General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Whatcha fixing for dinner?

Started by Serene-y the Meanie · · Last activity · 28 posts · 252 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
16 April 2007
Last activity
19 April 2007
Original author
Serene-y the Meanie
Posts
28
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
252
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–28 of 28
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Christine Dabney wrote on 18 Apr 2007 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:
    (TammyM) said:

    On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 15:26:20 -0700, Serene-y the Meanie
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    You are an extremely thoughtful person, you know?

    The soup sounds lovely, but the amount of love included is the best
    part.

    She **is** very thoughtful, and a very nice person to be around.
    She's also a wonderful cook! Charlotte, I never got around to saying
    "thank you" for the Demo Dollie-Berkeley roadtrip. Will zap you an
    email :-)

    Tammy

    I concur with this statement wholeheartedly...plus she is a great
    conversationalist.

    And I hope she is able to come down to NM for the Labor Day Weekend
    cook-in. 😉

    Christine. who had Charlotte call her a [censored]. 😉

    Supper tonight? Well I roasted a couple chicken thighs...liberally
    sprinkled with a spice blend I got at CostCo...a red pepper and garlic
    blend. To that I added some brocolli...I was gonna add some leftover
    grilled asparagus...but it's gone missing...Do you lose food items too?

    The olde convection oven sure crisps up chicken nicely and fairly too.

    At Costco today I tried a sample of a 'New' corn chip...It was green
    speckled and Guac flavoured...Seemed nice but not as good as papadums.

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    (TammyM) said:

    She **is** very thoughtful, and a very nice person to be around.
    She's also a wonderful cook! Charlotte, I never got around to saying
    "thank you" for the Demo Dollie-Berkeley roadtrip. Will zap you an
    email :-)

    Tammy

    Fixing for tonight's dinner? Sloppy joes made with Manwich; coleslaw (I
    shredded the cabbage myself in atonement for canned Manwich) with onion,
    green pepepr, radish, creamy slaw dressing. Doritos from flour torts.
    Corn relish.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    http://jamlady.eboard.com - Comfort Food for Bob Pastorio, updated
    3-16-2007
    http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - blahblahblog - Orange Honey
    Garlic Chicken, 3-29-2007
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor

  3. [email hidden] (Charlotte L. Blackmer) wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    If you want to rumble with me, feel free to bring it; just CHANGE THE
    BOBDAMN SUBJECT LINE when you do.

    okTHXbye!!

    Charlotte

    Point taken, you feisty wench you!! :-)

    --
    Peter Lucas
    Brisbane
    Australia

    "People sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in
    the night to do violence to those who would do them harm"
    -- George Orwell

  4. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Melba's Jammin said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    (TammyM) said:

    She **is** very thoughtful, and a very nice person to be around.
    She's also a wonderful cook! Charlotte, I never got around to saying
    "thank you" for the Demo Dollie-Berkeley roadtrip. Will zap you an
    email :-)

    Tammy

    Fixing for tonight's dinner? Sloppy joes made with Manwich; coleslaw (I
    shredded the cabbage myself in atonement for canned Manwich) with onion,
    green pepepr, radish, creamy slaw dressing. Doritos from flour torts.
    Corn relish.

    Beef casserole of some sort. I'll probably make it a fairly simple one,
    with mashed potatoes and some sort of green vegetable (haven't made up
    my mind which yet).

    Miche

    --
    In the monastery office --
    Before enlightenment: fetch mail, shuffle paper
    After enlightenment: fetch mail, shuffle paper

  5. PeterLucas said:

    [email hidden] (Charlotte L. Blackmer) wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    If you want to rumble with me, feel free to bring it; just CHANGE THE
    BOBDAMN SUBJECT LINE when you do.

    okTHXbye!!

    Point taken, you feisty wench you!! :-)


    She **is** feisty, intelligent and articulate - you're entirely out of
    your league with her - and she's beautiful to boot! You'd surrender
    so fast you wouldn't know what hit you....

    TammyM ;-)

  6. On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:18:42 +0000 (UTC), [email hidden]

    (Charlotte L. Blackmer) said:
    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (TammyM) wrote in

    Quoted message said:

    She **is** very thoughtful, and a very nice person to be around.
    She's also a wonderful cook! Charlotte, I never got around to saying
    "thank you" for the Demo Dollie-Berkeley roadtrip. Will zap you an
    email :-)

    Cool! I'm eager to hear how it went and what foodie delights you
    experienced in The Foodie Wonder That Is Berkeley.

    We started off at the Spanish Table. I bought a 3-liter can of my
    favorite EVOO. Yes, really, a 3-liter can. I fill a small-ish bottle
    with it which I keep in the cupboard, and the rest of the can goes in
    the fridge. With the cost of gas now, it's hard to justify a jaunt to
    Berkeley, so I buy big! Also picked up my favorite sherry vinegar, a
    few jars of those wonderful & addictive lemon-stuffed green olives
    that Ron and Joe brought to my last Sacramento cook-in. A couple of
    other incidentals. Dropped around $100 there. At Andronico's, I
    bought the beautiful bottom round for my Easter swiss steak (which, if
    I do say so myself, was the cat's meow, the bee's knees and the dog's
    bollocks ... er ... I'm metaphor challenged). We went to the Cheese
    Board and mom flirted shamelessly with the man who gave us endless
    samples (for the pretty ladies) and gave my mom a complimentary cheese
    slicer for having come all the way from the wilds of Sacramento.
    FLIRT! I've never seen my mom flirt before, no wonder she is a demo
    dolly at Costco - lots of flirting opportunities :-) We then had a
    nice lunch at Fatapple's - thanks for the suggestion! There was no
    possibility of getting them to a more exotic restaurant (I liked the
    sound of the Turkish one) and the dollies LOVED it! We farted around
    a bit more in Berkeley and then headed home.

