Whee winter solstice

Mikael Seierup

Guest
From now on it gets lighter. :) About time too. Day was down to 6 hours 56 mins here.

Mikael

Mikael,

I remembering jogging at noon in Bremerhaven at this time of year. The long shadows and low light
reminded me of sunset. It must be just that much worse in much of Denmark. It is no wonder that all
us pagans took to celebrating the rebirth of the sun.

I also remember waking up to sunshine at 0300 hrs in June.

Gary McCarty, Greenspeed GTO, Salt Lake City

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
berlin.de>...
> From now on it gets lighter. :) About time too. Day was down to 6 hours 56 mins here.
>
> Mikael

Now the light comes back... My winter solstice ride was 23 mi this year. Unseasonably warm weather
for Michigan this time of year. Have had some late 30's, low 40's.

The solstice has always marked a turning point for me in winter riding. I start getting fired up
about the riding season to come. In January, I look forward to the TOSRV signup about the middle of
the month and in February the DALMAC applications mail. Gets me through the cold and dark.

Happy Holidays!

Brad Eschler New Linear Welded LWB (nice!) Linear Folder R40 RANS Rocket

Mikael Seierup wrote:
> From now on it gets lighter. :)

Not here :-( Next door to the Nut Mines in which I while away my daylight hours they are building a
big block of flats, cunningly positioned to block the last remaining window through which anything
other than bricks can be seen...

AND it's raining. Bah!

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/