Whats wrong with a Huffy??

Does anyone actually like cruisers? Personally I think they are
revolting.

Coyoteboy wrote:
> Does anyone actually like cruisers? Personally I think they are
> revolting.

They have their charms. For... well.... just cruising. Like on the
beach.

[email protected] wrote:
> Coyoteboy wrote:
>
>>Does anyone actually like cruisers? Personally I think they are
>>revolting.

> They have their charms. For... well.... just cruising. Like on the
> beach.

I like them ok for around town, but I like fenders on my townies.
I never quite understood why beach cruisers don't typically have fenders.

Matt (rides an old JC Higgins girl's bike for a townie these days)

Must just be me then...just wouldnt ride something that looked like
that.

Coyoteboy wrote:
> Must just be me then...just wouldnt ride something that looked like
> that.

Yep. Must be.

Matt

Coyoteboy wrote:
> Does anyone actually like cruisers? Personally I think they are
> revolting.

Does anyone actually like top posters? Personally I think they are
revolting, especially when asking if anyone likes cruiser bikes when at
least two have obviously stated that they do. What makes them even
more revolting is their obvious ignorance to the fact that the modern
mountain bike was BORN FROM BALLOON TIRE CRUISER BICYCLES.

What are you, like twelve or something like that?

JD

MattB wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Coyoteboy wrote:
> >
> >>Does anyone actually like cruisers? Personally I think they are
> >>revolting.

> > They have their charms. For... well.... just cruising. Like on the
> > beach.

Yeah, I can see where that would be pretty tough to figure out for
some, as they are commonly called "beach cruisers".

> I like them ok for around town, but I like fenders on my townies.
> I never quite understood why beach cruisers don't typically have fenders.

John Hammond said it in a song...something along the lines of seeming
to never rain in Southern California. I prefer a lighter bike for
cruising, which is my most of my cruiser bikes are fenderless and pared
down as much as possible.

JD

JD wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>
>>[email protected] wrote:

>>>They have their charms. For... well.... just cruising. Like on the
>>>beach.

> Yeah, I can see where that would be pretty tough to figure out for
> some, as they are commonly called "beach cruisers".
>

>>I like them ok for around town, but I like fenders on my townies.
>>I never quite understood why beach cruisers don't typically have fenders.

> John Hammond said it in a song...something along the lines of seeming
> to never rain in Southern California. I prefer a lighter bike for
> cruising, which is my most of my cruiser bikes are fenderless and pared
> down as much as possible.
>
> JD

I see. I still like the fenders, and for cruising, a little extra weight
doesn't bother me. Seems like riding it on the beach would kick sand up
but I imagine that would depend on where on the beach you ride and what
tires are being used.
It doesn't rain much here either, but the fenders are still good for
preventing the slush stripe on my back during the transitional seasons.
I also think they earn a few style points. Especially chrome ones.

I also like basket or rack that can carry at least a twelve pack!

Matt (ya gotta' have yer priorities!)

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per JD:
>> Does anyone actually like top posters? Personally I think they are
>> revolting,

> I prefer reading a top post to one where somebody quotes all 300
> lines of a message and then types just a single sentence at the
> bottom.

Nice.

Per JD:

--
PeteCresswell

Coyoteboy wrote:
> Must just be me then...just wouldnt ride something that looked like
> that.

It's like "fat-fendered" cars. When I was younger that look would
disgust me; now I find it has its own beuty.