    If any of you Berkeley-ites have other suggestions for foodie
    adventures (other than the Berkeley Bowl) and non-exotic lunch
    suggestions for the dollies and me, please post 'em! I still want to
    get to Oakland and pursue some of the suggestions that Joseph
    Littleshoes has offered.

    TammyM

  7. [email hidden] (TammyM) wrote in news:46277f3c.318236469
    @news.ucdavis.edu:

    Quoted message said:
    PeterLucas said:

    [email hidden] (Charlotte L. Blackmer) wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    If you want to rumble with me, feel free to bring it; just CHANGE


    THE

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    BOBDAMN SUBJECT LINE when you do.

    okTHXbye!!

    Point taken, you feisty wench you!! :-)


    She **is** feisty, intelligent and articulate - you're entirely out of
    your league with her - and she's beautiful to boot! You'd surrender
    so fast you wouldn't know what hit you....

    TammyM ;-)

    LOL!! Now you have me intrigued!!

    But please be warned........ "out of my league" and "surrender" are not
    part of my vocabulary :-)

    *Does not compute*!!

    --
    Peter Lucas
    Brisbane
    Australia

    "People sleep safely in their beds because rough men stand ready in
    the night to do violence to those who would do them harm"
    -- George Orwell

  8. a real "WWT" ...

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    TammyM said:

    On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:18:42 +0000 (UTC), [email hidden]

    (Charlotte L. Blackmer) said:
    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (TammyM) wrote in
    > She **is** very thoughtful, and a very nice person to be around.
    > She's also a wonderful cook! Charlotte, I never got around to saying
    > "thank you" for the Demo Dollie-Berkeley roadtrip. Will zap you an
    > email :-)

    Cool! I'm eager to hear how it went and what foodie delights you
    experienced in The Foodie Wonder That Is Berkeley.

    We started off at the Spanish Table. I bought a 3-liter can of my
    favorite EVOO. Yes, really, a 3-liter can. I fill a small-ish bottle
    with it which I keep in the cupboard, and the rest of the can goes in
    the fridge. With the cost of gas now, it's hard to justify a jaunt to
    Berkeley, so I buy big! Also picked up my favorite sherry vinegar, a
    few jars of those wonderful & addictive lemon-stuffed green olives
    that Ron and Joe brought to my last Sacramento cook-in. A couple of
    other incidentals.

    I love those olives. The Berkeley Bowl used to have larger lemon-stuffed
    ones, which I loved, but seems to not have them any more. My SIL and I
    almost fought over them at Christmas. (Well not really, my SIL is a very
    nice person 😉, but we both love olives. she gets the canned ones in her
    christmas stocking.)

    (The Bowl's almond-stuffed ones are almost as good, though.)

    Quoted message said:

    Dropped around $100 there. At Andronico's, I
    bought the beautiful bottom round for my Easter swiss steak (which, if
    I do say so myself, was the cat's meow, the bee's knees and the dog's
    bollocks ... er ... I'm metaphor challenged). We went to the Cheese
    Board and mom flirted shamelessly with the man who gave us endless
    samples (for the pretty ladies) and gave my mom a complimentary cheese
    slicer for having come all the way from the wilds of Sacramento.
    FLIRT! I've never seen my mom flirt before, no wonder she is a demo
    dolly at Costco - lots of flirting opportunities :-)

    GO MOM GO!!

    Hilarious!

    The Cheese Board is great because of the samples and the service. You may
    have to wait, but you have their undivided attention. (Country Cheese, a
    little south of Spanish Table, has almost as good a selection and is
    generally cheaper, but it's pre-packed. OTOH, there is a good range of
    fancy groceries at very good prices.)

    Quoted message said:

    We then had a
    nice lunch at Fatapple's - thanks for the suggestion! There was no
    possibility of getting them to a more exotic restaurant (I liked the
    sound of the Turkish one)

    It's not horrendously spicy - I can imagine my parents (who aren't big
    spice hounds but do like their veggies) eating there.

    Quoted message said:

    and the dollies LOVED it!

    It's a great place. Next time get some of the ollalieberry jam to take
    home.

    Quoted message said:

    We farted around
    a bit more in Berkeley and then headed home.

    If any of you Berkeley-ites have other suggestions for foodie
    adventures (other than the Berkeley Bowl) and non-exotic lunch
    suggestions for the dollies and me, please post 'em! I still want to
    get to Oakland and pursue some of the suggestions that Joseph
    Littleshoes has offered.

    You should still go to Sagrada to browse and have a sandwich nearby at
    either Genova Deli or Bakesale Betty's. Excellent stuff.

    Back in Berkeley, I had an icecream at Sketch on Fourth Street (next to
    Bette's Oceanview - another rec for All-American Chow) for the first time
    on Monday. Meyer lemon sorbet ... yum. Although I was annoyed that I
    couldn't have two flavors in the small bowl. Fourth Street has good
    foodie browsing resources, with the Pasta Shop and Peet's and Surly Table
    right across the street from each other. For a splurge lunch/dinner that
    is DD compatible, Cafe Rouge is good (the burger is excellent).

    Charlotte
    --

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.