Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Wheel reflectors

Started by Davidm · · Last activity · 44 posts · 2,120 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
20 August 2004
Last activity
29 August 2004
Original author
Davidm
Posts
44
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,120
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–44 of 44
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. aeek said:


    Shane Stanley said:

    2.14.2.1 above because a rider making a right hand turn from a centre
    position on a road (median line) is required under road traffic
    regulations to give a hand signal, which means having one hand off the
    h/bar. If the left hand brake lever operated the front brake there is
    an
    increased risk of locking the front wheel and spilling the rider (who
    is

    so logical and yet so dumb! My rear brake balances the front but is
    never going to stop me. So I signal right as I approach the
    intersection and stop signalling so I can consider braking when I get
    close (and visable to cross traffic in a builtup area).

    Which should be fine, as you ARE supposed to signal your intention to
    turn (ie: before the turn) rather than during the actual turn itself.

    ---
    Cheers

    PeterC

    [Rushing headlong: out of control - and there ain't no stopping]
    [and there's nothing you can do about it at all]

  2. Peter Cremasco said:


    Which should be fine, as you ARE supposed to signal your intention to
    turn (ie: before the turn) rather than during the actual turn itself.

    I need to stop signalling before I can be seen from the cross street in a built up area.
    The fact that I'm just to the left of the centreline still ought to be an indication.
    I find my signalling right is directed more to the vehicles behind me.

  3. Quoted message said:

    Subject: Wheel reflectors

    ZBOXMAN94506

    this was posted by AUSSIE AO TROLL [email hidden]

  4. Davidm said:

    So, what do you guys use on road bikes? The "standard" reflectors mine
    came with are much like you see on every bike from kmart upwards, but is
    this the best way to do it? Seems quite heavy, unbalanced, and not really
    attractive...

    I've got glow-in-the-dark spokey-dokeys(sp?) on my commuter.
    yes really.

    $2 a box at go-lo, makes kmart reflectors look sexy 🙂

    -kt

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.