fix I need
    | 🙂
    | >
    | > And where do you
    | > > come from?
    | >
    | > Originally, I'm from Kent. Moved to Sheffield, then Grimsby, then Luxembourg and now Dusseldorf.
    | > Dusseldorf is superb - it's inherited all the [censored] bits of Holland (it's flat as a pancake) but
    | > hasn't retained any of the good bits (coffee shops, huge red light districts and a distinct lack
    | > of Germans).
    | >
    | > > I am from UK mainly ride street, jump singletrack and some mild cross country (on my tank of a
    | > > bike) Bike is a 24 bikes "pornking"
    | >
    | > Be prepared for some grief about riding an adult bmx...
    | >
    | > BTW, how do you jump singletrack?
    |
    |
    | It helps if it's real purdy singletrack and yer feelin' horny.
    |
    | Shaun aRe
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

  11. "Jonathan Harris" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Simon said:

    | I ride your usual UK XC stuff on a bike I built up around the original
    BASE
    | jump frame (but with long seatpost, and raised front end to


    accommodate

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    XC)
    | play around a little too, but I'm [censored] at jumps and drops.

    I too am [censored] at jumps and drops but I like to die trying.

    Ooh, ooh, newbie in to jumps and drops! Can I get out the picture of the cliff jump?

    Don'tcha hate it? Have just discovered that young staff member has just purchased mtb of some
    description and first ride involved clearly marked "NO BIKES ALLOWED" walkers trail with steep
    downhills/uphills. Have tried taking him under wing and explained the evil of riding such trails in
    friendly manner but was firmly rebuked with "What would you know with your granny bike, you old
    fart!" He, apparently, is Downhill God and capable of drops and jumps that simply defy imagination.
    (Hopefully pictures of Xrays to follow.) Am currently considering either loosening seatpost, or some
    sort of graphite based lubricate on young wippersnappers brakepads......

    Westie 😉

  12. Shaun Rimmer said:

    Allow me:

    bombacommand.iwarp.comcliff.htm

    This is JH, showing us all why it's a good idea to keep the brain in good order.

    Spiff pants!

    gabrielle

  13. "Westridge" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Have just discovered that young staff member has just purchased mtb of some description and first
    ride involved clearly marked


    "NO

    Quoted message said:

    BIKES ALLOWED" walkers trail with steep downhills/uphills. Have tried taking him under wing and
    explained the evil of riding such trails in friendly manner but was firmly rebuked with "What
    would you know with your granny bike, you old fart!" He, apparently, is Downhill God and capable


    of

    Quoted message said:

    drops and jumps that simply defy imagination. (Hopefully pictures of


    Xrays

    Quoted message said:

    to follow.) Am currently considering either loosening seatpost, or some sort of


    graphite

    Quoted message said:

    based lubricate on young wippersnappers brakepads......

    His name wouldn't be "Muddy" by chance?!?

    Bill "or a near relation" S.

  14. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    | > Simon wrote:
    | > > Me again.
    | > >
    | > > Just wondering what type of riding most people here do?

    UK, Manchester. (But don't tell Rimmer, he's got it in for me)

    XC, Freeride, Extreme, (tiny) jumps, ([censored] at) Street riding. (footpaths) Bit of everything

    --

    Got off at Piccadilly Station the other day, while I was with my bike. (Attually the bike was with
    me). When I arrived I rode off the train, down the escalator, and dogged the people. Mind you it was
    at 11:00pm. Fun all the same.

    --

    Muddy - Me, downhill God? Ok you got it right this time.

  15. "Shaun Rimmer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Michael Dart <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Shaun Rimmer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Michael Dart <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    > I live in Richmond VA but I grew up near a Buffalo NY.

    Ah, that'd explain the smell......

    Shaun aRe

    Yup. One mill town for another.

    Mike - But didn't think it was strong enough to cross an ocean!

    "I grew up near a Buffalo"

    You didn't notice the slight edit then?


    See, most of your posts go largely unnoticed. So why not give us a break. It was alot quieter around
    here when you couldn't get free access. Too bad really. This place was starting to turn around. But
    you returned.

    Dave

    Quoted message said:

    Shaun aRe a stupid caterwalling pansy!

  16. "gabrielle" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Shaun Rimmer said:

    Allow me:

    bombacommand.iwarp.comcliff.htm

    This is JH, showing us all why it's a good idea to keep the brain in good order.

    Spiff pants!

    He must have been there the same day as me and my three year old were there!

    pbase.commedium

    Lance

    Quoted message said:

    gabrielle

  17. "Shaun Rimmer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Muddy <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > | > Simon wrote:
    > | > > Me again.
    > | > >
    > | > > Just wondering what type of riding most people here do?

    UK, Manchester.

    Sorry to hear it......

    Quoted message said:

    (But don't tell Rimmer, he's got it in for me)

    Yeah - I [censored] my sides when you couldn't find the hole by yourself. That poor girl nearly died
    laughing too......

    ......Yeah I accidently stuck it up her [censored] untill Rimmer pointed it out to me. Anyway, what were
    you doing there? The agreement was a threesome with two girls. Ahhh, know wonder you knew where to
    put it, your a big woman. I always thought Shaun was a girlie name.

    So, what you wearing...

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    XC, Freeride, Extreme, (tiny) jumps, ([censored] at) Street riding. (footpaths) Bit of everything

    Oh dear.....

    Im not that good at jump and street riding. But I'd still kick you [censored] at them all, you big nancy.

    Quoted message said:


    Shaun aRe....


    .....girlie named

    Muddy - Call me.

  18. JD says:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    And where do you come from?

    The planet Zarcon.

    That explains it! ;-)

    Steve

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.